PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Dinner Bill

6ballsisall
10-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Poll on the largest small group (less than 10 people) you've ever had. (In US Dollars)

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-27-2006, 09:21 PM
what in the he11 kinda poll is this?:confused: you aint got a yooper pastie option! $10 is not on the list

Chief
10-27-2006, 09:21 PM
$250.00 at the Tahitian lanai in Honolulu in 1991. Just the wife and I, with only a few drinks.

6ballsisall
10-27-2006, 09:22 PM
7 of us broke $4200 this week. Ouch!!! :rolleyes: I gotta say I was the good boy on this one. They were ordering all kinds of shiznit that was spendy

Chief
10-27-2006, 09:24 PM
I sure hope you had a Level 5 Hangover!

6ballsisall
10-27-2006, 09:26 PM
I sure hope you had a Level 5 Hangover!

Not me.........1 glass of merlot for me. Now the night before in Manhattan @ Times Square.......the next morning was a bit rough. :D

east tx skier
10-27-2006, 09:30 PM
About eight of us at the Palace Cafe in New Orleans for a friend's 21st birthday. His sister, proxy for his dad, picked up the tab (thank goodness).

Monte
10-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Holy crap what in the he11 do you eat or drink that costs as much as I paid for my boat.... :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

Four people... $460.00 only two or three drinks each and dinner:rolleyes:

east tx skier
10-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Two buddies and I had a pretty good bill at Spark's Steak House in NY once, but I can't remember the damage.

Monte
10-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Two buddies and I had a pretty good bill at Spark's Steak House in NY once, but I can't remember the damage.

I've done that several times myself........ excess alcohol was to blame though.........

I still dont see the $10 catagory.....

I wont spend that much on dinner! I am cheap. I can usually eat for about $4

Maristar210
Gibson's steak house on Rush Street in Chicago. We drank, we ate, we drank, we drank, we ate, we drank......

$1200 plus tip. (I left a $300 tip)

JimN
10-27-2006, 10:07 PM
I was out with some friends a couple of years ago- we went to a steak place downtown and the appetizer plate (not platter) was $75. The wine was $45, which isn't bad for a good bottle in a nice restaurant, if my NY strip was representative of the average dinner, I think the tab came out to just under $500.

OTOH, when my cousin's daughter was married, the cake was $900 (not particularly big but the hide was pretty tough) and they had Mel Torm้'s son singing. Before dinner, they had a string quartet. I don't know how many were there but I wouldn't have wanted to fire up for that one.

6ballsisall
10-27-2006, 10:10 PM
I didn't pay but I would say a good 65 percent of the bill was booze. 500 dollar wine adds up quick! Some were drinking expensive cognac too. All I gotta say is they got bigger nads than I. I wouldn't be expensing shiznit like that,,,,,

BriEOD
10-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Dropped $350 for with the wife here: http://www.woodlandsinn.com/dining.cfm

Also, dropped some dough in here:
http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/bs_frame.htm

BriEOD
10-27-2006, 10:28 PM
BTW, if you are ever in Tampa, Bern's is a must. It is always rated one of the top 10 restaurants in the US.

10-27-2006, 10:29 PM
I have come to the conclusion ya'll are crazy.....spending that much on dinner is just rediculous..... not gonna happen with me.

I wont pay $100 for dinner, NFW!!!

BriEOD
10-27-2006, 10:32 PM
You know UMP it's kind of like owning a MC. You can own a Bayliner, but you want the best.

As the MC add says, Steak costs more than Hamburger.

BTW, where most meals get expensive is the booze, especially wine.

TMCNo1
10-27-2006, 10:46 PM
6 people at Lily Marlana's, Church Street Station, Orlando was $742, then we left a $140 tip. Our waiter from Tex had just got his PHD and was going to continue waiting tables, he said the money was too good!

ski_king
10-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Per Jeff's recomendation I sent $190.00 for 2 in Cincy 2 weeks ago.

trickskier
10-27-2006, 11:10 PM
My BAR tab is always more than than my food bill! :uglyhamme

bcampbe7
10-28-2006, 12:28 AM
I am with UMP on this one...

I spent $13 at Arbys the other night! :D

I do not like to spend money on food, especially when I can make it at home myself. I hate going out to eat though, so that may have something to do with it...

I would say the most I have ever spent on dinner would be about $100 at Ruth Chris'.

prostar205
10-28-2006, 12:36 AM
$1,600 USD in Vienna, Austria in 1999 for 8 people.

