PDA

View Full Version : Any Flu Remedies!?!?!?

Sodar
10-30-2006, 06:09 PM
I came down with the most intense stomach flu I have ever had last night. I did not know my body could expel so much from both ends!!

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get better? I started a new job 2 weeks ago and have already had to call in sick... I am sure it is leaving a bad taste!

Footin
10-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Scotch, losta scotch.

Sodar
10-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Ha ha, I like it! Kills all the germs!!

rodltg2
10-30-2006, 06:50 PM
only remedy is time. but to help get through ;buy some popsicles and gatorade. dont drink or eat too much or out it goes.

Chief
10-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Imodium-D will stop one end but drink lots of fluid.

Footin
10-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Dry toast, crackers and 7up.

Sodar
10-30-2006, 07:03 PM
only remedy is time. but to help get through ;buy some popsicles and gatorade. dont drink or eat too much or out it goes.

Great idea Rod! I will have the girlfriend pick some up before she comes over!

LakePirate
10-30-2006, 07:13 PM
The Tang slushie

Make Tang in a blender with mostly Ice and enough water to create the consistency that you want.

It was good enough for Pele and the astronauts.

bigmac
10-30-2006, 07:23 PM

Mom..?? Is that you...??

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-30-2006, 07:25 PM
pedialyte will help you from dehydrating, as will gatorade. lots of water is great too. just keep the fluids going in. you dont want to get dehydrated. you just need to let it run its course, there are no cures for the flu. Just stay in bed, (or sleep on the floor in the bathroom) and keep the fluids going in. if you feel up to it, drink some chicken soup broth to get some nutrition in you, but that might not agree with your stomach just yet. use your judgement. and NO, I am not a doctor, but I did go to Mag Mania. ;)

10-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Ooo! thats a good one too Mike!:) Good ideas!

Footin
10-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Mom..?? Is that you...??

Thanks...that made me LOL :D :D :D

JohnnyB
10-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Pedialite is also awesome for hangovers :D

Sodar
10-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Had my mom come over and start an IV... I feel much better. Unfortunately i do not think i can walk in the office tomorrow with an IV bag in tow!

Thanks for all the advice guys, keep it coming!

88 PS190
10-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Zinc has always helped me w/ cold and flu, the cold-eeze cough drops have it in them, seems to boost my immune system.

Best advice I can think of is that when its coming out both ends, to always keep a bucket around.

Nothing worse then having to boot in the toilet immediately after doing the other business...

Hoosier Bob
10-30-2006, 08:25 PM
I was told a long time ago the more fuids you drink and how often you drink them will preent the Flu. Haven't been sober or had the Flu since! As far as what to do once you get it I have know idea but I would guess double the dose!

10-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Ya know speaking that, I was playing in a music show once, and a woman was there that was a nurse, and she had a bad stomach/gastro flu bug, and she missed final practice the night before. She stayed home all night, got rest, and then the day of the show, she went and gave herself an IV, and she felt MUCH better, good enough to come and sing in the show.

Hoosier Bob
10-30-2006, 08:38 PM
She gave herself "4" what?:o Ya know speaking that, I was playing in a music show once, and a woman was there that was a nurse, and she had a bad stomach/gastro flu bug, and she missed final practice the night before. She stayed home all night, got rest, and then the day of the show, she went and gave herself an IV, and she felt MUCH better, good enough to come and sing in the show.

TMCNo1
10-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Ya know speaking that, I was playing in a music show once, and a woman was there that was a nurse, and she had a bad stomach/gastro flu bug, and she missed final practice the night before. She stayed home all night, got rest, and then the day of the show, she went and gave herself an IV, and she felt MUCH better, good enough to come and sing in the show.

For some reason, that is funny as ..........................!:D :uglyhamme 8p

10-30-2006, 09:34 PM
She gave herself "4" what?:o
YOU dumb arse HB!! not "4" it was an IV, as in intravenus, ya know like hospitals give you. fluid to help from dehydrating. Ya know Hoosier, Sometimes, you are a genious, and sometimes your.....not.:rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
10-30-2006, 09:43 PM
What the heck does that have to do with the number "4" ???
Now who is the DUMBARSE?

Leroy
10-30-2006, 10:08 PM
You can't coddle the college kid when he probably just hammered it too much!

He'll have his GF bring over something.......that is a line I remember! :D

This thread is sounding like Beaver's mom on here until Hoosier BOb spoke sense!

Good one Sodarski!

Leroy
10-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Bob; It's code, people in the south drink 40's. I'm not sure what they are talking about 4 though??

Now who is the DUMBARSE?

Sodar
10-30-2006, 11:04 PM
You can't coddle the college kid when he probably just hammered it too much!

He'll have his GF bring over something.......that is a line I remember! :D

This thread is sounding like Beaver's mom on here until Hoosier BOb spoke sense!

Good one Sodarski!

Did I miss something here? I was legitimately asking for ideas, no ulterior motives! I have been in bed for 26 hours, minus the bathroom trips and a few warm showers! But I do believe that Hoosier has a point with drinking, whether the drink should be alcoholic or not is the question...

east tx skier
10-31-2006, 10:26 AM
The pedialyte pops (like Pop ice) are great and will keep you from getting too much at once when your stomach may not be ready for it.

10-31-2006, 10:44 AM
Now who is the DUMBARSE?
YOU were the one that typed "4" 8p not me!8p you tell me what it means! I will refrain from name calling at this time, I dont want to have to write 100 times on the chalk board....:cool: