PDA

View Full Version : Rain pole's on 06 X2

slink976
10-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Okay so it finally started to rain a bit down here. I am still in the ski season as far as I can tell. So I am not ready to winterize as of yet.

My pressing question is; how do I set up the 2 rain poles that came with my cover? And if you can answer with pictures you get a bunch of bonus points.

I just got back from NorCal (Went up to watch the San Diego SUPER Chargers whoop the hell out 49ers) and it rained down here. When I got back the front of the boat (cover on) had a big puddle of water on it. At the back on each side of the ski pylon there where puddles.

So you see..... I am an idiot thats needs alittle help :( lol

Also, since your reading this... Does your cover completly cover the metal mastercraft plate on the back? My cover seems really tight, but this is the first time I have had a semi pickle fork before.

Hey all thanks in advance for all the help that I know is on it's way
Lee

erkoehler
10-18-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm on it tomorrow....pics and all :)

slink976
10-18-2006, 09:55 PM
you rock erk!

Mag_Red
10-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Did you get that gismo with all the straps attached??? If so, I found my cover still puddled between the engine cover (DD) and the rear sun pad.

slink976
10-18-2006, 10:12 PM
I got a VDrive, but yes there are white straps and black straps, didn't see any brown straps but that i'll have to talk to MC about!

erkoehler
10-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Did you get that gismo with all the straps attached??? If so, I found my cover still puddled between the engine cover (DD) and the rear sun pad.

Remind me of this when I'm down there next....I'll show you how to cover your boat:D

There is alittle trick I've found that works well on the 197/209.;)

erkoehler
10-18-2006, 10:14 PM
I got a VDrive, but yes there are white straps and black straps, didn't see any brown straps but that i'll have to talk to MC about!

White and black is all you'll get......don't let water pool in the cover, it will "stretch" and you'll have constant problems after that.

I'll get you pics tomorrow, and it is pouring out right now! I guess we'll see if I did a good job covering it :)

Mag_Red
10-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Remind me of this when I'm down there next....I'll show you how to cover your boat:D

There is alittle trick I've found that works well on the 197/209.;)
Yeah....keep it out of the rain:D

slink976
10-18-2006, 10:16 PM
But if we leave out the brown straps we are leaving out a good percentage of the world population, politically correct speaking!

Doug G
10-18-2006, 11:21 PM
On the x-30 the white straps go to the front interior o-**** handles and the black straps go to the rear cleats. I have a puddle problem in the rear ( I have the stretch Erk refers to) someone on here suggested adjusting the puddle poles front. That combined with some bungies to pull out the stretch keep it dry now.

Leroy
10-19-2006, 12:02 AM
I think this is a more common problem. It took me awhile to figure out push the two poles as high as possible and then there were certain areas that needed to be TIGHT on the cover. For me the back two straps and then the pull downs ~next to the v-drive pylon and the straps next to the front pole.

erkoehler
10-19-2006, 12:08 AM
If you have a direct drive, also try covering with the rear seat in the upright position...I've found that to help as well.

In addition to that, make sure that the bow is higher than the stern when it is parked.

ecelis
10-19-2006, 05:52 AM
On the X-Star, which I believe is very similar to the X2, I only use one of the white straps in the rear and attach it to te ski-pylon. I only use one pole in the front. No puddling at all.
Maybe a problem if there is no ski-pylon ?

ecelis
10-19-2006, 05:52 AM
<deleted> double post

djhuff
10-19-2006, 07:54 AM
I've had two boats and three covers. They work great until you get that real downpour, then they puddle and stretch, and the next misting rain will still puddle. It's almost like once you lose that nice new tight fitting, they puddle. I've rigged two more poles beside the main pole to keep this from happening. This is the reason for this winter's project... garage/carport for the boat.

rick s.
10-19-2006, 01:07 PM
I have the same problem with the x45 cover. Usually I'm pretty good with figuring things out, but for the life of me can't seem to figure out the whole pole / strap combination thingy...

erkoehler
10-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Did you guys read the instructions that came with the cover:confused:

slink976
10-19-2006, 01:16 PM
none came with mine.

M-Funf
10-19-2006, 01:27 PM
...I just got back from NorCal (Went up to watch the San Diego SUPER Chargers whoop the hell out 49ers) and it rained down here...
Lee

not that it's too hard to beat the hell out of the 49ers...;)

Do you really winterize your boat? Winterizing for me means putting it back in the barn, dropping about a dozen dryer sheets into the cockpit, take the battery out, and making sure the cover is on well...that's it...

That way, if we get a warm spell mid-winter, I can always just yank it out of the barn and go for a spin!

slink976
10-19-2006, 01:38 PM
I actually don't even do that. The longest run that I have gone w/o using is 3 weeks. Down here in SD it is ski season year round. Might not be trunkin all year but I ski year round!

rick s.
10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Did you guys read the instructions that came with the cover:confused:

lots of times. Still made no sense. Pictures are worth 1000's of words...

endl
10-19-2006, 03:33 PM
I have the same problem with the x45 cover. Usually I'm pretty good with figuring things out, but for the life of me can't seem to figure out the whole pole / strap combination thingy...
Short pole with white straps attached go to the front cleats, place black strap over window attached to tall pole, center tall pole and attach to rear center pylon. should be tight pull to get around rear pylon. Start at front place cover around superfly front roll backward securing cover over cleats. Pull it over the back, then go back and secure velcro around tower and snap buckles around tower. Secure back straps and side straps then ratchet tight. Your done. I run a small squirll cage type fan inside mine and helps dry any water left in the boat as well as dry the cover when it get wet.

slink976
10-19-2006, 03:34 PM
lots of times. Still made no sense. Pictures are worth 1000's of words...

Must be cuase we are Californian!

erkoehler
10-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Ok, here are some pics of the 2006 X-2 that we have for sale. This is a used boat, so the cover has been used all summer by a customer of ours.

erkoehler
10-19-2006, 05:16 PM

erkoehler
10-19-2006, 05:16 PM