5 hours for dinner and 5 bottles of $175/bottle wine helped get us to that total.

Needless to say the president of our company was not pleased with me. Oh well, he is no longer there but I am.

whitedog
10-28-2006, 12:59 AM
5 of us at a traditional Japanese place. The apitizers alone were close to $750.00, if it wasn't for the boss (native Japanese) I wouldnt have had a clue what I was eating. Total bill just under $2500.00

BriEOD
10-28-2006, 08:15 AM
I am with UMP on this one...

I spent $13 at Arbys the other night! :D

I do not like to spend money on food, especially when I can make it at home myself. I hate going out to eat though, so that may have something to do with it...

I would say the most I have ever spent on dinner would be about $100 at Ruth Chris'.
You are a tight @$$.

Ruth's Chris is one of my favorites. However, the service at the one here in Tampa sucks.

LakePirate
10-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Me and the wife dropped about $400 at Shelly's in Manhattan the night we got enganged. Dam it was good.

Hey UMP - I am going to let the wife loose on you for a weekend. She will break your food spending habits with the quickness. Oh I saw the place on the food network.....

Leroy
10-28-2006, 09:26 AM
I've had one $4k+ bill for ~10. Really too expensive wine, but what can you do when you are in that situation. Normally ~$1500 for 8-10. All company expense and if you get to have dinner with "those" people the company doesn't care.

On my own ~$200 for my wife and I.

shepherd
10-28-2006, 09:40 AM
The wife and I will spend about $100 - $150 for dinner at a nice restaurant about once a month. Most ever for the two of us was around $180. I remember that one because it wasn't worth it - the food and the service both sucked.

RexDog1
10-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Las Vegas!!!! Enough said……………………….OMG we had a good time :friday:

milkmania
10-28-2006, 10:21 AM
7 of us broke $4200 this week. Ouch!!! :rolleyes: I gotta say I was the good boy on this one. They were ordering all kinds of shiznit that was spendy

well, all I can say is for that kind of money......

you had better had gotten to use real metal silverware!:rolleyes:

sanjuan23
10-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Pappa's Brothers Steakhouse just shy of three bills for the wife and I. That dam fine wine can get really expensive! But that meal was worth every penny. Good company, great food, even better Vino!

Footin
10-28-2006, 11:31 AM
Mortons in Cinci a few years ago with about 10 people, bill was around 2,500. Drank ALOT of good wine.

pilot02
10-28-2006, 12:18 PM
18 people, 10k.
Private party w/ 2 limos, "Doc" reserved Fago de Chao in ATL for us. I was a "date" so didn't pay a dime.

east tx skier
10-28-2006, 05:17 PM
18 people, 10k.
Private party w/ 2 limos, "Doc" reserved Fago de Chao in ATL for us. I was a "date" so didn't pay a dime.

I've been to the one in Houston (before it went belly up). I remember forking over a pretty penny just for lunch.

michael freeman
10-29-2006, 08:55 AM
$300 with the girl friend of the time and myself. Neither of us drank anything but bottled water (i.e., no alcohol), but it was a 7 course dinner that was prepared in advance just for us (faxed in our choices the day before to allow them to purchase the needed ingredients.)

Perfect example of a fool and his money being parted. Same line goes well with the girl in the story, but to my defense, she was a major hottie so I claim insanity via hormonal response. ;)

sizzler
10-29-2006, 05:08 PM
youre all lucky gene is not around.......there'd be hell to pay

suedv
10-29-2006, 07:35 PM

You should have gone out for burgers and had everyone give you what they were spending on food and drink... it would have gone a long way as a downpayment on that new boat you are going to buy for next summer. :D

I think there's a MasterCraft dealer in Chicago willing to sell you one ;)

6ballsisall
10-29-2006, 08:18 PM
You should have gone out for burgers and had everyone give you what they were spending on food and drink... it would have gone a long way as a downpayment on that new boat you are going to buy for next summer. :D

I think there's a MasterCraft dealer in Chicago willing to sell you one ;)

Man I sure wish it would work that way.........:rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
10-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Several years ago.... 4 of us went to the signature room in the hancock building. $500+ +tip, +parking.....and I doubt there was any alcohol on the bill...:o

M-Funf
10-30-2006, 07:31 PM
I had a solo dinner at Manny's in Minneapolis this summer that was 'round $250 :o They make a great martini;)

A year ago, the wife and I went to The 5th Floor in San Francisco. The total tab was about $500.

