PDA

View Full Version : Any Pinball Machine Owners?

east tx skier
10-19-2006, 05:07 PM
After checking twice to be sure I was in "off topic" ...

So who among us has a pinball machine or two in his house. Some time ago, I dabbled with the idea of getting one, but eventually forgot about it. I visited a buddy of mine who just picked up a "High Speed" pin that is in great shape and a blast to play.

I'm sure they are about as much trouble to keep running tip top as are ski boats, the difference being I'd be scared to mess with them.

So who has one? Which one?

Danimal
10-19-2006, 05:12 PM
No pinball machine but I used to own Defender until I was made an offer I couldn't refuse -

milkmania
10-19-2006, 05:12 PM

So who among us has a pinball machine or two in his house. Some time ago, I dabbled with the idea of getting one, but eventually forgot about it. I visited a buddy of mine who just picked up a "High Speed" pin that is in great shape and a blast to play.

I'm sure they are about as much trouble to keep running tip top as are ski boats, the difference being I'd be scared to mess with them.

oh no you didn't!!!!!
an english major substituted ar for our8p

just messing with ya, and to keep it on topic in off topic, no I don't have a pinball machine, but it seems like we always had those pachinko machines around when I was kid.

pachinko definition somewhat:a Japanese mixture between slot machine and pin ball.

east tx skier
10-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Ha! What does spelling have to do with it.

And I think I just edited my quote. ;)

Danimal, that same buddy of mine is getting a multigame console that I believe will have defender, too. What was the sequel to Defender ... Destroyer??

milkmania
10-19-2006, 05:16 PM

And I think I just edited my quote. ;)

yes, you edited it.......

but you didn't FIX it:purplaugh

east tx skier
10-19-2006, 05:17 PM
No my brutha ... I didn't need to. https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/forum/images/smilies/teacher.gif

I meant to use "are" instead of "our." As in "the machines are as much trouble to keep up as the boats are" or "as are the boats."

Danimal
10-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Danimal, that same buddy of mine is getting a multigame console that I believe will have defender, too. What was the sequel to Defender ... Destroyer??

Boy - you got me. I'm not sure what the sequel was. I do know that, in my opinion, Defender was the best game out there. My neighbor is currently in the market for Ms. PacMan (stand up counsel only) if you know of anyone that has one for sale.

Monte
10-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Dad has had a couple.. He may still have one, but nobody knows.. Nobody can get into his basement to find out.. Collector of everything.. I don't remember him ever having anyone out to fix them. And we (his chillins) were rough on them I'm sure.. but that was at least 12 yrs ago...

Archimedes
10-19-2006, 05:21 PM

Neighbor's got one. Paid a pretty penny for a supposedly high demand Adam's Family machine about 2-3 years ago. Pretty fun but yes, definately high maintenance. He's a skilled engineer and does some of it himself, but getting parts and certain repairs done has been costly. One of those things that seems really cool when your buddy owns it. Kinda like a boat.

east tx skier
10-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Boy - you got me. I'm not sure what the sequel was. I do know that, in my opinion, Defender was the best game out there. My neighbor is currently in the market for Ms. PacMan (stand up counsel only) if you know of anyone that has one for sale.

All over ebay and craig's list. Plenty available to ship, too. A buddy of mine won a "Tron" machine with one ticket in a raffle when we were kids. After having that for years, he traded it in on the defender sequel. If I had to choose a console video game, I'd be getting either Ikari Warriors, Gallaga, or Spy Hunter.

east tx skier
10-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Neighbor's got one. Paid a pretty penny for a supposedly high demand Adam's Family machine about 2-3 years ago. Pretty fun but yes, definately high maintenance. He's a skilled engineer and does some of it himself, but getting parts and certain repairs done has been costly. One of those things that seems really cool when your buddy owns it. Kinda like a boat.

From my reading, it's the best seller of all time. They will run you around $4,000 or so.

east tx skier
10-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Dad has had a couple.. He may still have one, but nobody knows.. Nobody can get into his basement to find out.. Collector of everything.. I don't remember him ever having anyone out to fix them. And we (his chillins) were rough on them I'm sure.. but that was at least 12 yrs ago...

I'll bet speculation is high as to what's down there.

sanjuan23
10-19-2006, 05:27 PM
All over ebay and craig's list. Plenty available to ship, too. A buddy of mine won a "Tron" machine with one ticket in a raffle when we were kids. After having that for years, he traded it in on the defender sequel. If I had to choose a console video game, I'd be getting either Ikari Warriors, Gallaga, or Spy Hunter.

