12-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Is it me or is the new store blah?

east tx skier
12-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Is it back online? Off to see.

dmac
12-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Unfortunately I think it is blah and overpriced.

kjohnson
12-14-2004, 10:59 AM
I agree. Mastercraft merchandise used to be reasonably priced, until the last couple of years.

Smitty
12-14-2004, 11:45 AM
I'm dissappointed at the fact that most of the boat accessories you have to purchase from the dealer. What if my dealer won't carry the merchandise? I hope that some dealer will get smart and offer those accessories on their web site.

east tx skier
12-14-2004, 12:16 PM
I'm going out on a limb here and saying that this is better than the old store. I, for one, will be snagging that retro MasterCraft hat with old emblem on it. Maybe the ringer-T as well (but it's weak that they've got stuff on there that you have to go through the dealer to get). Not to mention they've got the shock tubes back for ordering. The fender covers were nifty. Plus, they've got infant and child neoprene vests (a lot of people were looking for the HO model some time back).

The stuff is really expensive, but still somewhat less than a new boat. I guess I wasn't expecting much from the comments. They've got a couple of hats and shirts that I'd be caught dead in, so that's better than nothing, which is what we had before.

A step in the right direction MC!

mitch
12-14-2004, 05:16 PM
It may be a step in the right direction, but it's a small one. IMHO those hats still bite :rant:, but maybe it's just me. Some of the stuff from the old store is showing up on ebay lately. I just scooped one of the visors.

east tx skier
12-14-2004, 05:26 PM
I picked up a cool, older shirt on ebay last week. The current visors make a poor online showing. But my wife bought one recently and, despite what I thought from seeing it in the online store, it looked good in person.

To each his own. I think any improvement is a good thing.

Mag_Red
12-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Hmmmm.......The dock lines and the fender covers look like something I'd buy :popcorn:

east tx skier
12-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Not to mention the shock tubes.

Mag_Red
12-14-2004, 05:54 PM
Not to mention the shock tubes.Them too :D But as far as the hats are concerned.........I'm sticking to my O'niell cap.

BriEOD
12-14-2004, 06:02 PM
I wasn't overly impressed. $41 for a shock tube; get real! I can get a Ski Limited one for $14. The retro cap was not to bad. Better than it was. The fender covers, blow my mind. If you are using them who the hell is going to read them? I liked the dock lines and some of the other accesories. Call me old fashoined but I just want some plain old fashoined t-shirts and hats. I guess 15 year old boys are buying $50K MasterCrafts because that is who their target audience looks like.

mitch
12-14-2004, 06:10 PM
BriEOD, I think you're right on about the younger audience, as Bu and CC are moving more to a retro style hat as well. Oh well, ya can't pls. everyone. East tx, you're right, it is an improvement over the previous stuff....I was just hoping the hats were going to improve, maybe I'm just old!

paulphillipson
12-14-2004, 07:24 PM
Ok, guys, forgive my ignorance: Where is the Mastercraft Store?

Mag_Red
12-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Ok, guys, forgive my ignorance: Where is the Mastercraft Store? It's Right Here! (http://www.ptxsecure.com/mcpro/)

Farmer Ted
12-14-2004, 10:35 PM
I believe the difference between the old store and this one is MC has outsourced the store. Probably wasn't making enough money to keep internal so it went to Powertex.

It would be nice to see some plain dark blue shirts with yellow letters that say Mastercraft

plain red shirts with dark blue letters that say, Mastercraft

grey shirt with blue letters that say, Mastercraft

and who ever had the bright idea of putting Indmar on the right sleeve, keep it up that's awesome.

maybe it would be better if they got some FUBU and silk screened some Mastercraft on it, that $hit would be off the hook G! :dance:

T

Farmer Ted
12-14-2004, 10:36 PM
What in the name of Wide World Sports is a goin on here when a shock tube is $41? Is this Ebay?

Holy $hit Batman

BriEOD
12-14-2004, 10:50 PM
maybe it would be better if they got some FUBU and silk screened some Mastercraft on it, that $hit would be off the hook G! :dance:

T

LMFAO!!! :D

jimmer2880
12-15-2004, 07:24 AM

T
I'm still laughing!

tex
12-15-2004, 09:18 AM
Them too :D But as far as the hats are concerned.........I'm sticking to my O'niell cap.

