PDA

View Full Version : Heater Temp

tappskier
10-25-2006, 06:09 PM
I have been reading the threads on the Y-pipe for added heat while at idle. I had a thought about making a loop with the hot water from one side of the block thru the heater to the other side of the block with a circulation pump in the line. Would it work? Any thoughts?

tappskier
10-26-2006, 06:29 PM
No takers on this one?

bigmac
10-26-2006, 07:15 PM
I question the volume of water that could be pumped out of and into the block drains (1/4 inch NPT to 5/8 inch hose?). Might be a viable alternative if your particular engine doesn't already have a built-in return line on the circulating pump, a built-in output fitting on the manifold, and no knock sensor already occupying one or both of the block drain holes. Otherwise, I'd rather use one of the two already-existing circulating pumps on the engine rather than adding the complexity and expense of an auxilliary 12 volt pump.

jimmer2880
10-30-2006, 06:55 AM
I question the volume of water that could be pumped out of and into the block drains (1/4 inch NPT to 5/8 inch hose?). Might be a viable alternative if your particular engine doesn't already have a built-in return line on the circulating pump, a built-in output fitting on the manifold, and no knock sensor already occupying one or both of the block drain holes. Otherwise, I'd rather use one of the two already-existing circulating pumps on the engine rather than adding the complexity and expense of an auxilliary 12 volt pump.

I agree. I always try to Keep It Simple. Unnecessary complexity will only bite you in the end.