PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen these CSX pictures...

RobertT
10-24-2006, 04:51 PM
I really like the looks of the red one...with the standard tower.

If I had the need...I would buy that one in a second! Good looking boat.

http://www.mastercraft.com/themes/mc/en/images/news/IMG_9185.JPG

I dont like the blue...but...

http://www.mastercraft.com/themes/mc/en/images/news/Blue_CSX_DOck.jpg

RobertT
10-24-2006, 04:53 PM
PS....as a hint....if you are using windows put your cursor over the picture...a little box with arrows should show up on the lower right corner. Click it, and you will get a much larger/clearer picture.

pq2
10-24-2006, 04:54 PM
love the red one

thijs
10-24-2006, 04:55 PM
What are they supposed to be for??? I dont like them. But I am also the kind of guy that thinks that MC should not venture out of the waterski/wakeboard industry. They look like a cross between a fishing boat and a pontoon boat.

:(

KnoxX2
10-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Love both of them. I think it's going to be a great new model.

sanjuan23
10-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Impatiently waiting for more pics, avail. options etc. then hopefully see one up close and personal before pulling the trigger. I think this boat has great potential and is really something I am looking forward to. Hopefully I am not alone.

bigmac
10-24-2006, 05:03 PM
As I read a lot of vehement objection to the CSX such as we've seen here on TeamTalk, I am reminded of the Chevy Avalanche. When it first came out, there were howls of derision.

I think it's a cool boat. Not suitable for me, but I applaud MasterCraft for stepping outside the box and taking a shot. I hope they sell a ton of 'em. Anything that makes MasterCraft a stronger company benefits all of us, even the most die-hard '94 PS 197 owner.

east tx skier
10-24-2006, 05:07 PM
I found this picture pretty nifty.

Tryin-again
10-24-2006, 05:16 PM
I think it's a cool boat. Not suitable for me, but I applaud MasterCraft for stepping outside the box and taking a shot. I hope they sell a ton of 'em. Anything that makes MasterCraft a stronger company benefits all of us, even the most die-hard '94 PS 197 owner.

Me, I want either a 190 or 197 - But my partner and his wife - I gotta make sure they don't see the thing.... They will trade ours into one..... Of course they have 5 kids and the Sport Star is a little tight...

I think it is a nice boat otherwise -just not my choice...

Sodar
10-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Edit: This is the most gorgeous MasterCraft that the company has ever done....

sanjuan23
10-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Agreed the windshield does not follow the lines of the tower very well. I like the T-Top just wondering if it is collapsible?

Tom023
10-24-2006, 05:26 PM
If MC has found a market for that boat, good for them. To me, center console says salt water, which says ocean or coastal area. If I'm heading out on those bodies of water, I'll take something with more deadrise, freeboard and rough water capability. I suppose it may be ok in protected areas. I'm not really sure what the intended market is for this boat.

Sodar
10-24-2006, 05:28 PM
If someone is going to seriously use that as an ocean boat, I seriously fear for their safety. I guess inshore bays and protected ocean waters are one thing, but there are not many of those around here, so this boat does not fit on south/west coast, it seems it will be an ICW boat or a Florida boat if anyone actually uses this in the salt.

Ryan
10-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Whew! The reg tower on the snorkling pic scares me. I've been totally on board with the CSX idea. The red boat with the bimini is better/ok, but not near as good looking as the T-Top. Way too reminicent of the short lived TriStar Deck (Half Windshield 190&220) option. IMO the T-Top adds credibility as they enter the open water market.

bigmac
10-24-2006, 05:36 PM
I am sorry, but the one with the regular tower is one of the worst looking things...

The T-Top is not AS bad, but still pretty atrocious!!

Each to their opinion. Fortunately, are plenty of MasterCrafts to choose from without having to purchase a CSX if we don't want to....

Ric
10-24-2006, 05:41 PM
I like the lines of the t-top . the tower on that boat isn't doing it for me

shepherd
10-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Edit: This is the most gorgeous MasterCraft that the company has ever done....

Too late! I see BigMac preserved what you really thought Sodar! :uglyhamme

BTW, I'm with ya brother. That is one gorgeous boat! :) ;)

Sodar
10-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Too late! I see BigMac preserved what you really thought Sodar! :uglyhamme

BTW, I'm with ya brother. But I guess I'm in the minority here. Either way, I hope it works out for MC and they sell a lot of them.

Yeah, but it won't be there long... Eastie is gunna remove it for me. I already asked BigMac to do it, but he just changed his own response.

bigmac
10-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah, but it won't be there long... Eastie is gunna remove it for me. I already asked BigMac to do it, but he just changed his own response.I must have missed your request...:confused:

Sodar
10-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Sorry, I just noticed that my PM to you was open in another window and was never sent to you...

Ryan
10-25-2006, 12:16 AM
If someone is going to seriously use that as an ocean boat, I seriously fear for their safety. I guess inshore bays and protected ocean waters are one thing, but there are not many of those around here, so this boat does not fit on south/west coast, it seems it will be an ICW boat or a Florida boat if anyone actually uses this in the salt.

Last time I was at Two Harbors there was a guy with a 2000 PS 205V (ZeroFlex, dark green on white). He said he goes out to Catalina from Dana Point some 12 times a year. I would need a chiropracter after a ride like that even at 8:00am. Not what I would do, but if a 205 can hack it do suspect a 220 would fare better?

