PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Should UMP get a new dog" poll

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Should UMP get a new dog?? Given my indecisive nature that you have all come to love;) , I keep wondering if I should get a new dog. Lance and Carissa are expecting a baby, and that keeps making me wonder if I am a worthy enough DOG parent? So, lets let democracy rule! Should I get a dog? keep in mind, I am single, Ms. UMP travels all week long for work, and is only here on the weekends. So I will have to train it. I work 8-5 with a lunch break that I go home on everyday to eat. I feel a bit guilty about getting a dog and making it stay in a kennel cage all day while I am at work. I love dogs, but I dont know how it will work out. I am used to being independant and living by myself. I do what I want, when I want. Having a dog will change alot of that. I need to feed it, give it attention, teach it to pee outside, etc.... plus I am allergic to dogs. THe allergy part only really affects me when I am playing with them, that must make the pet dander fly around in the air more, and if I am wrastling with them, my arms can break out in a rash for a while.

Watcha think?

Hoosier Bob
10-24-2006, 10:41 PM
She might not be around long anyway if you keep treating her like this! OH, I am sorry you really meant a Dog! My bad! I thought you were looking for a new, you know! Wait a minute are you saying Lance and Carrissa are having a dog? Man I misread that thread as well! No offense UMP but with all of your bird hunting and such you are never around anyway. Dogs and future wives need attention. Best not follow Hoosier and learn how to take care of your woman first!

10-25-2006, 08:36 AM
She might not be around long anyway if you keep treating her like this! OH, I am sorry you really meant a Dog! My bad! I thought you were looking for a new, you know! Wait a minute are you saying Lance and Carrissa are having a dog? Man I misread that thread as well! No offense UMP but with all of your bird hunting and such you are never around anyway. Dogs and future wives need attention. Best not follow Hoosier and learn how to take care of your woman first!
Are you telling me to NOT buy a new dirtbike and hide it in my spare bedroom?

Workin' 4 Toys
10-25-2006, 09:20 AM
I have to say this to you UMP....
STOP COMPARING CHILDREN TO DOGS!!!

TMCNo1
10-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Are you going to be the one to teach it to raise up his leg and pee on a tree or if it's a female, to squat. I can picture it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, Talbert you have to use the right leg, do it like this and run around the yard like me, digging up the grass with your hind legs, get it! No, Stop, not in the boat trailer wheel you (*^)&$%#@^&*! Now look what you did to my "Monza" and boots, let me find someone with a good toob and I'll trade your dumb *&* you *&!@*#$%#$!

Maristar210
10-25-2006, 11:07 AM
UMP

Does that mean you'll then have two in the house that'll pi$$ all over when they get excited?:D

Monte
10-25-2006, 11:26 AM
UMP if it is your idea get the dog.... sounds like you need the training:rolleyes: ... If it is the Mrs.'s idea it is a TEST

She wants to know if you are trainable:D

TMCNo1
10-25-2006, 11:38 AM
UMP if it is your idea get the dog.... sounds like you need the training:rolleyes: ... If it is the Mrs.'s idea it is a TEST

She wants to know if you are trainable:D

Monte72 has a point!
If she has you dress up the puppy, put diapers on it and feed it with a baby bottle, that might be a CLUE!

east tx skier
10-25-2006, 12:00 PM
I love dogs, but there is a ton of work and expense involved in owning one. In the end, it's worth it for most, myself included, but is something you should know going into it. In some ways, having dogs is harder than having kids. Example, you can take your kids out to dinner with you to most places.

10-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I love dogs, but there is a ton of work and expense involved in owning one. .
These are EXACTLY the things that I am heavily considering now....

H20skeefreek
10-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Dude, I love dogs, and I don't think I'll ever not have one or two, but from reading your first post, a dog is NOT for you, and it sounds like you know it. Get some fish or a cat or both, just make sure the fish tank has a lid, if you have a cat.

TMCNo1
10-25-2006, 07:52 PM
To buy the wedding ring Ms.UMP2B wants, the fish tank will be empty and will stay that way as long as the double wide they have to buy is shaking!

milkmania
10-25-2006, 08:57 PM
in light of current situations.....

I had to go with #28p

Leroy
10-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey UMP, get a dog or two, get married and I hope you have honeymoon twins!!!!!!! I need to see someone with as much stress in their life as I have! It all blends together and before you know it you'll be posting on the "dog sleeping in my bed thread"!

So the future Mrs Ump travels all week and you come home for lunch everyday. That out of sync.

10-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey UMP, get a dog or two, get married and I hope you have honeymoon twins!!!!!!! I need to see someone with as much stress in their life as I have! It all blends together and before you know it you'll be posting on the "dog sleeping in my bed thread"!

So the future Mrs Ump travels all week and you come home for lunch everyday. That out of sync.
Yea, and she saw that picture of those peppers you posted on that other thread. If she new where you lived, she would probably stop by to beg for some of those peppers. She loves spicey hot foods, she loves hot peppers.

PendO
10-25-2006, 11:45 PM