Screw the hat, i want to see a better shot of those trousers!

BriEOD
12-15-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm glad the MC store has a good pulse of the clientel. What a bunch of stroke dogs.

SD190EVO
12-15-2004, 10:11 AM
The Team Talk home page has a "Proshop Showcase" that still takes you to the now empty 2004 store. I'll miss seeing the nice light blue ladies sweat-pants....

BTW - In the new store, are they selling one trailer guide pad? It is not clear if that is for one or two...

east tx skier
12-15-2004, 10:40 AM
I wasn't overly impressed. $41 for a shock tube; get real! I can get a Ski Limited one for $14. The retro cap was not to bad. Better than it was. The fender covers, blow my mind. If you are using them who the hell is going to read them? I liked the dock lines and some of the other accesories. Call me old fashoined but I just want some plain old fashoined t-shirts and hats. I guess 15 year old boys are buying $50K MasterCrafts because that is who their target audience looks like.

Well put. Brian, you ought to see the shirt I snagged on ebay for $9.00 last week. Very simple, red script with a yellow shadow reads, "Mastercraft." Subscript reads, "The Leader and Pulling Farther Ahead."

Awesome.

Tim, you da man.

I think the guide pads are sold as a pair (at least that's how it used to work - and it was just as confusing).

Mag_Red
12-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Screw the hat, i want to see a better shot of those trousers! :eek: You mean my Billabongs?????? Those board shorts are dope! :headbang:

tex
12-15-2004, 11:04 AM
:eek: You mean my Billabongs?????? Those board shorts are dope! :headbang:

They look like they rock! They look like what we call "showpants"! It is the biggest compliment to give a suit!

Mag_Red
12-15-2004, 11:58 AM
I wasn't going to model them :D ........so here's a pic. Got them off the net at some surf shop in California. :headbang:

dmac
12-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Well, now that I have seen the new store, still pricey. The polo and button down shirts are way out there. Tumbler, maybe. Fender cover, not practical. Trailer guide cover, hope it is 1 pair.

Farmer Ted
12-15-2004, 06:29 PM
Tim, you da man.

Thanks D-shizzo, it aint easy being me.....

Leroy
12-15-2004, 07:55 PM
There's only one guy on here I take advise on shorts.....BriEOD?

Mag_Red
12-15-2004, 08:24 PM
There's only one guy on here I take advise on shorts.....BriEOD?http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/skep.gif

BriEOD
12-15-2004, 08:34 PM
There's only one guy on here I take advise on shorts.....BriEOD?

"Blue you're my boy!!"

Leroy
12-15-2004, 10:34 PM
"Frank, this is a safe place. A place where we can feel free sharing our feelings. Think of my office as a nest in a tree of trust and understanding. We can say anything here."

Right BriEOD, we can say anything "What? What, I thought we were in the trust tree, in the nest. Are we not?"

tex
12-16-2004, 09:13 AM
I wasn't going to model them :D ........so here's a pic. Got them off the net at some surf shop in California. :headbang:

Cool-billaBONG

BriEOD
12-16-2004, 09:28 AM
"Frank, this is a safe place. A place where we can feel free sharing our feelings. Think of my office as a nest in a tree of trust and understanding. We can say anything here."

Right BriEOD, we can say anything "What? What, I thought we were in the trust tree, in the nest. Are we not?"

Excellent movie!

jayderwin1
12-16-2004, 10:14 AM
This new store is very blah!

JEREMY79
12-16-2004, 02:41 PM
yeah new store sucks. I want to know how come we cant get more stuff with old mastercraft logos. :confused: We dont all have $50k boats. Nor do we want to pay 40.00 for a sweatshirt. What about the hat that said "X-STAR------SINCE 1968" Yeah I remember the '68 x-stars dont you?? How bout just a plain shirt that says mastercraft. A plain hat that says mastercraft. And some cool stickers,(that are not 10.00) Did mastercraft forget the stars and stripes?? now that I am off my soapbox......new store sucks. :twocents:

Leroy
12-16-2004, 02:49 PM
I think their first look should just be search for everything MasterCraft on Ebay and offer legitimate alternative! Some items didn't even have MasterCraft on it.

east tx skier
12-16-2004, 04:02 PM
I think their first look should just be search for everything MasterCraft on Ebay and offer legitimate alternative! Some items didn't even have MasterCraft on it.

