PDA

View Full Version : Group buy on impellers

John B
10-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Group buy on impellers
Does anybody know if we could set up a group buy on impellers?
We all need one ever year.In the group that I ski with there are 8 MasterCraft, so if we could get a good price on a them I would want 16 of them. If we all 2 impellers each, that would a lot of impellers. How about it does anybody if we can get a wholesale price on them?

Footin
10-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Waiting for Doug to chime in with the words "no group buys allowed"

TMCNo1
10-28-2006, 12:59 PM
IIRC, TT Admin asks that NO 'Group Buys" be conducted on MasterCraft's site for obvious reasons period. It is my understanding that it could be done somewhere else, but that is your doing and at your own risk! This may be covered under "Frequently Asked Questions" and if it is not then it should be posted there the sooner the better!

John B
10-28-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm not looking for something like a Perfect Pass which is what got group buys band from the site.(and I think it was the all mighty Doug started that group)
I'm looking for something that we all use and is sold by MasterCraft and was thinking maybe a MasterCraft dealer could set it up.

TMCNo1
10-28-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm not looking for something like a Perfect Pass which is what got group buys band from the site.(and I think it was the all mighty Doug started that group)
I'm looking for something that we all use and is sold by MasterCraft and was thinking maybe a MasterCraft dealer could set it up.

It might be in your best interest to pm or e-mail TT Admin and ask them their opinion before going any farther, just to be on the safe side.

mitch
10-28-2006, 04:29 PM
I'd just pony up the $$ and buy one or 2. Sounds like a PITA for an impeller MHO :)

LakePirate
10-28-2006, 05:25 PM
As has been said before....that is that the list is for.

tmclist@yahoo.com

east tx skier
10-28-2006, 06:15 PM
John, the last word we heard on group buys is that they aren't allowed on here. As for the PP group buy, I think that was Andre. The only one I ever started was the acme prop puller and we couldn't make it work.

If you want to do one, send an email to "the list" (I'll see if I can dig up the email addy for you. Whoever is running that now should be able to send out a volume email to help you get organized.

I wish it was different, but that's just how they want it here.

east tx skier
10-28-2006, 06:15 PM
As has been said before....that is that the list is for.

tmclist@yahoo.com

Thanks Lakey!

Jeff Lyman
10-28-2006, 09:38 PM
Whats up with all these impellers needed. I would excpect to get 2 or 3 years out of one. Do they go bad quickly? How do you know if it's worn out? In outboards they would last 5 or so years.

I'm still learning, thanks for the info.

PendO
10-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Whats up with all these impellers needed. I would excpect to get 2 or 3 years out of one. Do they go bad quickly? How do you know if it's worn out? In outboards they would last 5 or so years.

Ballast impellers go bad if you empty your ballast and don't turn off the pump when they are done (shreds them up w/o water to cool them off)

bigmac
10-28-2006, 10:43 PM

I think most of those here put in a new impeller every year. My dealer agrees with you, though, that they ought to last 2 or three years - especially in a boat that's "pickled" with -100 propylene glycol that contains lube and anti-corrosion stuff which is how they winterize.

Leroy
10-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Is this something new? I see the -50 stuff? Besides you cannot do it on here, why do a impeller GB? Even if you saved 50%, it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

I think most of those here put in a new impeller every year. My dealer agrees with you, though, that they ought to last 2 or three years - especially in a boat that's "pickled" with -100 propylene glycol that contains lube and anti-corrosion stuff which is how they winterize.

PendO
10-29-2006, 02:36 AM
I'm all for group buys on paperclips ... UMP, you got that one under control:+)

bigmac
10-29-2006, 06:03 AM
Is this something new? I see the -50 stuff?

RV antifreeze is non-toxic propylene glycol and is good to -50. The -100 propylene glycol has anti-corrosion chemicals in it and pump lubes, is still non-toxic. West Marine has it... (http://www.westmarinebooks.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=30003&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=264990&catalogId=10001&classNum=555&subdeptNum=&storeNum=).

http://www.westmarinebooks.com/images/full/208341.jpg