PDA

View Full Version : looking for small side decals for 88 ps

rolly
12-13-2004, 09:22 PM
can somebody guide me where i can can original decals that go on each side of the boat near the back ,not the large mastercaft but the smaller ones that say prostar 190
thanks

Farmer Ted
12-13-2004, 10:36 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/html2005/

Look to the bottom right corner, enter your zip code in the find your dealer and give your dealer a call.

You could also probably get some fake ones off of Ebay.

Good luck!

Footin
12-14-2004, 07:59 AM
It would not suprise me if Rambo Marine has them in stock, they have a bunch of the OE stickers.

rolly
12-15-2004, 09:35 AM
do you have an é-mail to reach them ,i ame in canada and they could send them to me post
thanks rolly

Lance
12-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Rambo Marine...

Web Adress: http://www.rambomarine.com
Phone: (256) 828 - 3590
Email: Info@Rambomarine.com

These guys are great. I highly recommend them for all parts isses.

Lance

jsonova99
12-16-2004, 08:52 AM
I'm getting ready to order a set of decals for my '91 PS190, and I'm curious how hard they are to put on. I'm also wondering what the best way is to remove the old ones, because they don't seem like they want to come off. Any tips or recommendations that anyone has for putting these on would be greatly appreciated, because I am very nervous about doing it myself. :confused:

rolly
12-16-2004, 08:01 PM
thanks for the émail i sent him the info will see what happens

milkmania
12-17-2004, 06:43 PM
I'm getting ready to order a set of decals for my '91 PS190, and I'm curious how hard they are to put on. I'm also wondering what the best way is to remove the old ones, because they don't seem like they want to come off. Any tips or recommendations that anyone has for putting these on would be greatly appreciated, because I am very nervous about doing it myself. :confused:
When I replaced my registration numbers, I borrowed a heat gun from a buddy...

I started out very cautiously because I didn't know how the gel coat would react.

before it was all over, I found out it would take quite a bit of heat.
all numbers and letters removed from both sides in less than 5 minutes.

just gotta soften them up:)

Ryan
12-20-2004, 01:31 AM
All you need is a hair dryer, a plastic and or metal putty knife, and some masking tape.

I removed mine with my wife's hair dryer and a plastic and a metal putty knife and of course my finger nails to get a few of the more oxidiged/damaged letters started. My transom decals were the worst. It took me two hours to get all of that off. You only need enough heat to soften the vinyl and adhesive enough so that you can pull each letter off in one piece. I did use a little SimpleGreen to remove just a few small spots of of residual adhesive.

Before applying the main side decals I buffed with 3M cleaner with a rubbing compound to reduce any oxidation, then made sure the gelcoat was free of wax, dirt, or waterspots (I used SimpleGreen again).

Before removing the wax-paper sheet I taped the decals to the boat and marked the edges and corners with short pieces of masking tape to so that I accurately line up the transfer sheet. I recomend cutting vertical slits around the middle of the transfer sheet or simply cut them in half (that's what I did) so that you follow the curvature of the hull. If you just put them on there is a chance of having a rising slope.

After removing the wax-paper I started from the front and pressed towards the transom one letter at a time, a second pair of hands is helpful, then used the plastic putty knife to press out any air bubbles. Some people have recomended to use StikerON! and StickerOFF! wich cleans then allows you to wet the adhesive so that the decals can be slid around for corrections. I did not find it necessary and I did not want to jeopardize the adhesive. I actually pulled up a corner of two letters to let bubbles out then re-pressed.

Good luck. The hardest part for me was knowing there was only one shot, I probably held my breath for each decal. Post some picks when you get your new decals on.

BuoyChaser
09-04-2005, 11:55 AM
we're trying to match the registration boat numbers on two '05 197's, one we need Pro Tour Red and the other we need Montery Blue...any sources to match these colors exactly???maybe even an accent gray strip around it to give it some depth...

especially to match the same style as the "197" logo...