PDA

View Full Version : IE 7??? Do you like it

6ballsisall
10-30-2006, 10:42 AM
I think there was a prior thread about the release of IE 7 but I am curious who is using it and what you think?

Personally I like the tab feature which allows you to have multiple IE pages open at once and flip back and forth easier. However, I can't stand how much slower this version of IE when navigating the web. In a high speed web world why the heck would Microsoft want a slower internet surfing session? :rolleyes:

As of now, my vote is one thumb up, one thumb down. :rolleyes:

sizzler
10-30-2006, 10:49 AM
jeff......when you get ya new job....will you have to work or will you be on the forum all day?????:D

6ballsisall
10-30-2006, 10:52 AM
jeff......when you get ya new job....will you have to work or will you be on the forum all day?????:D

You will DRASTICALLY see me less on the board. I think some will like that. :rolleyes:
When you see me on in the evenings you can bet I am in a hotel somewhere.......

sizzler
10-30-2006, 10:55 AM

sizzler
10-30-2006, 10:55 AM
hotel livings gonna be tough with the family at home......:mad:

dmayer84
10-30-2006, 10:56 AM
IE7 will not allow you to do a google image search, it thinks that it a site phishing for your credentials.

6ballsisall
10-30-2006, 10:56 AM
hotel livings gonna be tuff with the family at home......:mad:

It will be about equal travel to what I do now. Nothing to serious. Probably ALOT up front but by March it should settle down. I turned down a different option that was 80-90% travel, not going to do that to my family.

6ballsisall
10-30-2006, 10:57 AM
IE7 will not allow you to do a google image search, it thinks that it a site phishing for your credentials.

Maybe some coincidence into the fact that Mr. Gates doesn't think to highly of Google???? hmmmmmm.............:rolleyes:

dmayer84
10-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Maybe some coincidence into the fact that Mr. Gates doesn't think to highly of Google???? hmmmmmm.............:rolleyes:

Doesnt happen with MSN image search. I prefer Firefox though a lot of different extensions for it, and its not microsoft.

OhioProstar
10-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Firefox offers all the options of the IE7...with a much smaller install and "big brother" isn't looking over your shoulder.

mitch
10-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Just updated my home system last nite. Kids will let me know quickly how it works

LakePirate
10-30-2006, 12:30 PM
So far it has crashed on me twice. Sent my error report, but nothing in return from Microsoft. if you go to the settings button on the top right of the box you can disable the phishing scanner. The jury is still out on it for me. I don't like all of the buttons being in a different place.

I do google image searches all the time, and the latest release of google toolbar is compatible.

bcampbe7
10-30-2006, 12:36 PM
I haven't used IE in a while.

I recently upgraded to Mozilla 2.0 and love it.

dmayer84
10-30-2006, 12:53 PM
So far it has crashed on me twice. Sent my error report, but nothing in return from Microsoft. if you go to the settings button on the top right of the box you can disable the phishing scanner. The jury is still out on it for me. I don't like all of the buttons being in a different place.

I do google image searches all the time, and the latest release of google toolbar is compatible.

Do you have the anti-phishing turned on? When it is turned on is when the problem occured.

LakePirate
10-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Do you have the anti-phishing turned on? When it is turned on is when the problem occured.

Turned it off as I was experiencing the slow loading times and that is when it dumped me. If you look on the bottom toolbar you can see the phishing scanner running if it is activated. If not there is a caution sign with an exclamation point. If you click this you can scan the site.

6ballsisall
10-30-2006, 01:13 PM
What exactly is "phishing" anyway? Can someone explain this to me in non technical terms??

bcampbe7
10-30-2006, 01:15 PM
What exactly is "phishing" anyway? Can someone explain this to me in non technical terms??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing

dmayer84
10-30-2006, 01:17 PM

Phishing is just like fishing, but for someone's user name and password online. For example if someone created a site that looks just like Bank of Americas and asks them to login with their user name and password but the actual address of the site is something like http://abc123.com/stealBankOfAmerica.html Once they get that they have access to your account just like you, then a wire transfer is rather easy.

mitch
10-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Kids had no problem w/ Google images, and I selected defaults when I installed.

jpattigr
11-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Go Firefox!! It is very good and has everything that MS is just catching up on like Tab browsing.

Blair
11-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Go Firefox!! It is very good and has everything that MS is just catching up on like Tab browsing.

Way Fewer popups as well and better security than IE