Those would be my first choices as well!

Archimedes
10-19-2006, 05:27 PM

You can get a lot of these games for PS2 and the gameplay's near identical to the arcade game. My son's got the disk with Galaxian, Galaga, Ms. PacMan, DigDug and Pole Position. Galaxian is so addicting.

Monte
10-19-2006, 05:30 PM
I'll bet speculation is high as to what's down there.

More like fear.. It drives my mom crazy...

M-Funf
10-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Gottlieb "Genie" widebody here...I bought this beauty in 1989. It's been through 6 moves, and the motherboard has been replaced by a PI-1 board made in France by a pinball enthusiast. The new board added new features, and fixed some of the annoying problems with the electronics. Works like a champ...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p85e5c643e33ee9e513828bd87524e0fe/ec73bf13.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p206f95f2669ffd186692223ebbfa2099/ec73bf02.jpg

And the backglass art aint bad, either :rolleyes: (does this belong in the swimsuit thread???)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p9ae20d49fb6416e8359bc8e24c7e2025/ec73b91b.jpg

east tx skier
10-19-2006, 05:33 PM
You can get a lot of these games for PS2 and the gameplay's near identical to the arcade game. My son's got the disk with Galaxian, Galaga, Ms. PacMan, DigDug and Pole Position. Galaxian is so addicting.

Yeah, and for around $20 t'boot. I keep telling my buddy that, but truth be told, I'd prefer that he have the sweet console to go with his pinball, ping pong table and pop-a-shot that will lower down into the stairwell.

Very sick gameroom indeed.

east tx skier
10-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Gottlieb "Genie" widebody here...I bought this beauty in 1989. It's been through 6 moves, and the motherboard has been replaced by a PI-1 board made in France by a pinball enthusiast. The new board added new features, and fixed some of the annoying problems with the electronics. Works like a champ...

Looks like it's in fantastic shape.

M-Funf
10-19-2006, 05:37 PM

True, most VIDEO games can be reproduced to be nearly identical to the arcade originals. But PINBALL is a completely different animal. You just can't beat the sound and feel of a good pinball machine. Especially with an electronic version.

The new pinballs are good, but I really like the old ones...they are getting tougher to find, though.

M-Funf
10-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Looks like it's in fantastic shape.

She's in great shape. I've replaced most of the rubber, and I wax the playfield about twice a year...That's pretty much all it takes.

I'm looking to add another machine soon...I'm thinking either "Black Knight" as a more modern game, or "Fireball" as a true classic...

If anybody knows where I can find a "Solar Quest" arcade video, that would be SWEET, too...:cool:

TMCNo1
10-19-2006, 05:41 PM

And I think I just edited my quote.

You are starting to have "Senior Moments" even at your age, this was yesterday!
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=257491&postcount=29

Jus funnin' wich ya eastie!

André
10-19-2006, 06:14 PM
She's in great shape. I've replaced most of the rubber, and I wax the playfield about twice a year...That's pretty much all it takes.

I'm looking to add another machine soon...I'm thinking either "Black Knight" as a more modern game, or "Fireball" as a true classic...

If anybody knows where I can find a "Solar Quest" arcade video, that would be SWEET, too...:cool:

I used to own a couples of videogames,pool tables and pinballs when i was in my twenties.
Black Night was one of the last machine i bought and i had a lot of problems with it.Multi level,multi balls,something was always broken on that machine.
I would try to find an "8 ball","Phoenix",Evil Kneivil" (sp) type of machine.Still electronics but less bells and whistles to broke.
I always liked the pinballs with a lot of targets that goes down when you hit them...and spinners that are 1000 points...when lit!:D
Good luck in your search!
Call some old companies of game rentals,sure they got lot of them in the barn...

point1234
10-19-2006, 07:35 PM
I got a Jurassic Park pinball bought it off ebay about a year ago. Its awesome the t-rex dinosaur comes down and eats the pinball. I can say one thing there is alot to maintain. and to get some to come and fix it is very costly. But i did find someone locally that is cheaper and did a good job when i lost a couple of flippers. All in all its a pretty cool thing its not to bad if you are some what handy, have done some work on the machine myself.

mrG
10-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Working on pinball machines especially old ones, is an art. Lots of relays,switches, and solenoids to maintain.

