PDA

View Full Version : I am terrible at keeping secrets

jlf
10-24-2006, 09:04 AM
I am so terrible, I can't keep secrets for crap. I knew for less than 24 hours before I had to tell our parents the great news. Lance and I are expecting our first baby!!!:firejump: We are so excited and thrilled, we had been trying for some time so this is a blessing. I will admit I am a bit nervous about this, treading in new territory for me! We timed it just perfect too, I am due around the end of June/beginning of July, then I get 12 weeks leave, that means I get most of the summer off!!

stevo137
10-24-2006, 09:07 AM
CONGRATS!!!
Great news!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Congrats Lance and Carissa!!!!:D will you be able to attend Mag Mania 3.0 in september??? Or will you have used all your time up?:confused:

Will you still be able to ride sleds this winter? or is that bad for the little one?

I am glad for you both! Best wishes to all 3 of you!:) keep us posted!

Tryin-again
10-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Congrats ....... A new skier/boarder on the way!! :cool:

jlf
10-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Congrats Lance and Carissa!!!!:D will you be able to attend Mag Mania 3.0 in september??? Or will you have used all your time up?:confused:

Will you still be able to ride sleds this winter? or is that bad for the little one?

I am glad for you both! Best wishes to all 3 of you!:) keep us posted!
If Mag Mania stays in September there is a good chance we'd be able to make it, that depends on how the baby and I are doing. If it stays the same week as last year, I am vacation again...I was hoping Mag would keep it the same weekend.

As far as snowmobiling goes, we'll see. I just bought a new sled, haven't even picked it up yet so it is going to be really hard for me to stay off of it. I will check with doctor about riding. I will definitly take a little spin or two on it though, we'll just take it real slow, not sure I can stare at a new sled all winter and not get on it.

Next summer looks like I'll be designated driver for the beginning of the summer. As luck would have it, I'm going to get most of the summer off so plenty of time for me to get back in the water and get baby used to the boating life.

peason
10-24-2006, 09:38 AM
I am so terrible, I can't keep secrets for crap. I knew for less than 24 hours before I had to tell our parents the great news. Lance and I are expecting our first baby!!!:firejump: We are so excited and thrilled, we had been trying for some time so this is a blessing. I will admit I am a bit nervous about this, treading in new territory for me! We timed it just perfect too, I am due around the end of June/beginning of July, then I get 12 weeks leave, that means I get most of the summer off!!

Congrats, I would suggest picking up the book "What to expect when you are Expecting" - my wife kept it by her side so she knew exactly what was going on month to month. It must have helped because we now have 4 wonderful kids!

trickskier
10-24-2006, 09:38 AM
Congratulations! I still remember how excited my wife and I were when we found out she was pregnant. After 22 years of a wonderful marriage our daughter is 17 and our son is 14. The fun is just starting. Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Sodar
10-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Congrats on the new little one!!

Mikey
10-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Congrats, that is awesome news. Hopefully I will be able to share the same kind of news with yall soon.

east tx skier
10-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Big congrats to you guys! Lots of fun times ahead!

Leroy
10-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Congratulations and enjoy the experience!

Mag_Red
10-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Carissa, that is fantastic news!:firejump: Gongrats to you and Lance. It's kind of funny that the second thing I thought, when I read your news, was you all wouldn't make Mag Mania III. Good to hear that you are still keeping that option open:D

TMCNo1
10-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Congratulations and get some extra sleep now, you will need the surplus in several months!

MarkP
10-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Congrats!!!!!!!!http://www.ourladieslounge.com/forums/images/smilies/Banane22.gif!!!!!!!!!!
Just remember, Never, Never let them outnumber YOU!http://www.ourladieslounge.com/forums/images/smilies/LRkindjes.gif!!

10-24-2006, 10:24 AM
ya know the funny part I was just thinking at what peason said, I am trying to talk myself into getting a dog and I am afraid I will mess that up and not be an effective "dog parent", I cant imagine having kids. :eek:

SO are you like freaking out a bit like that? or are you cool and calm? I would be freaking out steady if I were a parent.......wondering, am I doing this right? am I doing that right? should I be doing this?

