PDA

View Full Version : Auto ballast setup for 2k x-star

twieder
10-20-2006, 12:06 PM
I've got a 2k x-star and decided my winter project is gona be to install another pump and plumbing to make my rear tanks aoto fill/dump instead of having to do it manually.
What I'm looking for is alittle guideance as to pump possition, line routing and valveing. Anyone with an X-1 or X-2 (same basic boat) would be a big help as to how those are plumbed.
I'm thinking pump on/around rudder plate, line to a tee with 2 ball valves on port side,and a thru hull on the side around shower pump for dump line?
Thanks in advance for the assist!

P-hat_in_Cincy
10-20-2006, 12:25 PM
I would help, but your avatar...

twieder
10-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Aww come on can't we all just get along?
After all, I do own a MC!

P-hat_in_Cincy
10-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Man...in OHIO too!?

Click the link in my signature, go to the ballast section and click on the word "HERE". Maybe it'll give you some ideas.

Iowa may come in like a wounded dog tomorrow...

Indiana may come in riding an upset high...

twieder
10-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Yeh, but I'm closer to Ann Arbor than Columbus!
Checked out your pics... NICE!!! And yess I think that will help alot. I thought about 2 pumps but I'm not sure where I'd want the third pickup. Got one on stern by drain plug for center tank and was thinking of putting second on opposite side.
Not sure cost wise either about rocker switches and second pump to 2 ball valves, but I guess if I put in ball valves I still gota open engine cover!

Gona be ok games this weekend, but I can't wait for nov.18 The game of games! Only makes me mad cause it will be 1 vs 2 and not for National Champs!