PDA

View Full Version : Chevy suburban/duramax diesel???

Jerseydave
10-26-2006, 07:17 PM
I thought that might catch your attention! :)

So when is GM going to make this animal? I'd buy it!

Can someone close to GM (dealer) tell me if it's on the way?

PS, I'd even consider a diesel Avalanche!

jraben8
10-26-2006, 07:20 PM
I've heard in '09 but I don't have anything to back it up.

tones03
10-26-2006, 08:33 PM
I can not confirm a Duramax Suburban, but I can confirm a diesel, tahoe/subuurban/half ton pick up around 09-10. It will have more power than the gas engines, with greater fuel economy. Right now there are certain places that will do the conversion kit for a duramax conversion.

victorff
10-26-2006, 09:26 PM
If you already have a 2500 suburban with the 8.1 there is a guy in Ohio and a guy in Colorado who does the Dmax conversion. If your willing to spend some cash. From what I understand the demand for the Dmax/Allison combo is greater than the production capability. So there not about to drop it into another vehicle. I'm sure there are other reasons.

TMCNo1
10-26-2006, 09:47 PM
I thought that might catch your attention! :)

So when is GM going to make this animal? I'd buy it!

Can someone close to GM (dealer) tell me if it's on the way?

PS, I'd even consider a diesel Avalanche!

Ask UMP, he works at a GM dealership!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-26-2006, 10:20 PM
I have been asked this several times. To my knowledge there are no plans of them building that animal. I have not heard or read anything about a duramax powered suburband or avalanche. I know people want this, but I havent seen anything about it. sorry.

Maristar210
10-27-2006, 01:59 PM
I have been asked this several times. To my knowledge there are no plans of them building that animal. I have not heard or read anything about a duramax powered suburband or avalanche. I know people want this, but I havent seen anything about it. sorry.

Yeah don't give us what we want. That has been GM's philosphy for years. "They'll buy this" or "Sell them that"

Listen to the customer. Give him what he (or she) wants and you'll be amazed at market share.

And I'm a manufacturing guy

OhioProstar
10-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I guess the question in my mind is whether the interest is high enough to pay off the development costs. If you take a loaded Burbon/Yukon XL and add the $6000 that a Duamax/Allison option costs you are pushing $60+k. Ford dropped their Excusion line up in the 2005 model year so maybe the SUV market was too tight for another platform.

Jerseydave
10-27-2006, 04:18 PM
I guess the question in my mind is whether the interest is high enough to pay off the development costs. If you take a loaded Burbon/Yukon XL and add the $6000 that a Duamax/Allison option costs you are pushing $60+k. Ford dropped their Excusion line up in the 2005 model year so maybe the SUV market was too tight for another platform.

I think there's plenty of interest in this type of vehicle.
Almost every diesel Excursion owner I speak to wishes that GM would make a diesel Suburban. On a camping discussion board that I go on, many are looking for a GM diesel SUV. Not just good for pulling campers and boats, but horse trailers, motorcycles, race cars, etc.

GM should look into this kind of power for their Hummer H2 also! What a towing machine that could be! (right now I think it only can tow under 7000 lbs.)

ski_king
10-27-2006, 04:37 PM
If you want one bad enough, you can get one. Too bad GM dosn't build it.
http://www.duramaxsuburban.com/

I am keeping my eyes open for a powerstroke Excursion in the meantime.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah don't give us what we want. That has been GM's philosphy for years. "They'll buy this" or "Sell them that"

Listen to the customer. Give him what he (or she) wants and you'll be amazed at market share.

And I'm a manufacturing guy
Staristar, Keep in mind that I am not the General. I dont make the rules, I just play by them....:o