PDA

View Full Version : Accessory blower

motomutt
10-27-2006, 09:10 AM
I've got a '90 Prostar 190. The accessory switch which powers the heater went bummer (old switch had power coming in, no power gowing out). New switch shows power going out, however the blower motor still is silent. Besides the resettable switch on the dash cluster, is there a "reset" switch on the motor itself. Before I unbolt the drivers seat and stuff my 210 pound, 6'2" form up under that crawl space for a complete R & R, I want to make sure it's not something simple. the swith has 4 outlets on back leading me to believe it is a double ground. I haven't traced those back but that's the next step. If it comes down to it, maybe one of you bros has a 110 pound, athletically built, totally hot sister, sister in law, girlfiends best friend, etc., that could help me out with the crawl space dilemma. Beers and a tow for the help. Motomutt

cwright
10-27-2006, 11:07 AM
I have an 88PS190 and battled similar issues. My switch quit working, took it apart and reassembled it and it worked. Quit working again, power in no power out. Touched my volt meter wires by accident and my heater fan turned on. Finally tracked down a broken ground link on a daisy chain that affected numerous electircal components. Based on what I've learned, I would recomment the following.

Jumper a hot lead and ground to the blower motr direct from battery to confirm it is working fine. Probably is.

Test leads going in and coming out of switch to verify switch is working.

Check the continuity of all of your grounds. They are fickle.

Make sure your circuit breaker hasn't been popped ( do this first)

My heatercraft blower motor has no reset.

Good luck, and let us know what t ends up being. Unfortunately most of the steps outlined above are executed on your back with your feet hanging out of the observers feet. The really cool part is when the 110 trouble light rolls up against your arm. Have fun!

motomutt
10-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks Bro. This stuff has to happen when you need a heater. Not in 110 degree weather