BuoyChaser
10-19-2006, 08:19 PM
def'n Spy Hunter, that thing got more of my savings of quarters i would have bought my '05 197 a lot sooner than i did!!!

boatwake
10-20-2006, 07:50 AM
I have two old school Gottlieb machines that my father passed down to me. They have been a real challenge to keep running, but worth the effort. Parts are not too difficult to find.

djhuff
10-20-2006, 08:04 AM
A friend had an analog one growing up. Scores on number wheels and such. That thing never ran. He would get it fixed, we'd play it for a few weeks, then the scores would quit resetting back to 0 when the game was over.

I remember hours of playing Galaga though. Fun times.

BIGBADBLUE
10-20-2006, 08:30 AM
No pinball machine here, however, I have an original Galaga upright. It rocks!!! Going back to the early '80's every night. My kids think it is boring and th graphics are weak. What do they know.

boatless
10-20-2006, 08:56 AM
A few years back I bit on a kizz pin ball machine on ebay. Didn't get it cause my max bit was only $5,000.00. I can't believe that people has so much money into these machine. I am still looking around for an opportunity for another kizz pin ball machine.

boatless.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-20-2006, 09:19 AM
HEY! this is cool, get this: I have an old pinball machine from the 60's with a waterskiing motif. its freakin cool!! got 60's style artwork of chicks waterskiing on it. I love that old beast! I havent played it in a while, I think I will fire it up this weekend!:) Challenge Ms. UMP to a game. Of course, I will have to jam out "Pinball Wizard" on the stereo for the occasion8p (alright, alright,we dont need any UMP is deaf, dumb, and blind jokes8p, but I may have crazy flipper fingers......DONCHANO!)

Danimal
10-20-2006, 09:28 AM
I would love to get my hands on an 8 Ball Deluxe machine but from what I have heard they are a hot commodity and there aren't that many around. You will pay a pretty penny to find one in good condition.

Danimal
10-20-2006, 09:29 AM
sorry for the double post - Doug can you delete the first one? Thanks

Maristar210
10-20-2006, 09:38 AM

Eastie,

I own one I bought off E-bay when when built the rec room in our previous home for $850

When we first got it we played the crap out of that thing. I did have some trouble with mine and had to have a tech come fix it but it was not too bad of a gouging.

The model I have is made by Williams I believe and it is Peter Pan.

I says "I'll get you Peter Pan" my son likes it when he says that LOL

Steve

LakePirate
10-20-2006, 10:10 AM
30 posts before any mention of Tommy. :noface:

/how sassy was Ann-Margret :love:

If anybody has the sit-in version of pole position II out there I would take it off of their hands.

10-20-2006, 10:18 AM

If anybody has the sit-in version of pole position II out there I would take it off of their hands.
YOu might be able to fit your hammock in there.....:confused:

bcampbe7
10-20-2006, 10:18 AM
My brothers girlfriend owns an arcade business in the Savannah, GA area. She has all kinds of games in her warehouse. Not sure which ones though.

10-20-2006, 10:20 AM
My brothers girlfriend owns an arcade business in the Savannah, GA area. She has all kinds of games in her warehouse. Not sure which ones though.
My sisters cousins brothers former room mate.......

Whatever you say, Dark Helmet8p

bcampbe7
10-20-2006, 10:24 AM
My sisters cousins brothers former room mate.......

Whatever you say, Dark Helmet8p

Your right UMP, I meant to say my brother-in-law.... My bad. :D

mpm32
10-20-2006, 10:40 AM
No pins but I built this from scratch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/mpm32/Cab.jpg

I will have a pin someday.

Monte
10-20-2006, 10:43 AM
No pins but I built this from scratch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/mpm32/Cab.jpg

I will have a pin someday.

that's impressive:rolleyes:

east tx skier
10-20-2006, 11:15 AM
A few years back I bit on a kizz pin ball machine on ebay. Didn't get it cause my max bit was only $5,000.00. I can't believe that people has so much money into these machine. I am still looking around for an opportunity for another kizz pin ball machine.

boatless.

Here you go. Bet they will get it to your door for around $300.

http://www.gameroomwarehouse.com/pinball/kiss.html

east tx skier
10-20-2006, 11:18 AM

One of my closest friends growing up had "Tommy" at his house. His dad sold it when he went to college much to his regret.

