PDA

View Full Version : X-15

Dbuck
10-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Are there no tracking fins on the X-15?

How do you folks that have them like them so far-ride-handling-wakes?

Does most everyone have the MCX engine?

The kids lean toward wakeboard and surfing, but mom and I would ski some--no serious stuff just recreational--all comments appreciated.

sand2snow22
10-24-2006, 03:12 PM
I don't think so, I don't think there are tracking fins on the new X2 either!! X15 sounds like a good boat for you, especially for recreational waterskiing. X2 will have a better ski wake.

dmayer84
10-24-2006, 03:15 PM
I dont have any on my X10 either.

slink976
10-24-2006, 05:09 PM
okay dumb ? are the tracking fins the 3 down the center? If so I have them on my 2006 X2

X-2
10-24-2006, 05:30 PM
okay dumb ? are the tracking fins the 3 down the center? If so I have them on my 2006 X2

I think so.............But my new 2007 doesn't have any. They must have changed that this year.:confused:

slink976
10-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Love that X-2 pickle fork!!!! sorry small threadjack!

jsnipes
10-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Dbuck,

I picked up a 2006 X-15 late season and now have 13 hours on it. I love it. I'm a recreational wakeboarder (converted from recreational skier) and also do a good deal of just hanging out. The X-15 is perfect for this.

The wake is pretty large at wakeboard speeds ... noone, even beginners, have had a problem with the wake size but it is definately larger than the Moomba Mobius that I previously had (which was comparable to an X-7). A couple guys I go with are pretty good boarders and they get huge air off the wakes. They have had good feedback on them. The wake has a nice 'rampy' transition. I previously posted some wake pics if you can find that thread.

The wake at slalom speeds is on the order of a typical I/O. So, you could recreational ski behind it, but certainly not for a serious skier.

I'm excited about trying wake surfing this spring ... it has a huge wake at 10 mph and should be awesome for it. It has tons of room for just hanging out on the lake and also tons of storage space. You could put 9-10 adults on it with no problem.

No fins on the X15. It handles much better than an I/O but not as good as a typical ski boat, e.g. Prostar 197, etc. It is a pretty large boat with a decent amount of "v" to the hull. The reward is a very high, dry ride in all water conditions. It can handle pretty rough water with no problem. Also, the deep hull puts the seats at very comfortable heights and also yields huge storage. For example, the ballast hard tanks in the rear are below the floor of the storage area so that you don't lose that space when you fill the tanks.

For my use (4 - 8 people, primarily wakeboarding or hanging out) it is the perfect boat. I think the X2 would have sufficed as well at the sacrifice of a little room. I like the conventional bow better than the pickle fork so I went with the X15 and have zero regrets.

JS

Dbuck
10-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the replys

Jsnipes, what engine do you have? are you pleased with it?

The ride and room are appealing to me too. I would be boating on a fairly large lake-35,000 acres that can get pretty choppy. I will try to find your earlier post and pics.

Thanks again.

erkoehler
10-24-2006, 07:22 PM
We have the LY6 engine in our demo X-15 and it is an amazing engine :)

Chief
10-24-2006, 08:16 PM
The MARISTAR 200VRS AWESOME! Sorry if I jacked, but had to show (again)! Awesome wake and feels like a 25ft boat. Same as X2 and no tracking fins included but that's all it's missing.

sully
10-24-2006, 08:40 PM
We love our "good" twin (215). The MCX is a great engine, lots of power. Our old 210 had a better ski wake, but this one handles the bigger wakes much better. Love all the room. There are no tracking fins.
We got almost fifty hours on ...but now is in hibernation.

duckguy
10-24-2006, 10:31 PM
2nd on the maristar 200

jsnipes
10-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Dbuck,

I've got the MCX and it's way plenty. I'm sure the LY6 would be great too, but not sure of the fuel penalty if you go with that option.

Best of luck ... you really can't go wrong with any of the options presented. If you can go demo the X15 and the other options before you buy it might help fine tune your decision making.

JS

rstitson
10-25-2006, 12:28 AM
We just ordered a 2007 x-15 after several demo rides; we want to do the same you do. Son wake boards, we recreational ski. Need large lake / big chop handeling. This boats seems to do all including a slow sight seeing cruise. we also demoed a centurion avalanche , quality aside, it did not cruise well a low speeds bow up too far for my likeing. The x-15 we demoed came with a "attitude adjustment plate". when used it brought the bow down almost a foot and allowed confortable cruising under 20 miles/hr. Also increase hole shot and supposedly smoothed out the wake a bit. We wouldn't order one without. We also wouldn't order without the mcx which seems awesome to us. As it's top end is only ~43 - 44 I wouldn't want anything slower.

sand2snow22
10-25-2006, 11:44 AM
rstitson, the centurion didn't have a wake plate? Maybe a better Centurion to compare to the X15 would be the new Enzo 216? I hear it has a decent ski wake, although I would choose MC any day and all day....

Michael Epp
10-25-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm thinking of trading my '04 X-10 for either an '07 X-15 or X-30. Is bigger better? My dealer says the X-15 will handle better than an X-30, however the X-30 is only 8" longer. Also, the X-30 has a full stepped hull compared to just the "notch" on the X-15. We use our boat for cruising and watersports on big lakes...also it's trailered to different locations throughout the summer.

erkoehler
10-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Are there no tracking fins on the X-15?

How do you folks that have them like them so far-ride-handling-wakes?

Does most everyone have the MCX engine?

The kids lean toward wakeboard and surfing, but mom and I would ski some--no serious stuff just recreational--all comments appreciated.