Last winter, the office had the Christmas party at The French Laundry. There were ten of us, and the price was $210 each just for food (prix fixe menu), and then about 15 bottles of wine ranging from $80-$175 (~$2,500), so the total without tip was nearly $4k...
The boss didn't really realize what was going on until after the check arrived :D

Footin
10-30-2006, 07:38 PM
I took my wife to McDonalds for dinner. 2 happy meals = 5.98!

We went all out to, I DID NOT go to the drive through, it was a romantic sit down meal.

MYMC
10-31-2006, 09:40 AM
6 of us at Ruth's $2000+ (including but not limited to three bottles of Opus One and one unfortunate 12lbs lobster that became an appetizer for the table.) I am forever grateful to friends that own several car dealerships that insist on picking up tabs...:D

east tx skier
10-31-2006, 10:12 AM
In reading and responding to this thread, and scanning the memory banks in the process, I have determined one thing with regard to my own experience. The most expensive meals I've had, were by no means the best.

Roonie's
10-31-2006, 10:27 AM
We regularly entertain customers in groups and our average dinner bill is around $2000 for about 7 people. Our highest was over 5000+ and this was due to the wine bought. Cheapest bottle was $150.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-31-2006, 11:31 AM
The most expensive meals I've had, were by no means the best.
I will back you up on that.........:(

DooSPX
10-31-2006, 11:37 AM
crap, I think I paid 120 one for me and a date. and I was crying on the inside...
I normally eat for 4 bucks like UMP

Workin' 4 Toys
10-31-2006, 11:41 AM
crap, I think I paid 120 one for me and a date. and I was crying on the inside...
I normally eat for 4 bucks like UMP
I think UMP and his hunting skills, said he
EATS 4 BUCKS...8p

MYMC
10-31-2006, 11:46 AM
While I agree that cost has never determined the best meal, I sure have had a good time... There is something to be said for expensive bottles of wine that you would never buy let alone cork at home.

east tx skier
10-31-2006, 11:52 AM
Agree. The ones that come to mind as the best, were still pretty pricey if I recall.

6ballsisall
10-31-2006, 12:32 PM

I won't disagree with that one...... it is fun to be a little unconservative at times and enjoy fine dining/wines/spirits etc...... Stuff that you wouldn't do on a regular basis.

east tx skier
10-31-2006, 12:40 PM
I won't disagree with that one...... it is fun to be a little unconservative at times and enjoy fine dining/wines/spirits etc...... Stuff that you wouldn't do on a regular basis.

Absolutely. No doubt about. Especially if I can be inappropriately noisey.

M-Funf
10-31-2006, 12:42 PM

I will back you up on that.........:(

I can say the same for some of the most expensive wine I've drunk 8p

Even the...*cough* *cough*...Opus One:rolleyes:

MYMC
10-31-2006, 01:06 PM
inappropriately noisey.
Love that phrase, gotta remember that one...

east tx skier
10-31-2006, 02:14 PM
Think Robert DeNiro in the movie theater with the cigar in the remake of Cape Fear.

Ric
12-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Woops, started a thread when I shoulda posted my bartab here
this was after eating at michaels. Can't do that very often :o

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13327

I better sell alotta fin screws!

BrianM
12-15-2006, 11:54 AM
I have been to a few expensive ones. My best friend picked up a $700+ bar tab that about 10 of us racked up after a fairly expensive dinner (about $100 a head) at Del Friscos in Las Vegas. That bar tab included a few very nice cigars and glasses of scotch though.

Ric
08-30-2007, 10:03 AM
enjoyed a monte cristo white label yesterday evening. One fine cigar!

I was out of single malt though, so it was awkward

Hi Gene :wavey:

RK@UST
08-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Chicago Chop House
$2600 6 people
Cocktails and wine represented 60 %:D :cool:

wade95
08-30-2007, 10:49 AM
I have come to the conclusion ya'll are crazy.....spending that much on dinner is just rediculous..... not gonna happen with me.

I wont pay $100 for dinner, NFW!!!

x100 on that!!! And who in the heck drinks $300 dollar wine? I could see whiskey or scotch, but wine??? Give me a bud light and a good steak and I'm happy.8p

Maristar210
08-30-2007, 11:37 AM
I agree. Ego smoothing perhaps.

I'll take a bucket full of Miller Lite's and some peel and eat shrimp.....

or

A pitcher of beer and a nice hot PIZZA ooooooooooo

08-30-2007, 12:45 PM
I agree Steve. ego.

OK peeps, listen up.