Sodar
10-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Last time I was at Two Harbors there was a guy with a 2000 PS 205V (ZeroFlex, dark green on white). He said he goes out to Catalina from Dana Point some 12 times a year. I would need a chiropracter after a ride like that even at 8:00am. Not what I would do, but if a 205 can hack it do suspect a 220 would fare better?

I am not saying that there are not mornings that it can not be done. I used to drive over my 13 foot Whaler over to the island when I was younger. I am just saying that people should not take this thing as a literal ocean boat. I have had nervous crossings in our 35' center console... Jesus, I have been had bad crossings in our 70' sportfisher.

With a boat that slopes the way that the 220 does, it is not going to be touching any unprotected water after 3pm and sure as heck not going to be making any Catalina crossing at anytime after 1 pm!!

east tx skier
10-25-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm not removing it on my bday. ;)

RobertT
10-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Everyone keeps asking who this boat is for. I don't get it. Its not for me and my lifestyle, but for a TON of people this might be the perfect boat.

I don't think anyone said that it was strictly an ocean boat, just because it has a center console does not preclude it from floating in freshwater.

As soon as I saw it, I immediately thought of my times at Lake of the Ozarks growing up. There are thousands and thousands of boats on that lake. Most of my friends (they were rich, which is why they had lake homes 25 years ago) had a bass boat, and a runabout, and if they were really rich a pontoon boat too.

If you live on a lake like that, and there are hundreds if not thousands of them in the US, a fishing capable boat is a big deal. However, its not worth moose piss after 7:00am because of the chop. That's when we would take the runabout out and go play on the water. Then, before I knew any better, we would jump on a pontoon boat with a few scuba tanks and go treasure hunting at the bottom of party cove. I still have an endless supply of old school raybans from those dive trips.

This boat, rather you love its looks or hate them, would be PERFECT for the average joe on a sizable lake of any kind that is not 100% dedicated to only one water activity. Its a hybrid, hybrids are never the best at anything. However, if I were to buy a do it all boat for a summer lakehouse, this would be it.

Docks and dock space are not cheap anymore on the big lakes, having a fishing boat, ski boat, cruising around boat, and a pontoon for diving is simply not an option for most people. The savings from the lifts alone would pay for the up charge that Mastercraft brings.

Anyway, I have no dog in the fight, just thought I would throw this out there.

Sodar
10-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I very much agree with you Robert, the MCX would work great for an application of that sort. I was just commenting on the seakeeping ability of the boat, due to the fact that MC is advertising it as an ocean boat.

Most inboard boats under 30 feet tend to ride very flat on the water and there is not much you can do about it except slow down, push the stern in and trudge through it... killing all efficiency. This is partially the reason why most ocean runabouts/center consoles, etc. are either outboard or I/O, that way you can at least give it a little positive trim, get the bow up and ride atop the swells, waves just a little .

Tryin-again
10-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Down here, on the Texas coast there is a tremendous amount of bay fishing.... I go south alot and there are more "bay boats" than ski boats on the highway...... This thing would be a good replacement for them and would be that classy runabout, ski boat. On my lake I see a lot of folks with both - so like has been said this "hybrid" might fit a big niche..

I still want a new 190 .. :D

chasmo
10-26-2006, 10:45 AM
I really like the looks of the red one...with the standard tower.

If I had the need...I would buy that one in a second! Good looking boat.

http://www.mastercraft.com/themes/mc/en/images/news/IMG_9185.JPG

I dont like the blue...but...

http://www.mastercraft.com/themes/mc/en/images/news/Blue_CSX_DOck.jpg

In talking to the rep about it he stated that they were going to be the SUV of the MC's. The one I saw looked like the blue one in the pic - and it was rigged as a center console ocean fishing boat. Evidently they started from the ground up so speak and redeisgned the hull a bit for more stability. Boat looked pretty sweet IMHO. Will love to get in one when I am down there - I think they are out in '07 but not sure.

Jim@BAWS
10-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Cross Sports eXtreme

The boat is awesome ! Had the red on here for a week. TOTALLY
AWESOME. The WB wake is Perfect. You can SURF both sides.
A boat for everyones needs. It is its own unique hull
It is not a version of the X-2! Go drive one when you get a chance.
You will be very happy that you did. I even questioned it myself
NO MORE IT IS AWESOME

Jim@BAWS

projectely4
10-26-2006, 05:22 PM
this boat looks awesome. especially after seeing some of the pics of the wake i definately would like to ride behind one and see how the wake is in person.

Rich_G
10-27-2006, 06:44 PM
This is an all-around watersports boat, right..., and isn't it a DD? I haven't heard anyone mention the slalom capability. I would imagine it would rank up there as high-end recreational; like others have said, a boat that does several things well, but not the best at just one thing.

There were some pictures released several months ago and I never saw a ski-tow point. Did they add a pylon?

TMCNo1
10-27-2006, 08:09 PM
This is an all-around watersports boat, right..., and isn't it a DD? I haven't heard anyone mention the slalom capability. I would imagine it would rank up there as high-end recreational; like others have said, a boat that does several things well, but not the best at just one thing.

There were some pictures released several months ago and I never saw a ski-tow point. Did they add a pylon?

Best of all, it would make a good H2o Law enforcement boat or a Domion's Pizza delivery boat, just put the lights on top of the flat top or the Domino's lighted sign!