PDA

View Full Version : Tempur-pedic Mattress - Any Opinions

pflcjl
10-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Does anyone have any opinions about these memory foam mattresses?
Thinking about buying one.

stevo137
10-19-2006, 06:16 PM
I started with the pillow and loved it so then we bought a king mattress, and we think it's the best.
Do a search, I think that there was another thread regarding this.

Carbon Dreams
10-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Does anyone have any opinions about these memory foam mattresses?
Thinking about buying one.

I love mine!

georgea0731
10-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Anyone found any good deals? Thanks

ntidsl
10-19-2006, 08:33 PM
dormian mattress...i love mine...

Hoff1
10-20-2006, 09:43 AM
I got mine from emattress.com. Couldn't live without it now.

Ole Miss Rebels
10-20-2006, 10:43 AM
everybody has some sort of mattress like that now. the main component is called visco foam. if i were to purchase a new mattress set today i would do my homework. i would look for a traditionally made mattress with a really heavily constructed coil spring unit in the core. then, it would be topped with several layers of padding and foam and then finally topped with a thick sheet of the visco foam. this way you will have a very supportive mattress but it will have all of the surface comfort of a primarily-foam visco mattress. also, you will save a ton of money and i believe it's possible you will be happier. i sell mattresses and if i can help point you in the right direction, please get back with me. also, i would try to find me a reputable mom-and-pop, independently owned furniture store and try to get the owner to cut you a special price.

P-hat_in_Cincy
10-20-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm glad this thread came out!

We're in the market and I was wondering the same thing about these mattresses. I was waking up tired and sore with back and neck pain for the past couple months. I first thought it was just from my wife 8p , but we did the old plywood b/w box spring and mattress and that helped. Obviously it's time to replace and luckily I have a friend that manages a furniture store in Columbus, OH.

So...they are as advertised?

bcampbe7
10-20-2006, 10:54 AM
everybody has some sort of mattress like that now. the main component is called visco foam. if i were to purchase a new mattress set today i would do my homework. i would look for a traditionally made mattress with a really heavily constructed coil spring unit in the core. then, it would be topped with several layers of padding and foam and then finally topped with a thick sheet of the visco foam. this way you will have a very supportive mattress but it will have all of the surface comfort of a primarily-foam visco mattress. also, you will save a ton of money and i believe it's possible you will be happier. i sell mattresses and if i can help point you in the right direction, please get back with me. also, i would try to find me a reputable mom-and-pop, independently owned furniture store and try to get the owner to cut you a special price.

That is kinda what we did.
We bought a very supportive mattress and added a Tempur-Pedic type material to the top. We love it!

Keep in mind that not everyone likes the same thing. We were looking into a Select Comfort bed, but I read some poor reviews on design issues and customer service so we stayed away from them.

Monte
10-20-2006, 11:02 AM
That is kinda what we did.
We bought a very supportive mattress and added a Tempur-Pedic type material to the top. We love it!

Keep in mind that not everyone likes the same thing. We were looking into a Select Comfort bed, but I read some poor reviews on design issues and customer service so we stayed away from them.

Where did you find said Tempur-pedic material...

6ballsisall
10-20-2006, 11:06 AM

bcampbell is the super moderator. This position gives him access to top secret government materials yet to be released to the general public. Rumor has it Beau has a new top secret stealth fighter jet in his garage right now....:D

bcampbe7
10-20-2006, 11:07 AM

Believe it or not, Walmart... :D

1.5"
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4569409

4"
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4569413

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-20-2006, 11:14 AM
every notice all those ads for "Craftmatic adjustable beds" ??? BUT, have you ever seen one in person? neither have I......

6ballsisall
10-20-2006, 11:18 AM
every notice all those ads for "Craftmatic adjustable beds" ??? BUT, have you ever seen one in person? neither have I......

They sell them at the pasties stores...........:D

Monte
10-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Believe it or not, Walmart... :D

1.5"
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4569409

4"
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4569413

Hmmmmmmm might have to purchase one of those:rolleyes: thanks!

bcampbe7
10-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Hmmmmmmm might have to purchase one of those:rolleyes: thanks!

Yeah, it was cheap enough to try out... We went with the 1.5" because we don't like to sink into the mattress. With the 1.5" we got the support and comfort we were looking for. It's all personal preference though.

The topper did have a bit of a foam odor, but it goes away after a little while.

Monte
10-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Yeah, it was cheap enough to try out... We went with the 1.5" because we don't like to sink into the mattress. With the 1.5" we got the support and comfort we were looking for. It's all personal preference though.

The topper did have a bit of a foam odor, but it goes away after a little while.

Tha sad thing is... we just bought a sealy, but I still have the back pain in the AM??? They sure do make the TP look comfy on TV... Always skeptical (is that a word?) about "as seen on TV" deals.. I'll just buy some fabreeze to go w/ it... thnx for the info

jimmer2880
10-20-2006, 06:01 PM
We did the 1.5" topper ourselves for our trailer place. It made a big difference. I'd like to go with a 3" some day (if anyone starts to make one). We got ours from Target.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-20-2006, 07:40 PM
They sell them at the pasties stores...........:D
They sell EVERYTHING at pastie stores JR!:D