MarkP
10-24-2006, 10:31 AM
ya know the funny part I was just thinking at what peason said, I am trying to talk myself into getting a dog and I am afraid I will mess that up and not be an effective "dog parent", I cant imagine having kids. :eek:

SO are you like freaking out a bit like that? or are you cool and calm? I would be freaking out steady if I were a parent.......wondering, am I doing this right? am I doing that right? should I be doing this?LOL

We know!!

10-24-2006, 10:34 AM
LOL

We know!!
Yea, yoos guys think the monza saga was bad, or my frantic "should I have used antifreeze on my engine during winterization" episode last winter was bad, the kid thing would put me in a padded room. If I do have kids, you should all buy stock in Maalox or mylanta, cuz I am sure I will be drinking lots of it.:o

10-24-2006, 10:36 AM
LOL

We know!!
opps double post

TMCNo1
10-24-2006, 11:11 AM
opps double post

Easy there UMP, don't you know that is how Twins happen?:D :rolleyes: 8p

X2M
10-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Congratulations jlf and hubby!!

Hope you have an uneventful pregnancy, no morning sickness and a quick delivery with a healthy little one.

:)

jbfootin
10-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Congrats! Get ready for life to change a bit, but it's not all bad!;)

Rockman
10-24-2006, 01:05 PM
C&L,

Congrats on the new addition to the family. Olivia has been by far the best asset to our family since we bought the BF200! :D

The new baby will be great and you'll have a third!!!!!!!!;)

Keep us posted on your progress over the next couple months!

JD&O

kycat2007
10-24-2006, 01:07 PM
a new member to the MC family. Congrats

bcampbe7
10-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Congrats to the both of you!

SkiDog
10-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Congrats! I'm glad it's you and not us! I'm already gonna be goning to PTA, pushing my walker!:( :D :rolleyes:

Datdude
10-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Congrats on the good news!

6ballsisall
10-24-2006, 04:27 PM

Congratulations Carissa and Lance!!!!!!!!! It will change your lives forever, for the better. Kids ROCK!!!!!!!!:cool:

sassydog
10-24-2006, 05:09 PM
CONGRATS!!! i think is this case is not whether it's a boy or girl, but what watersport it'll learn first...........wake, foot or slalom?

sassydog
10-24-2006, 05:10 PM
oh yeah ands now that you're having kids, this offically mean you're not cool anymore,:eek: at least not to people who don't have kids. I'm sure my folks were cool before they had me, but that part of them has died, so say goodbye! Hell, Rockman has to pay me to hang out with him.:twocents:

Rockman
10-24-2006, 05:13 PM
oh yeah ands now that you're having kids, this offically mean you're not cool anymore,:eek: at least not to people who don't have kids. I'm sure my folks were cool before they had me, but that part of them has died, so say goodbye! Hell, Rockman has to pay me to hang out with him.:twocents:

I'm printing this out as we speak...for evidence.

Last time my door is open...:cool:

Not good coming from the Godfather!!!:cool:

east tx skier
10-24-2006, 05:13 PM
That rumble you hear is thousands of parents rolling their eyes in unison. 8p

Chief
10-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Congrats! Best mistake I ever made, would not change a thing! Except for the rule that the brides father has to pay for the wedding! :)

sassydog
10-24-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm printing this out as we speak...for evidence.

Last time my door is open...:cool:

Not good coming from the Godfather!!!:cool:
wait.......evidence for when i have kids to prove that i'm no cool? I'm not even that cool anyhow! a breed like us are only cool to our kind, everyone else thinks i'm a wierdo for thinking about footin' more than i think about women. wait a sec.....does having "father" in my appointed title count? aww crap it's already too late! Not what was i talking about.........oh yeah my punk-arse smart allick comment. Hey you still comming over Sat? keg is beign picked up at 10. L & C sorry for jackin' your thread!!!!

LakePirate
10-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Congratulations!

