PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating Food & Drink Recipies.....

Maristar210
10-25-2006, 09:23 PM
I am off to the BIG HOUSE (U of M) EARLY Saturday morning.

I need to find a killer dish recipie that will hold either un-cooked or in a warmer for several hours during the game.

I also need some interesting Bloody Mary ideas....

Please post your ideas here.

If you do Hoosier Bob will buy you a beer...:D

TIA Steve

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-25-2006, 10:57 PM
If you do Hoosier Bob will buy you a beer...:D

and he will drink it too!!!:D

LakePirate
10-25-2006, 11:20 PM
For the Bloody Mary's put a little bloody mary mix and vodka into a lot of Horseradish.

I assume you are trying to eat after the game?

Taking a Grill?

agua4fun
10-25-2006, 11:30 PM
I was at the big house last week. golf course tailgating with the 40" LCD Hi-Def - good stuff. But i have no recipies - im no cook - brats chips and beer was the way to go! have fun - GO BLUE!

tex
10-26-2006, 12:22 AM
Go w/Major Peters mix for your Bloody Marys.

Maristar210
10-26-2006, 09:11 AM
For the Bloody Mary's put a little bloody mary mix and vodka into a lot of Horseradish.

I assume you are trying to eat after the game?

Taking a Grill?

Yes we'll have a grill.

Here's whats on the list so far:

Marinated proscuitto (sp?) wrapped shrimp for the grill
24 Miller Lite's
Homemade Salsa
Bloody marys with, hot sauce, celery, olives and pickles
24 Miller Lite's
Wife's famous seven layer Tex-Mex Dip
Water/Juice/Monster Energy
Did I mention Miller Lite?

I need more ideas. Anyone got anything for me?

TIA
Steve

Flatwaterfooter
10-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Yes we'll have a grill.

Marinated proscuitto (sp?) wrapped shrimp for the grill
24 Miller Lite's
Homemade Salsa
Bloody marys with, hot sauce, celery, olives and pickles
24 Miller Lite's
Wife's famous seven layer Tex-Mex Dip
Water/Juice/Monster Energy

I need more ideas. Anyone got anything for me?

TIA
Steve

As I read this I saw the first 24 miller lites and was thinking that was a low count, but it seems you are on top of it.

richardsoncd
10-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Pickled garlic, asparagus is good in bloody mary's....ditto on the horseradish, marinate some shrimp and wrap some scallops in bacon. Leave them in the cooler till after the game, fire the grill up...they should only take a couple of minutes to cook after the game. Or smoked sausage, andouille, or boudin (my favorite)

jlf
10-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Here is one we took to the Packer game....

We've found this marinade works best with flank steak

3/4 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 T. molasses
1/4 t. ground ginger
2 T. dry mustard

Cut as much flank steak as needed-semi frozen. Cut steaks across the grain as thick as desired. Put meat in with the marinade at least 4 hours (can marinade overnight too). Soak skewers at least 20 minutes if using wooden ones.

These were awesome and easy.

For bloody mary's you can top with pickles, olives (stuffed with whatever you like), asparagus, pepperoni, pepperjack cheese, beef stick, pickled bussel sprouts, pickled mushrooms, celery, pepperocinni (that might be spelled wrong). Don't forget the tobasaco sauce, we add some of the pickle juice to ours also.

shepherd
10-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Here, let me amend your list for you. Remember, it's a football game, not a croquet match ;) If you want to get fancy, you might throw in some SlimJims or chicken wings.

Yes we'll have a grill.

24 Miller Lite's
24 Miller Lite's

TIA
Steve

GO BLUE

east tx skier
10-26-2006, 11:31 AM
For something you don't need to keep warm, I'd have suggested 7 layer dip. But you've already got that. Nothing better in a parking lot than sausage and beer. Fire up the grill.

Maristar210
10-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Here is one we took to the Packer game....

We've found this marinade works best with flank steak

3/4 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 T. molasses
1/4 t. ground ginger
2 T. dry mustard

Cut as much flank steak as needed-semi frozen. Cut steaks across the grain as thick as desired. Put meat in with the marinade at least 4 hours (can marinade overnight too). Soak skewers at least 20 minutes if using wooden ones.

These were awesome and easy.

For bloody mary's you can top with pickles, olives (stuffed with whatever you like), asparagus, pepperoni, pepperjack cheese, beef stick, pickled bussel sprouts, pickled mushrooms, celery, pepperocinni (that might be spelled wrong). Don't forget the tobasaco sauce, we add some of the pickle juice to ours also.

man JLF you have got my mouth salivating. I think I may have to add this recipe for sure. I like the thought of the molasses, thanks for the input.

Shep - Amen to that Bra

playtherapy
10-26-2006, 01:38 PM
Here's one that is always a hit! They loved it at this years MC East Coast Reunion: Chipped Beef Cheese Ball: 24 oz soft cream cheese,
2 oz can chopped, drained black olives, 4 oz can drained, chopped mushrooms, 2 1/2 oz jar dried beef (Armour) chopped fine, 1 bunch green onions, chopped fine, 1/2 cup water chestnuts chopped, 2 TBSP Accent. Mix all together and shape into a ball. Cover with clear plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Serve with Wheat Thins, YUM!

Maristar210
10-31-2006, 09:59 PM
JLF

That beef marinade recipe is very good. We did a double batch along with 3.5 lbs of finely trimmed flank steak. I loved it. Could not stop eating it in fact.

Thanks so much.

Steve

jlf
11-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Hey no problem, we love it too. We first had it at a tailgate party at a Packer game and it was so good I begged for the receipe. I make it all the time just for supper. My husband and I have no problem polishing off a steak by ourselves. Glad you enjoyed!

Sodar
11-02-2006, 10:20 AM
For tailgating, we try always do Carne Asada burritos/tacos. I got one of the Weber Q grills, just for the occassion! But the best recipe for tailgating is ALOT of beer!!