PDA

View Full Version : 2007 ProStar 214 X-14

andy@midwestmastercraft
10-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Many of you know that we will see a new MasterCraft direct drive soon. Here is a link to as much information as we dealers have now. Your local dealer will hopefully have pricing in the next month or so. The first boats will start to leave Vonore in January. I know that we are supposed to have one for the Minneapolis Boat show in January. What do you think?

http://www.waterskis.com/News-Events-s/83.htm

erkoehler
10-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Andy....do you know Mark at Chicago MasterCraft? How's that CSX? Ready for the Bahamas?

Farmer Ted
10-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Many of you know that we will see a new MasterCraft direct drive soon. Here is a link to as much information as we dealers have now. Your local dealer will hopefully have pricing in the next month or so. The first boats will start to leave Vonore in January. I know that we are supposed to have one for the Minneapolis Boat show in January. What do you think?

Kudos to you for keeping the "Team" in the know! It was nice to see the pictures here from you versus some other site.

I wish we had a dealer like you in Bossier City, our dealer seems more interested in selling pop-up campers....

JohnE
10-28-2006, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the link. The 214 sounds like a perfect boat.

ridehype4life
10-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Too bad the whole wrap around seating is useless when skiing...

Farmer Ted
10-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Too bad the whole wrap around seating is useless when skiing...

at least the pax will be able to lay down on a cushy seat instead of the floor????

Bill
10-29-2006, 08:10 AM
Just out of curiosity where do you store skis, boards...? No rear storage and no space behind the driver.

ski_king
10-29-2006, 08:21 AM
My guess ski storage is under the rear seat.
I realize this is a concept drawing, but it looks too crowded in my opinion.

I am looking forward to seeing the real thing.:popcorn:

andy@midwestmastercraft
10-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Erkoholer - I have been introduced to Mark in the past but I do not know him.

The CSX was really good. We have a lot of interest MN for it. The wakeboard and surfing wakes are awesome. I would say the CSX is in a fight with the X-1 for the best board wakes wakes after the X-Star. It is that good.

VTJC
10-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Perhaps MC should have two interiors for the 214 hull, one traditional for the PS 214 and wrapped for the X14?

jlf
10-30-2006, 08:34 AM
I can see myself in the market for one of those, since I ski, board and I want to learn to foot, almost sounds to be more versitile than our X10, better slalom wake.

BIGBADBLUE
10-30-2006, 08:47 AM
I think it looks really crowded. I hope you can get it with out the wrap around seating. The 205 may be around a while if this is the case. Where the heck am I supposed to put the kneeboards for those mid afternoon run for the kids?

This is a bit dissappointing as I was really looking forward to seeing the boat.

sburt911z
10-30-2006, 06:18 PM
If based on PS197 hull...what will length be?

BIGBADBLUE
10-30-2006, 06:24 PM
The article says 21'4"

Archimedes
10-30-2006, 07:17 PM
That wrap around seating is useless. Unless your goal is to make the boat feel small.

That wake sure is nice though.

The CSX is a more interesting boat IMHO.

BrianM
10-30-2006, 09:17 PM
What about the 2007 TT boat. Looks very Stars and Stripes to me in a little more modern hip kind of way. I like it.

BIGBADBLUE
10-30-2006, 10:15 PM
I been brewing all day about this design. I gotta get a life. I had my heart set on a new 214 this spring but if you can only get it with that wrap around seating I think that is a "no deal" to me. Maybe it will be better in person ...

JohnE
10-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Isn't that more of a concept drawing? While I don't have anything to back it up, I'd say the finished product may have different offerings.

erkoehler
10-30-2006, 10:35 PM
There have been a few other suggestions to MC about changes....time to wait and see :) :)

Mag_Red
10-30-2006, 11:21 PM
I been brewing all day about this design. I gotta get a life. I had my heart set on a new 214 this spring but if you can only get it with that wrap around seating I think that is a "no deal" to me. Maybe it will be better in person ...
Take me off the list Eric.............:D I'd be more likely to get an X2 before that thing. I like the back ski locker and the fact I can easily walk around the boat. That thing looks damned crowded. BTW...what did you find out with the serial # I sent you this morning???

sizzler
10-31-2006, 05:38 AM
looks great ......but how much will they sting us over here for one of those....:mad:

footing
10-31-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm going to agree with several of you on the interior design. Too much seating to get around in the boat. Stick with the original inboard seating. Make the bench seat in back like the 209 with the exception of the grab bars that stick in your back as you rest for another set. Do a seating just like the PS206 1996-1997 Series and you have a winner.
Have the water weights built into the flooring system so storage above decks can remain.

