PDA

View Full Version : I'm so Freakin Mad!

Mag_Red
10-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Ah......the joys of Fatherhood. Just witnessed my lovely daughter :rant: back her newly painted Cavilier into the side of my pristeen 99 Chevy Silverado!!!! She's sitting on the street, getting ready to parallel park into a spot that had to be 30' long. ( I'm standing at the front door watching this. So instead of cutting the wheel and parking, she decides it a good idea to back up 40 feet and try and pull in forward. So in the process of backing up.........she tagges the side of my truck!!!! The truck that has never been hit in 140,000 miles!!!!!:mad:

milkmania
10-25-2006, 08:50 PM
now, you remember the ol' fart thing I posted a while back.........

don't forget it8p

Footin
10-25-2006, 08:53 PM
At least she wasn't hurt...........I thought that might help, maybe not.

milkmania
10-25-2006, 08:56 PM
At least she wasn't hurt...........I thought that might help, maybe not.

well, from all his mad smilies in his first post.......

I'm think 50/50 here:rolleyes:

erkoehler
10-25-2006, 08:58 PM
And here just days ago he was so happy to see her at his house

Sorry Mags :(

Mag_Red
10-25-2006, 09:11 PM
And here just days ago he was so happy to see her at his house

Sorry Mags :(GUess we should post some pics eh????:rolleyes:

Leroy
10-25-2006, 09:20 PM
"oh dad, whateeever" :rolleyes:

MarkP
10-25-2006, 09:28 PM
GUess we should post some pics eh????:rolleyes:
If itíll make you feel better.

Mag_Red
10-25-2006, 09:29 PM
"oh dad, whateeever" :rolleyes:She asked "why are you taking pictures dad???" I told her I was going to put a picture on her dash to remind her not to hit Dad's truck any more:D Maybe I should buy her the new Lexus that parks itself:rolleyes:

Mag_Red
10-25-2006, 09:29 PM
If itíll make you feel better.
You know it will8p

Mag_Red
10-25-2006, 09:31 PM
OK here's the size of the spot she was going to back into.........looks a little tight eh???

bigmac
10-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Been there, done that, with two kids. *sigh*...but...the upside of parenting vastly outweighs the downside. Sorry that happened, but it will pass...

Farmer Ted
10-25-2006, 09:48 PM
you could get her a new Lexus......

Mag_Red
10-25-2006, 09:50 PM
My beloved Chevy:cry: Thank God she didn't hit the Ford

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-25-2006, 09:56 PM
pretty bad dent.....AUGH????

Mag_Red
10-25-2006, 09:58 PM
pretty bad dent.....AUGH????
Don't you mean " pretty bad dent Dontchano???" :D

10-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Don't you mean " pretty bad dent Dontchano???" :D
yea,eh?:D :D

DrNautica
10-25-2006, 10:12 PM
That looks to me like a good paintless dent guy could take care of that without any bodywork required. Check into it.

LakePirate
10-25-2006, 10:19 PM
That is not cool Mags.

Considering the current situation, I am going to pass on the Ford joke.

stevo137
10-25-2006, 11:38 PM
That is a tough break Mag, sorry to hear it.

It's only a test, only a test my friend. ;)

Doug G
10-26-2006, 12:00 AM
That sucks. Think of it more as a tattoo or a beauty mark with love from your dearly beloved (and hopefully still living) daughter.

Naaa. wouldn't help me either :rolleyes:

Thanks for reminding me what I am in for. My 15 year old makes a regular event out of reminding me how close he is to driving. Note to self... teach him how to park.

stevo137
10-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks for reminding me what I am in for. My 15 year old makes a regular event out of reminding me how close he is to driving. Note to self... teach him how to park.

Ha! Same here, smartass 15 year old who thinks he's ready to drive. :rolleyes:

BriEOD
10-26-2006, 05:38 AM
At least she wasn't hurt...........I thought that might
Not yet!:D

JimN
10-26-2006, 06:07 AM
"you could get her a new Lexus......"

Or a driver.

Mag_Red
10-26-2006, 06:59 AM
"you could get her a new Lexus......"

Or a driver.Or maybe she should be held responsible for her actions;)

Farmer Ted
10-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Or maybe she should be held responsible for her actions;)

I was refering to the new Lexus that can park itself

ski_king
10-26-2006, 07:47 AM
Ahhh, they joys of fatherhood!

At least she didnt hit the car in front also.

I can relate.
I am teaching my youngest daughter now which is trying my patience.

TMCNo1
10-26-2006, 08:16 AM

Check out your yellow pages for "Paintless Dent Removal". Unless the paint is cut, that can be taken out by one of those guys and you will never see it, although it may require a new piece of body side molding.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Mag, three things come to mind when I saw the pic...
#1- At least she stopped.....:rolleyes:
#2- I could picture you with this, JUST LIKE when you exploded the glass on the stove, the first thought that runs through your mind....The guys at TMC are gonna need to see this....:purplaugh
#3- The one GOOD reason the vette isn't parked THERE........;)

Maristar210
10-26-2006, 08:31 AM
You got the $$. Trade that thing in for the new 07 GMC or Chevy Silverado... Dent what dent?

Seriously - I am sure she learned something from it since you sound like a good and responsible father. After all how far could the apple fall?

