PDA

View Full Version : New Decals coming off

endl
10-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Anyone else had any trouble with the raised domed/bubble decals coming off. I just noticed one side of my boat says "mastercraf" t is missing on the small letters. The big numbers are starting to come off also. Wonder if mastercraft will warranty those. I did buy the boat used but its an 06 still under warranty.

erkoehler
10-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Did you transfer the warranty? If so, I'd talk w/ your dealer.

endl
10-19-2006, 06:33 PM
What is the skinny on the transfer warranty? I cannot get a straight answer from the dealer I bought it from. He said the boat is still covered under the new boat warranty. What is the deal with paying for the extended warranty?

Ric
10-19-2006, 06:50 PM
What is the skinny on the transfer warranty? I cannot get a straight answer from the dealer I bought it from. He said the boat is still covered under the new boat warranty. What is the deal with paying for the extended warranty? if the boat was never titled before you, then you have the original warranty

if the boat was titled to someone before you ,then you have to get the warranty transfer done by mc
I think its a few hundred bucks for the transfer

rodltg2
10-19-2006, 06:51 PM
a few letters fell of mine when it was 113 out and i towed my boat behind my houseboat which made the water swoop right along the letters. my dealer just haned me a new set. no questions asked. no paperwork...

bigmac
10-19-2006, 06:52 PM
What is the skinny on the transfer warranty? I cannot get a straight answer from the dealer I bought it from. He said the boat is still covered under the new boat warranty. What is the deal with paying for the extended warranty?

From the owner's manual:

Transfer of Limited Warranty. Upon the
first sale, conveyance or other transfer of
the boat or trailer by the original retail purchaser,
any remaining unexpired Limited
Warranty coverage shall be transferred to
the second owner and shall remain in effect
for the remainder of the applicable warranty
period(s) set forth in Sections 1.1, 1.2,
1.3 and 1.4 above (which warranty periods
begin to run from the date of the original
retail purchase of the boat or trailer, or the
first use of the boat or trailer, whichever
first occurs, as applicable), upon delivery
of the warranty transfer card and payment
of the applicable warranty transfer fee to
MasterCraft. With respect to the Lifetime
Limited Warranty (granted only to the
original retail purchaser) on the Structural
Components set forth in Section 1.1 above,
if the sale, conveyance or other transfer of the boat by the original retail purchaser to another person or entity occurs
within three (3) years of the date of the original retail purchase of the boat by the original retail purchaser, then the
warranty on the Structural Components shall be transferred to the second owner and shall continue in effect for a
period of ten (10) years from the date of the original retail purchase of the boat by the original retail purchaser.

~~~~~

In order to effectuate the transfer of the
Limited Warranty, the original retail purchaser
and the new owner must properly
fill out the warranty transfer card found in
the back of the Owners Manual and deliver
the completed card, together with a
check made payable to “MasterCraft Boat
Company, Inc.” in the amount of the warranty
transfer fee, via U.S. Mail, postage
prepaid, to MasterCraft at the address
shown on the warranty transfer card. The card and check for the warranty transfer must be post-marked within the
time period specified above in this Section 6 in order for the warranty transfer from the original retail purchaser to
the second owner to be effective.

TMCNo1
10-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Thanks BigMac, that clears that up! Sweet and simple!

endl
10-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks, I will read the manual. Really did not think to read that DUUU!

beatle78
10-19-2006, 07:51 PM
if your dealer is any good, he should want to help you get the new letters.... Anyone who buys a $50k+ boat should get some golden service in my opinion....

since your dealer said that your boat is still covered under the new boat warranty, I'm guessing he's gonna help you out :)

endl
10-20-2006, 04:10 PM
There it is under "Warranty Transfer"! I filled it out, listed the previous owners name signed it and sent them $450.00 (ouch). Transfer completed! Thanks for pointing that out bigmac.