Now I will just have to find a great used PS209 out there instead of waiting for the 214 :-(

footing
10-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Typo...PS205, got too emotional over a new design

captain planet
10-31-2006, 01:07 PM
I am going to find out what is going on with the seating in this boat. I agree, WHERE IS THE SKI LOCKER???? As soon as I get a hold of my friend over there in Vonore, it will put my mind at ease. I liked the idea of the wrap around seating, until I started reading the comments on here. I got too excited for the new boat that I forgot to be critical about the functionality of it.

I would have to think that there is a ski-locker under the seating, but what happens when you have to work on the engine, the seating is in the way. Does it come out? I better write all these questions down before I make THE CALL.

Ryan
10-31-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm shopping a different price category, but I'll chime in anyway.

I like the thing. I used to want a jump seat in my boat behind the driver's seat. It would never work though, because there have always been a pile of nice slalom skis sitting there. So, as long as that lone rear facing passenger doesn't get clothes-lined (and there is a pylon) it would be great! Especially if the optional 209-type extended observers comes into play. Say one or two little ones in the bow, three adult passengers and a driver. I'd be stoked.

This boat should do quite well now that the Sunsetter Lxi is dead. It will only have the 216 to go up against. I am aware of other DD 21' 96" beam boats out there that are technically in the same buying bucket, but a Tige 21i doesn't have a wake like the 214 is shown @ 34mph.

SteveO
10-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Remember that the DRAWING is a prototype. I am sure that if many of us had the points about the ski locker (which may be under the back seat) that others "inside" have made similar comments. If the wrap around seat could be stowed easily for normal use it might be awesome. Many times with a full boat while boarding, my crew will be on the back seat with a variety of items behind their back in that space between the drivers seat and back seat as well as the observer side. I applaud them for forward thinking and will hold my final judgment until I see it live.

east tx skier
10-31-2006, 02:10 PM
The words, "please don't step on my seats" come to mind. :o

sanjuan23
10-31-2006, 02:17 PM
The words, "please don't step on my seats" come to mind. :o

That is exactly what I was thinking. Understand they are prototype drawings but it sure makes it look crowded. Ironically I was wanting more space, not less.

BIGBADBLUE
10-31-2006, 02:23 PM
I am going to find out what is going on with the seating in this boat. I agree, WHERE IS THE SKI LOCKER???? As soon as I get a hold of my friend over there in Vonore, it will put my mind at ease. I liked the idea of the wrap around seating, until I started reading the comments on here. I got too excited for the new boat that I forgot to be critical about the functionality of it.

I would have to think that there is a ski-locker under the seating, but what happens when you have to work on the engine, the seating is in the way. Does it come out? I better write all these questions down before I make THE CALL.

I hate to say it CP but this is twice we have agree today. Scarey. Good point about "Do not step on my seats" I have a tough enough time with that in my 205 ... now add wrap around seating and I will have stress issues.

I am keeping an open mind but if they are trying to make a better "ski" boat than the 209 I really question the ski storage. I want that rear storage for my ski. hmmmm ... wonder if I get a tower does that have a kneeboard attachement? :)

RobertT
10-31-2006, 02:49 PM
I use the space behind the drivers seat every time I go out. EVERY TIME. And I live on a lake, so I can leave just about everything on the dock. I also have a tower to store boards. Still....I use that space EVERY TIME. If the entire thing lifts up easy, great. I can live with that I guess.

I do love the fact that they have gotten rid of the rear ski locker though. I use mine, but would gladly forgo that space to have more interior room and to push the seat way back. Why? I hate having to worry about the ski locker vinyl. With skis, fins, etc....its constantly taking a beating. Plus, you HAVE to step on it to get to the rear of the boat. Anyway, I love the fact that MC has stepped out of the box on this but we do need a place to store things.

My perfect world would be a 197 without the rear storage, with the rear seat being "permanent" with storage below it. Have it open in the middle just like the rear ski locker is today. Make the rear of the hull flat on top, and give it a skid proof texture so that you can sit on it while putting on your skis, and step on it without issue. All of these fancy lines in the place where you need to plant your butt make no sense to me. Just a 8" - 12" flat spot....nothing else.