Bottom line is, if you really put some effort into it, you can cook better food than most restuarants dish out. and the value to dollar ratio aint even close then. I dont care who you are, but paying that much for dinner is just rediculous.

Practice mixing cocktails with quality booze. Learn to cook. WAY cheaper.

I have some great dinner parties with some dayum good food and drink.

All you have to do is buy a bartender's guide, and learn. experiment with drinks. People are just too damn lazy to do anything these days. Marguarita mix? Bloody Mary Mix? pina coloda Mix? Puulleeez:rolleyes: By the ingredients, which are usually cheaper! and MUCH better and make some quality drinks! right at home! YES, you can do it!

Food. Easy. same idea. buy some good ingredients, and practice. Do some reseach. there is a TON of great reciepes on Food network's website. and you dont have to make some dang squid ink soup-filet of monkey brain - and goat sperm ice cream for it to be "exotic" or "high class" :rolleyes: you can make some really good food with basic ingredients and some various spices and cooking methods. Learn.

ONce again, I have ranted. :o

east tx skier
08-30-2007, 12:49 PM
I love to cook and mix drinks, UMP. And that's how I do it 99% of the time. But every once in a while, there's just something to going out to eat at the nice restaurant.

If you're ever in Houston, go to Brennan's (cousin of the one in N.O.). As good of a cook as I think I am, I'm not getting close to their preparation.

08-30-2007, 01:12 PM
I love to cook and mix drinks, UMP. And that's how I do it 99% of the time. But every once in a while, there's just something to going out to eat at the nice restaurant.

If you're ever in Houston, go to Brennan's (cousin of the one in N.O.). As good of a cook as I think I am, I'm not getting close to their preparation.
I hear ya East. my problem is, I set the bar so high with my food and drink expectations from my own cooking, that when I go out, I want damn good food. and I get so PO'd when I pay good money and the dinner doesnt meet my standards. that happens quite often too. I mean if I am paying $100 for 2 people to drink and eat, it had better be F'ing oustanding! most times it is not.

Naste Craft
08-30-2007, 01:22 PM
This past weekend in Vegas our bill at Tryst was $1500 that got us a table and two bottles of Ketel One.

O ya.....

Labron James, D. Wade, Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, and George Maloof all had tables around us.

Our bill was less than George Maloof's tip.:eek:

Recruiting trip to Texas (UT) for baseball, went to Ruth's Chris and rack up a $3500 bill. 10 people.

east tx skier
08-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I hear ya East. my problem is, I set the bar so high with my food and drink expectations from my own cooking, that when I go out, I want damn good food. and I get so PO'd when I pay good money and the dinner doesnt meet my standards. that happens quite often too. I mean if I am paying $100 for 2 people to drink and eat, it had better be F'ing oustanding! most times it is not.

Guaranteed outstanding!

RK@UST
08-30-2007, 02:06 PM
I agree, I like my cooking better than most restaurants I eat at.
However at business funtions out of town, it's a little impractical.
Great times!!!!!

Ric
08-30-2007, 04:06 PM
I agree. Ego smoothing perhaps.

I'll take a bucket full of Miller Lite's and some peel and eat shrimp.....

or

A pitcher of beer and a nice hot PIZZA ooooooooooo This reminds me of my favorite Tex shrimp boil recipe!

Ric
08-30-2007, 04:08 PM
This past weekend in Vegas our bill at Tryst was $1500 that got us a table and two bottles of Ketel One.

O ya.....

Labron James, D. Wade, Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, and George Maloof all had tables around us.

Our bill was less than George Maloof's tip.:eek:
I feel your pain Naste... Did the same thing at the tryst... -------but those waitresses are playboy material!

Ric
08-30-2007, 04:13 PM
you have used up your dumb quota for the day......

ump I don't see how with your NEVER paying big bucks for a quality meal, you are ever going to find a place that meets your expectations.

Let me suggest Michael's in Vegas. Ump you are going to pay more than you ever imagined for food in this place and it's ummmm --what's that word that is kinda like organic but means climactic-- ?

I agree Steve. ego.

OK peeps, listen up.

Bottom line is, if you really put some effort into it, you can cook better food than most restuarants dish out. and the value to dollar ratio aint even close then. I dont care who you are, but paying that much for dinner is just rediculous.

Practice mixing cocktails with quality booze. Learn to cook. WAY cheaper.

I have some great dinner parties with some dayum good food and drink.