:banana:

Hoosier Bob
10-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Way to go! You guys are awesome and should reproduce early and often! Nice Job and I expect others on TMC are with you on this one!;)

Mag_Red
10-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Way to go! You guys are awesome and should reproduce early and often! Nice Job and I expect others on TMC are with you on this one!;) One the other hand....people like you ...............
:D

Who loves you man???;)

Hoosier Bob
10-24-2006, 11:20 PM
So what year can I return to MM? Just wondering as I have to clear it with my P O!

Mag_Red
10-24-2006, 11:22 PM
So what year can I return to MM? Just wondering as I have to clear it with my P O!We're going skiing this week-end.........come on down:D

Hoosier Bob
10-24-2006, 11:27 PM
What is the statute of limitations? Anyway this is the way to go thread and I won't Hoosier this one! Way to go Lance! I told you to tell her to keep those hips up!8p

jlf
10-25-2006, 08:08 AM

SO are you like freaking out a bit like that? or are you cool and calm? I would be freaking out steady if I were a parent.......wondering, am I doing this right? am I doing that right? should I be doing this?
I am not freaking out yet but Lance is a bit more anxious than I am. He has given me several lectures on what I can and cannot do. I think he is a bit more nervous than I am. I am not worried about being a bad parent, I think it must a natural instinct when the baby is born on what needs to be done, besides I have several neices and nephews so I am experienced in dirty diapers and sick kids. Seems I only get to babysit when daycare doesn't want them!! I am not really looking forward to the lack of sleep, I am pretty cabby when I don't get my sleep so this could get interesting.

We've talked about how soon baby will be on the boat. It will be soon, since that is where Lance and I spend most of our time in the summer we would really love it if baby would share in out enjoyment of the water. As far as what watersport baby will take up, well I guess we'll leave that up to baby!! Now I really have to learn to foot better though, there has to be someone to teach baby so baby has full exposure to all watersport and can make and educated decision on which sport to excel in.

jlf
10-25-2006, 08:11 AM
oh sassy, you mean we were cool at one point?!! Well that means alot to me and I am willing to loose my coolness to have a shot at being a Momma. I'll let you rule the world of coolness, you just wait your turn is coming!! I mean come on Rockman already has you being a Godparent, you know what the next step is PAPA!

Workin' 4 Toys
10-25-2006, 09:16 AM
JLF,
Don't let UMP freak you out. His day is coming sooner than he thinks..
I am going to have to step away from this forum for a few months when that happens, I won't be able to take it....:rolleyes:
As far as the "cool" thing, for the first few years you will be the coolest person on the planet to at least one person, and that person is the ONLY ONE that matters.
It has been a few years now since mine was born, and I still remember it like it was yesterday. I do hope I get the opportunity to go through that again one day...:D
God Bless, and congratulations.

Watch out, they grow up WAY TOO FAST.....Don't think I am kidding...Enjoy Every single moment.

MarkP
10-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Yea, yoos guys think the monza saga was bad, or my frantic "should I have used antifreeze on my engine during winterization" episode last winter was bad, the kid thing would put me in a padded room. If I do have kids, you should all buy stock in Maalox or mylanta, cuz I am sure I will be drinking lots of it.:oI can see it now!!! Off The Deep end!

east tx skier
10-25-2006, 02:43 PM
I am not freaking out yet but Lance is a bit more anxious than I am. He has given me several lectures on what I can and cannot do. I think he is a bit more nervous than I am. I am not worried about being a bad parent, I think it must a natural instinct when the baby is born on what needs to be done, besides I have several neices and nephews so I am experienced in dirty diapers and sick kids. Seems I only get to babysit when daycare doesn't want them!! I am not really looking forward to the lack of sleep, I am pretty cabby when I don't get my sleep so this could get interesting.

We've talked about how soon baby will be on the boat. It will be soon, since that is where Lance and I spend most of our time in the summer we would really love it if baby would share in out enjoyment of the water. As far as what watersport baby will take up, well I guess we'll leave that up to baby!! Now I really have to learn to foot better though, there has to be someone to teach baby so baby has full exposure to all watersport and can make and educated decision on which sport to excel in.

We had ours on a boat at 3 weeks. At that age, it's just another place to nap. A year later and he still loves it. Hope it continues.