That configuration would give you a lot more space for skis behind the drivers seat. If you wanted to really get fancy, you could put a carpeted 10" deep lockable ski locker on that side, but that's just me. I think people use that side as a step anyway most of the time, a 10" step would be perfect for my use. I even thought about building one, but it would be a little too short to store my skis. Hmmm, now I am thinking again.

Back on track....

I think it looks too busy too. We always load from the drivers side, that's what side you always dock to with our prop rotation what it is.

Other than that....looks good. I wonder if they are going to get it certified????

ski_king
10-31-2006, 03:08 PM
My perfect world would be a 197 without the rear storage, with the rear seat being "permanent" with storage below it. Have it open in the middle just like the rear ski locker is today. Make the rear of the hull flat on top, and give it a skid proof texture so that you can sit on it while putting on your skis, and step on it without issue. All of these fancy lines in the place where you need to plant your butt make no sense to me. Just a 8" - 12" flat spot....nothing else.
You just described a 78 Stars and Stripes minus the open bow and 18 in. in length and 12 in. in width.

RobertT
10-31-2006, 03:19 PM
You just described a 78 Stars and Stripes minus the open bow and 18 in. in length and 12 in. in width.

Kind of funny isn't it. Many of the people on my lake that have newer ski boats take the rear seat out immediately and put it in the basement...having both a seat to jump over AND the rear storage area is just too much for them to bear. They would rather just sit on the floor.

I know it looks good to have that sloped rear transom, I guess. Most of the competition uses it, and the Xstar and other MC boats do too.

I just don't get it. You sit on the rear of the boat, and put on your board/skis that rest on the ski platform. Why not have the seating area extend as far back as possible so that you have the most room and have less of a chance to bugger up the boat. My X7 is like that, and I love it. Even the little kids can put a wakeboard on and not beat up my boat.

Oh well...somebody a lot smarter than me has decided that there is a reason to take seating space away and make putting on skis/wakeboards more difficult while at the same time assuring scratching of your boat. It must be somebody REALLY smart, because everyone is doing it now.

footing
10-31-2006, 04:58 PM
If you want wrap around seating, try the V-Drive, all sorts of space.

If Mr. Dorton is reading these, please stick with the basics, sometimes when you engineer to the next level, you begin overlook the design that was pretty much right on.

Behind my drivers seat is for wet life jackets, wet suits and a tall round cooler for refreshments. All out of the way and not getting my dry spaces under the observers seat wet till the end of the day.

When your doing sets or even wakeboarding, most of the time four adults, not two family worth of parents and kids.

For anyone standing on my platform to put on a wake board, I'd freak out for the concerns of loosing ones balance and turn the board into the hull to take a chunk of Gel Coat out.

If the proto type picture us showing the transom with a point on the end like the 215, takes away from the smooth lines as the current PS are.

Perhaps Andy and the rest of the dealer owners could pursade just some things we've tried to present here.

Til 2007 Boat Show, it's time for the waiting game.

ski_king
10-31-2006, 06:11 PM
And the gas tank is located where?

Not much room for the 35+ gallon tank a boat of this size should have.

BIGBADBLUE
11-01-2006, 04:57 PM
I just made my list of winter boat projects as it looks like no 214 for me. Still optimistic that they will have a normal layout option, however, I must be prepared:

List for this year:

- rebuild back seat
- New stereo and speakers
- Upgrade alternator, wiring and add 2nd battery

mess33
11-02-2006, 10:06 PM

I am crushed. I almost bought a 209 last summer but decided to wait until the 214 is introduced. As a typical user with 3 kids aand their friends, storage for ski's etc is a premium along with the ability to get back there and help them. Stick with the 209 concept and you will have a winner.

Mag_Red
11-02-2006, 10:49 PM
I am crushed. I almost bought a 209 last summer but decided to wait until the 214 is introduced. As a typical user with 3 kids aand their friends, storage for ski's etc is a premium along with the ability to get back there and help them. This design is terrible. Stick with the 209 concept and you will have a winner.About the only thing I like is the improved wake. Like most have said here, the area behind the drivers seat is where we put all the wet stuff. I usually have the cooler there. Plus it make for a nice step in and out of the boat.