Just sent you a PM

erkoehler
10-25-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm thinking of trading my '04 X-10 for either an '07 X-15 or X-30. Is bigger better? My dealer says the X-15 will handle better than an X-30, however the X-30 is only 8" longer. Also, the X-30 has a full stepped hull compared to just the "notch" on the X-15. We use our boat for cruising and watersports on big lakes...also it's trailered to different locations throughout the summer.

Just sent you a PM about the boats :)

rhsprostar
10-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Hey Eric
What's up with you and all the Canuks?

ttu
10-25-2006, 04:08 PM
i am hoping they have a x-15 at the end of the year tulsa boat show. i really would like to get a good look at it.

i am impressed with it's looks, plus gf doesn't like the pickle forks.:mad:

Evan Jones
10-25-2006, 04:24 PM
We just ordered a 2007 x-15 after several demo rides; we want to do the same you do. Son wake boards, we recreational ski. Need large lake / big chop handeling. This boats seems to do all including a slow sight seeing cruise. we also demoed a centurion avalanche , quality aside, it did not cruise well a low speeds bow up too far for my likeing. The x-15 we demoed came with a "attitude adjustment plate". when used it brought the bow down almost a foot and allowed confortable cruising under 20 miles/hr. Also increase hole shot and supposedly smoothed out the wake a bit. We wouldn't order one without. We also wouldn't order without the mcx which seems awesome to us. As it's top end is only ~43 - 44 I wouldn't want anything slower.

rstitson: P.M. at ya

duckguy
10-25-2006, 04:47 PM
I was skeptical about the pickle at first-We love it so much now I cannot even tell you.

erkoehler
10-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey Eric
What's up with you and all the Canuks?

They LOVE me......actually I'm not sure, but I have no problem selling used boats up there :)

rstitson
10-25-2006, 06:26 PM
The centurion did have a wake plate but it seemed to have little effect on the bow hight though it seemed to have more effect on the wave than the mastercraft one. Would have tried the enzo but wasn't availble. The quality of upholstery really suprised us and put us off. It was tearing around the cup holders which were glued in with a bath@tub sealant. The mastercraft cup holders could be pulled out and the upholstery was folded in the hole

Dbuck
10-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Thanks for all the input. I appreciate all the experience here.

I really like the looks(traditional bow) and room of the X-15. Good to hear the comments regarding rough water ride as well. I am also considering Tige' 22ve or 24ve, Malibu Wakesetter VLX. Any opinions on these pro or con?

I need to work on the budget side as well, considering Mastercraft X-1 and Malibu vRide as fall back positions depending on how things work out between now and March or so. I know these are smaller boats but the difference in cost would cover the gas budget for several years. On the other hand its not a bargain if it won't do what you need it to do.

duckguy
10-30-2006, 04:33 PM
VLX is nice, I would drive both and alot depends on the dealer that you would be using

Archimedes
10-30-2006, 04:52 PM
I need to work on the budget side as well, considering Mastercraft X-1 and Malibu vRide as fall back positions depending on how things work out between now and March or so. I know these are smaller boats but the difference in cost would cover the gas budget for several years. On the other hand its not a bargain if it won't do what you need it to do.

I've got an 06 X-1 and it's just a great all around boat. Great boarding wake, good slalom wake and plenty of room for a family of 4 and friends. We've had 9 people on our boat all day and had no problems with the size. I've been really pleasantly surprised by how big it feels inside and how well it handles rough water. Much better than I expected.

Not the sexiest boat in the Mastercraft line up, but I'm very happy with our decision. And money was not the issue at all. The right boat was.

Dbuck
10-31-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the comments on the X-1 and vlx.

Good to know 9 folks can be on the X-1. Which engine do you have , Archimedes? The X-1 is a good proven boat and that is appealing.

sully
10-31-2006, 08:58 PM
Three Questions
1. Does the 07 come standard with the "wakeplate" or is it an option?
2. Does anyone have any knowledge if it helps the ski wake?
3. What would it cost to have it installed on an 06?

Thanks

rstitson
11-01-2006, 08:33 PM
I believe the attitude adjustment plate is a $1000 option on the x-15. No idea of 06 install cost. Not sure how much it changes the wake but does definitly lower the bow so you would think the wake would be less

rstitson
11-01-2006, 08:39 PM
We looked at the tige... Just looked and refused to drive as the construction quality did'nt get it done for us... But it wasn't a 22

Archimedes
11-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the comments on the X-1 and vlx.

Good to know 9 folks can be on the X-1. Which engine do you have , Archimedes? The X-1 is a good proven boat and that is appealing.

I have the base RTP-1 and it's plenty of motor. I'm sure the bigger motors in the MC lineup are even better, but the RTP doesn't lack for power or smoothness at all.

Jet
01-25-2007, 07:13 AM
Rstitson,

Did you make a decision about your purchase ?

Just curious as I ordered an X-15, and I have not included the attitude adjustment plate. This thread makes me wonder if I should have.

Thanks,

Prostar19
01-25-2007, 09:43 AM
The wake plate is an optiorn on the 215/X15. I have it on my X2 and it is awesome. I foot, ski, and wakebaord. You can tell a big difference in the wake with it down. It also helps cut through the water when it is rough. I would definitely reccomend it.

rstitson
01-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Yes, It should be being built this week. Did get the wake plate. Would do it if you can. Makes cruising a better too as it lowers the bow at low speeds. Will be taking possession in March cant wait

Bexter
01-25-2007, 06:38 PM
We have an X-15. Four kids all wakeboard, slalom and kneeboard (we outlaw tubes on our boat.) Great Wakeboard boat. Wife is a die hard slalom skier, so is not so happy, but the rest of us love it.