All you have to do is buy a bartender's guide, and learn. experiment with drinks. People are just too damn lazy to do anything these days. Marguarita mix? Bloody Mary Mix? pina coloda Mix? Puulleeez:rolleyes: By the ingredients, which are usually cheaper! and MUCH better and make some quality drinks! right at home! YES, you can do it!

Food. Easy. same idea. buy some good ingredients, and practice. Do some reseach. there is a TON of great reciepes on Food network's website. and you dont have to make some dang squid ink soup-filet of monkey brain - and goat sperm ice cream for it to be "exotic" or "high class" :rolleyes: you can make some really good food with basic ingredients and some various spices and cooking methods. Learn.

ONce again, I have ranted. :o

Naste Craft
08-30-2007, 04:20 PM
I feel your pain Naste... Did the same thing at the tryst... -------but those waitresses are playboy material!

OMG yes they are!!!!!!!!:D

our waitress bought me 2 shots of Patron......she wanted me:rolleyes:

Ric
08-30-2007, 04:24 PM
OMG yes they are!!!!!!!!:D

our waitress bought me 2 shots of Patron......she wanted me:rolleyes: Damn, I thought I was the only one she did that for:mad: we were over by the waterfall

H20BOY
08-30-2007, 04:54 PM
8 people - $4200

TX.X-30 fan
08-30-2007, 06:20 PM

This is the guy eating Pasties!!!!!! :noface:

I CALL BS

CHEAP

08-30-2007, 06:23 PM
This is the guy eating Pasties!!!!!! :noface:

I CALL BS

CHEAP

Oh make no mistake about it X30, I am as CHEAP as CHEAP gets!:o Seriously!!

but I mean it about hte food quality.:)

Ric
08-30-2007, 06:26 PM
how are you gonna know about the quality if you are admitedly cheap?

08-30-2007, 06:29 PM
how are you gonna know about the quality if you are admitedly cheap?
MY food Ric, MY food.

Ric
08-30-2007, 06:29 PM
lamo /

08-30-2007, 06:30 PM
lamo /
shut up....

Ric
08-30-2007, 06:35 PM
shut up.... cheapo .

08-30-2007, 06:37 PM
cheapo .
garage looker.

TX.X-30 fan
08-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Hey Hey Kids, lets play nice.

UMP IS A TIGHTWAD. :D :D

08-30-2007, 06:48 PM
UMP IS A TIGHTWAD. :D :D
You bet your boots bay-bay!!!!:D

tex
08-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Huh Huh, he said Ump and wad in the same sentence!

08-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Huh Huh, he said Ump and wad in the same sentence!
HA! I betcha you expected Staristar to be linked with that word instead of UMP hey??:D

TX.X-30 fan
08-30-2007, 07:09 PM
You bet your boots bay-bay!!!!:D

We cook at the casa all the time, Just about everything. Steaks, seafood, grilling, smoking, compound reduction sauces.

There is truth in what you say UMP. I have trouble paying 38.50 for a 10 oz. filet that I can buy in a USDA prime-cut that's just better!

We have young boys so it is extra expensive to go out to fancy places to dine.

That said I have eaten in some out-of-this-world places I could not reproduce at home. And its those meals that you never really complain about price.

Nice when someone else cleans up too. :D

Maristar210
08-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey don't drag me into your damn pillow fight ladies.....

I'm too busy looking for a fuel pump :mad:

Ric
08-30-2007, 07:12 PM

I'm too busy looking for a fuel pump :mad: don't send erk a PM about one :rolleyes:

08-30-2007, 07:28 PM

Uh-Oh! he's here!:o I told yous guys to clean those posts up before he got back!

TX.X-30 fan
08-30-2007, 07:30 PM

Is it fried dude. Did you take it back out on the lake?

Boats :rolleyes: pick-up my prop tomorrow, Only the second one I've bent. I was the lucky guy to find a rock submerged at the back of the boat slip when the lake dropped a foot over-night. :mad:

Good luck 210. :D

Maristar210
08-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Is it fried dude. Did you take it back out on the lake?

Boats pick-up my prop tomorrow, Only the second one I've bent. I was the lucky guy to find a rock submerged at the back of the boat slip when the lake dropped a foot over-night. :mad:

Good luck 210. :D

Stew,

It's toast and I am out a chunk of cash. Where is the notes to self thread when you need it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TX.X-30 fan
08-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Stew,

It's toast and I am out a chunk of cash. Where is the notes to self thread when you need it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think you win :rolleyes: my "spare prop" is est. $190. Hey we love our boats, sometimes its just tough love. ;)