If MC took a look at ebay, I think their first move would be to go after the dude in Oklahoma that appears to be selling the fake guide pads and shock tubes. At least they look fake compared to the real deal in my boat and on my trailer.

tex
12-16-2004, 05:31 PM
yeah new store sucks. I want to know how come we cant get more stuff with old mastercraft logos. :confused: We dont all have $50k boats. Nor do we want to pay 40.00 for a sweatshirt. What about the hat that said "X-STAR------SINCE 1968" Yeah I remember the '68 x-stars dont you?? How bout just a plain shirt that says mastercraft. A plain hat that says mastercraft. And some cool stickers,(that are not 10.00) Did mastercraft forget the stars and stripes?? now that I am off my soapbox......new store sucks. :twocents:

Tell us how you really feel. I'm with you!

mitch
12-16-2004, 05:32 PM
The guy(s) on ebay selling fake stuff are small time. They should focus on fixing the store. Time better spent. Jeremy, I agree!

mitch
12-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Can someone pls. set up a poll 'who likes the new store' or something creative along those lines? I have no idea how to do it. :worthy: If someone does that, I'll point mkt'ing to it when it's done. I swapped notes a while ago w/ one of the newer mkt guys who promised BIG changes in the store. He reviewed some of the links I sent him re: us moaning about the store some time ago. I've got his address somewhere. Thx!

BrianM
12-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Started a poll for you. Go here:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1267

JEREMY79
12-16-2004, 07:21 PM
thought everyone would be mad at me :confused: Glad you all agree.

mitch
12-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Brian, Nice job!

east tx skier
12-16-2004, 10:15 PM
I'm not suggesting that MC go after the dude(s) selling the fake stuff on ebay. I think, now, they are turning a blind eye to it. Best they just stay away from ebay altogether.

As T-shirts go, agreed simple is better. No way a t-shirt should cost $20.

Leroy
12-16-2004, 10:17 PM
While I voted improved, it has a long way to go.

However in quick look the Malibu shop was really-really bad and the Nautique shop looked like the clothes might be nicer, but was closed until Jan. The love of our boats to the point we spend more than reasonable money for that name on a T shirt is what MC has built and needs to continue to foster.

Actually if I were MC I would publish the graphics, have a simple contract with small fee for using and let the real experts in the shirt/shorts/accessories world create and market MasterCraft branded stuff. This isn't their core business and they will never devote great time to this. It's a small niche market.

east tx skier
12-17-2004, 04:26 PM
Here's the same shirt I bought on ebay. Probably what most of you are looking for, and the price is right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1467&item=5544294917&rd=1

MarkP
12-17-2004, 04:31 PM
plain and simple MASTERCRAFT. I like it..

east tx skier
12-17-2004, 04:50 PM
They have at least 3 of that shirt on there in different sizes.

André
12-20-2004, 10:40 AM
KatieM

Don't be affraid to respond directly on the board,we won't bite.Just Mastercraft junkies that would like some quality stuff with nice logos that we can were proudly for a DECENT price.
It would also be nice to have better pix of the clothings with close ups on the logos.
It would be fun to have a thread with someone directly involve at Mastercraft. :)

east tx skier
12-20-2004, 10:55 AM
With all the apparent dissatisfaction with MC gear, I've started working on my own t-shirts (no MC logo of course). Really more related to this board. I meant to make some shirts this weekend, but had run out of supplies. Here are some of my ideas (see below). Enjoy. (c) 2004.

east tx skier
12-20-2004, 10:57 AM
And another (this one's my favorite) (c) 2004

André
12-20-2004, 11:02 AM
Gotta go with the first one!
You take paypal?
Can you deliver before Christmas?
:uglyhamme
Good work Doug!

east tx skier
12-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Don't think I could get them to Canada for Christmas. ;)

BriEOD
12-20-2004, 12:59 PM
On the first one you forgot about sanding the teak! I am still laughing about the 2nd one!!! :uglyhamme

BriEOD
12-20-2004, 12:59 PM
Looks like the una-bomber!!!! :uglyhamme

east tx skier
12-20-2004, 02:14 PM
The picture from the second one is a photoshop of me at Halloween '02 dressed up as Richie from the Royal Tenenbaums (my wife was Margot Tenenbaum).

paulphillipson
12-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Thanks, Mag!