BrianM
10-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Here you go. Bet they will get it to your door for around $300.

http://www.gameroomwarehouse.com/pinball/kiss.html

My uncle used to have one just like that in his living room. Wonder if he still does haven't talked to him in a long time.

M-Funf
10-20-2006, 04:05 PM
I would love to get my hands on an 8 Ball Deluxe machine but from what I have heard they are a hot commodity and there aren't that many around. You will pay a pretty penny to find one in good condition.

Just $2,595!

8 ball deluxe (http://www.gameroomwarehouse.com/pinball/8balldeluxe.html)

BuoyChaser
10-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Just $2,595!

my father-in-law would love that, billiards is to him what slalom is to me!!!

M-Funf
10-20-2006, 04:19 PM
I have two old school Gottlieb machines that my father passed down to me. They have been a real challenge to keep running, but worth the effort. Parts are not too difficult to find.

My machine is also Gottlieb. If you ever run into main board or power supply board trouble, check out this guy's website. He's designed and built aftermarket boards for both...

Pascal Janin PI-1 Gottlieb System 1 CPU (http://www.pinball.ch/replay/pascal-pi-1.html)

There's also a link on his page to another company that makes a replacement CPU board (Ni-Wumph)

Teamoro
10-20-2006, 08:00 PM
I have a classic Bally Old Chicago that we've owned for about 20 years; great old mechanical machine; everyone loves playing it; very reliable but do call in a maintenance guy about once a year for about $75 to keep it tuned up; had some newer electronic Pballs, Supersonic, Star Trek many years ago; lots of fun but not as unique as the old classic machine; all were relatively reliable because they're all commercial machines that are designed for thousands of plays.
My experience has been... these machines are generally very reliable; Bally anyways....

Hoosier Bob
10-20-2006, 09:27 PM
By the way not to Hoosier the thread but "Pinball Machines" are highly erotic! Hot babe playing pinball? Can't think of a better way to start the evening. That being said if I find and decide to this is the one I would want:
http://marvin3m.com/baseball/pitbat.htm
PS anyone else have one of these experiences playing pinball?:o
Let's just say it was hot in there!

Here is a much better machine! I would love to have this baby in my game room!:D
http://shootagainamusements.com/baseball2.html

M-Funf
10-23-2006, 07:52 PM
By the way not to Hoosier the thread but "Pinball Machines" are highly erotic! Hot babe playing pinball? Can't think of a better way to start the evening. That being said if I find and decide to this is the one I would want:
http://marvin3m.com/baseball/pitbat.htm
PS anyone else have one of these experiences playing pinball?:o
Let's just say it was hot in there!

Here is a much better machine! I would love to have this baby in my game room!:D
http://shootagainamusements.com/baseball2.html

They used to have a Pitch and Hit at The Boardwalk in Santa Cruz years back. They actually had lots of older pin's...

I got motivated over the weekend and cleaned up Genie...ended up playing after we got home from dinner Satrurday night until almost midnight...

east tx skier
10-23-2006, 08:33 PM
They used to have a Pitch and Hit at The Boardwalk in Santa Cruz years back. They actually had lots of older pin's...

I got motivated over the weekend and cleaned up Genie...ended up playing after we got home from dinner Satrurday night until almost midnight...

It's been a long time, but I had some fun nights on the boardwalk in Santa Cruz for the week I spent there when I was a kid. The Giant Dipper was a blast.

/Lost Boys anyone?

Hoosier Bob
10-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Ocean City, MD for me. Wish it was still that way and me and the parents were loading up in the 1967 GTO for a week at Ocean City! Lived in Baltimore at the time and was very young. Boardwalk seemed endless and every AM you awoke to a perfectly prepared beach. Graters would run all night. Loved the smell of the new rubber raft you got every year but hated that it would take 2 weeks for my nipples to heal!:o

X2M
10-23-2006, 11:28 PM
Do any of you have a Pachinko pinball machine?

We have a working vintage machine from the '50's (I think). Was passed down to us from family who got it in Japan.

Fun little game.

:)

BrianM
10-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Do any of you have a Pachinko pinball machine?

We have a working vintage machine from the '50's (I think). Was passed down to us from family who got it in Japan.

Fun little game.

:)

I used to have some friends that had one of those. They are very fun. I would love to have one. From what I know about them they are basicly a Japanese slot machine. The little balls are a type of token.

Danimal
10-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Just $2,595!

Still a little out of my price range at this point in time. Great link, though!! Thanks