Steve

Mag_Red
10-26-2006, 08:54 AM
You got the $$. Trade that thing in for the new 07 GMC or Chevy Silverado... Dent what dent?

Seriously - I am sure she learned something from it since you sound like a good and responsible father. After all how far could the apple fall?

SteveThat's the point Steve....I want to make sure she does learn something from this. You have to consider she lived most her life with her Mother, some one that never set limits for her or taught her responsibility. The thing, besides to fact that she can not back up a street with out hitting a car, is I just had extra work done to her car, after she was broadsided, so her car wouldn't look like a piece of ****. Well, that was short lived...and now my truck looks like a piece of **** too! Yeah......I have plenty of $$$$, but what does that teach her???? If I reported this, she'd loose her license, second at fault in 2 years. She's lucky she hit me, cause if it was anyone else, she'd be riding a bike to school. ( I should stop here as I'm still livid)

10-26-2006, 09:07 AM
That's the point Steve....I want to make sure she does learn something from this. You have to consider she lived most her life with her Mother, some one that never set limits for her or taught her responsibility. The thing, besides to fact that she can not back up a street with out hitting a car, is I just had extra work done to her car, after she was broadsided, so her car wouldn't look like a piece of ****. Well, that was short lived...and now my truck looks like a piece of **** too! Yeah......I have plenty of $$$$, but what does that teach her???? If I reported this, she'd loose her license, second at fault in 2 years. She's lucky she hit me, cause if it was anyone else, she'd be riding a bike to school. ( I should stop here as I'm still livid)
Mag, just do what you feel is right. Make her pay for the damage, maybe she will think about things a bit more.

Dont forget, your still blessed. Metal can be fixed. It will all work out man.

Monte
10-26-2006, 09:09 AM
That's the point Steve....I want to make sure she does learn something from this. You have to consider she lived most her life with her Mother, some one that never set limits for her or taught her responsibility. The thing, besides to fact that she can not back up a street with out hitting a car, is I just had extra work done to her car, after she was broadsided, so her car wouldn't look like a piece of ****. Well, that was short lived...and now my truck looks like a piece of **** too! Yeah......I have plenty of $$$$, but what does that teach her???? If I reported this, she'd loose her license, second at fault in 2 years. She's lucky she hit me, cause if it was anyone else, she'd be riding a bike to school. ( I should stop here as I'm still livid)

Hey mag,
I can understand why you'd be angry about the accident, but thats what it was. Yeah maybe she wasn't paying attention but there's alot worse things in the world that a dent.. Be happy she didn't get hurt.. Inexperienced operators are just that... inexperienced.. Should you let her walk and not be responsible?? Heck no.. If she has a job, make her pay for the damage if not.. I'd have to increase the chore list to things that are outside of her norm.. Yardwork, dishes, washing the cars, whatever... for an hourly rate.. The paintless dent docs can fix your ride it looks like for around a bill.. I wouldn't even worry about fixing hers.. If she wants it fixed give her the same deal/ pay scale.. otherwise she can drive around a car with a dent in it... Anyway not trying to tell you how to raise your daughter.. Just stating that people make mistakes everyday.. for what its worth

stevo137
10-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Mag, also just another thought if nobody has mentioned. Spend some time in that car with her to see how she drives, give her some driving tips and make her park several times.

jlf
10-26-2006, 09:19 AM
aww mags, I am sorry to hear that. I am looking forward to the joys of parenthood. If you were my father, I would be paying for the damage to have your truck fixed for no other reason than to teach me a lesson. If I wanted my car fixed I'd have to pay for it myself or live with it with the dents I created. Not turning it in is a tough one...my dad might have done just that. He would tell me that obviously I wasn't ready to drive.

Just a note..My father was sort of A**hole.

Tryin-again
10-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Ahhhhhh - Another one of those learning experiences.....

"When am I gonna quit having these learning experiences??"

twieder
10-26-2006, 09:49 AM
I can simpathize with ya man! Earlier this summer my 17yr old step-son found it necessary to clip my truck. He told his mom (my wife!) a week later and neither one of them told me till I noticed it almost a month after it happened. He's got an '87 cutlass and I've got a '94 Ranger, so not that big of a deal I was told (wifes words)
I wanted to yoink his license for a month, but setteled for a week of listening to a teenager walk around the house whineing cause he couldn't drive!

Rockman
10-26-2006, 09:51 AM

Character marks Mags...that's all! :D

east tx skier
10-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Mag, sorry it happened. But if your once nice stuff didn't have dents and dings on it (MC excluded), how would anyone else know you have children. She's just branding you my friend.

phecksel
10-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Sitting with a 15 yo begging to take drivers ed, it's easy for me to say, it's only a little ding. But, I agree, she needs to be held responsible and accountable. We all have learned from our mistakes, and kids today are too often granted mulligan's, even for the big mistakes.

Maristar210
10-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Sitting with a 15 yo begging to take drivers ed, it's easy for me to say, it's only a little ding. But, I agree, she needs to be held responsible and accountable. We all have learned from our mistakes, and kids today are too often granted mulligan's, even for the big mistakes.

You said a mouthfull with that last sentence Phecksel. I could not agree more.

Steve