And yes, your child will think you are super cool. And yes, they grow up way too fast.

10-25-2006, 06:56 PM
I can see it now!!! Off The Deep end!
WOnder if that really works? that superman thing.....

6ballsisall
10-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Hailey was out on the boat 3 days after coming home. She LOVED the sound of the motor running. Today at 15 months she absolutely LOVES being on the boat, but only if it is moving. :D Get em out there early on jlf and lance!!

10-26-2006, 08:32 AM
well, I am going to one up you all on this. When I have a child, I will concieve it on the boat, and have it born on the boat, so there! 8p

Workin' 4 Toys
10-26-2006, 08:34 AM
well, I am going to one up you all on this. When I have a child, I will concieve it on the boat, and have it born on the boat, so there! 8p
Does you WIFE know about this..:rolleyes: ....Oh wait...8p

10-26-2006, 08:49 AM
Does you WIFE know about this..:rolleyes: ....Oh wait...8p
well, see, I kinda, have to work that part out yet.....:o

jlf
10-26-2006, 09:25 AM
For right now I am I am looking forward to all the joys of parenthood, heck I am even looking forward to those late night feedings where I get to bond with my baby. Yeah I know I am sure once I am up two to three times a night every night, I will start to get really tired and may not be looking forward to it so much. For now I am just so excited to be caring a baby. I must have "that glow" that will blind people from a mile a way.

MarkP
10-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Iíve got to tell you, That plan is flawed.. The first part, piece o cake.(two out of three fer me;) ). The second part, http://www.ourladieslounge.com/forums/images/smilies/boink3.gifuse your head. Have you ever been in a delivery room..
Itís a little different than ďin the moviesĒ.. I donít think you could pull it offhttp://www.ourladieslounge.com/forums/images/smilies/Banane47.gif..

jlf
10-26-2006, 10:04 AM
I think this is easier for us to just sit back and enjoy because other than the pregnancy we have very little to worry about. Financially, well are you ever really financially set for a little one?:rolleyes: We have some money saved so when I am on leave we can just enjoy the baby and not worry about money. We just built our home and we built it with the intensions of have some little feet to fill it up so we have plenty of room. We both have reliable vehicles that are family friendly, Lance has his '69 Camaro to play with. He's already made comments about putting a baby seat in his camaro. We have our toys, sleds and boat already. We've been married a few years too and had time to play and party and vacation without children, we just got to enjoy eachother. Now we are ready to settle down and start the next stage of life together. We really are pretty blessed!!

Workin' 4 Toys
10-26-2006, 12:27 PM
JLF, yup, you got it right, sit back and relax, little did you know your life has been REALLY boring until he/she comes around.

Now, if you feel the need to off that car because it doesn't have air bags, antilock brakes, traction control, stability controls or any other safety features we have all grown accustom to protecting us from ourselves and love so much..:rolleyes: Feel free to drop me a line, I may be able to make you an offer to help you get away from it...:wavey: Tell him he could still come and see it once in awhile....:purplaugh

jimmer2880
10-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Congrats. Kids are wonderful and will change your life.

As far as making us un-cool, I disagree. Coolness is in the eye of the beer holder. Having kids just puts you in a new crowd of beer holders who are cool in a different way.

That's my answer anyway :)

jlf
10-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Thank you Bigmac on the book recommendation, I picked it up the other day and have hard a hard time putting it down. It was also recommended by several other friends and the nurse I spoke with. My sister-in-law also gave me a very good book to read it is called Your Pregnancy week by week. They have a lot of the same infor, but also plenty of different material. Both good.

jimmer2880
10-31-2006, 05:38 AM
Thank you Bigmac on the book recommendation, I picked it up the other day and have hard a hard time putting it down. It was also recommended by several other friends and the nurse I spoke with. My sister-in-law also gave me a very good book to read it is called Your Pregnancy week by week. They have a lot of the same infor, but also plenty of different material. Both good.

Not to promote another message board on this site - but.... My wife found a TON of info from joining mommy message boards. She is as addicted to them as I am to this site (well - not quite AS bad, but close).