PDA

View Full Version : Dog owners- Do your dog(s) sleep in your bed?

mitch
10-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Dog owners- Do your dog(s) sleep in your bed?

Brent
10-18-2006, 07:08 PM
No , but I do let them sleep on top of it sometimes.:)

BuoyChaser
10-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Dog owners- Do your dog(s) sleep in your bed?
nope, especially if they are "barn" dogs...besides rolling in manure pile, if a fox frequents your area they can get mange!!!

tough for humans to get if kept clean, but vet warned us if the dog had slept in our bed...

so we're on the hunt for that mange-y fox that killed our chickens!!!

Archimedes
10-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Sometimes. My girl's about 70 lbs., so you notice she's there and she takes up a lot of space. She usually hits my 7 year old son's room first for about an hour till he's asleep, then to my daughter for about an hour until she nods off, then she heads for our bed. Wifey usually puts her in a crate we keep in our room. When the wifey's outta town, I let the dog sleep anywhere she wants. But my dog's a short haired beauty and very clean.

milkmania
10-18-2006, 08:02 PM
only one b***h in my bed

River Rat
10-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Yes...our dog is not very big so she sleeps at the foot of the bed. :rolleyes:

Datdude
10-18-2006, 08:51 PM
98% of the time our dog sleeps in her crate in our room. On a rare occasion she gets to sleep outside the crate. The problem is that she is restless in the night. She goes from the bed to the floor to the bed to the floor to the bed about 100 times per night. She is a 70lb lab/husky mix and you feel her jump up onto the bed. The other issue is her fur trail that she leaves behind. Continually vacuuming the bed is not fun. The crate works much better:D

88 PS190
10-18-2006, 09:09 PM
We have a jack russel, you could tell them no, but they just burrow to the bottom so it doesn't bug me at all.

Not a barn dog, but she will kill things.

6ballsisall
10-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Our yellow lab and German Shorthair use to sleep in our bed. We since have got them broke and they sleep in very nice dog beds on the floor. It's amazing how small a king size bed feels w/ 2 large dogs and two people in it........we sleep SO much better now.:rolleyes:

trickskier
10-18-2006, 09:32 PM
No way NOT in my BED!!! I love my dog, but she has her own bed!

erkoehler
10-18-2006, 10:10 PM
No chance....sometimes he'll sleep on the floor next to my bed.

Doug G
10-18-2006, 10:17 PM
:rolleyes: Where's the yes and wish they didn't option ...

The 13yo lab doesn't anymore but the 2yo beagle has moved in ... Most of the time stays at the foot of the bed but usually when I don't want to he decides it's time for some belly scratching ...

The boss likes the beagle on the bed so I obediently (see also married for 17 years) agree :rolleyes:

Leroy
10-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Every night our 70 pound lab sleeps with us. Normally she lays between my legs. If we camp she is there also. Great companion!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-18-2006, 10:56 PM
when my parents had their dachshund, I would dog sit for them if they went out of town, and the dog always crawled under all the covers, plunked his fat arse directly in the middle of hte bed, and it was MY job to find a comfortable place to sleep around the dog. My back would get all sore from sleeping crooked. One fall night it was really warm, so I left the windows open in the bed room, the dog decided to sleep on top of the covers for a change since it was warm I guess. well during the night, it got way cold, and was freezing in the room, the dog was a freezecat and wanted to stay warm, so I wake up in the morning and the dog had wedged himself between me and my pillow. how the he11 he did that without waking me up was a trick. Dogs are a hoot!

tex
10-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Our new dog sleeps great in out bed. She just chills and usually never wakes us. My old dog(80 lb dalmation-Jimmy Buffett) would crawl under the covers and sleep at our feet.

88 PS190
10-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Our dog is an odd one, she will sleep downstairs if someone isn't home yet, but as soon as everyone is home she tends to find a bed spot.

And she's possessive about it when she's comfortable.

Trouble, but she knows she has to listen to me, other family members not so much.

jimmer2880
10-19-2006, 06:27 AM
Nope. Too much hair. I wish my wife would let her sleep in the room, but it never fails - 2am, she decides it's time to give herself a bath. It doesn't bother me, but it wakes my wife up. I'd like it if she slept in the kids rooms though. She used to sleep at the end of the hall between all the rooms. But, then she started sleeping on the couch or chair. Since we don't let her on furniture at all (heck - I spend more time on the carpet than the couch), we had to start letting her sleep in the basement.

jlf
10-19-2006, 08:42 AM
we have always made our border collie sleep in his crate when we were gone or at night. this past weekend we started experimenting with letting him sleep wherever he wants at night, EXCEPT in our bed. He usually goes for the couch or the recliner. The husband puts the smack down when he tries to get in bed with us. I'm cool with it though, he is spoiled enough, the couch is already an upgrade from his crate.

peason
10-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Our Mini-Schnauzer yes. Our larger schnauzer-lab mix no- he stays in his crate. If we had both of them in the same room we would never get any sleep - they would play all night.

richardsoncd
10-19-2006, 08:53 AM
My two dogs seem to know when I am hammered and in pass out state, because about every other time this happens they jump in bed and I wake up hanging off the bed...they are not small dogs. The girlfriend lets them up when I'm not around...not a big fan of that.

LakePirate
10-19-2006, 09:02 AM
I get to sleep in the Coon Dog's bed.

Me and him on one half, wife on the other.

Had him broke of it, but the wife would let him jump up into bed when I would head off to work. Next thing you know up there at night. He doesn't even wait on us to go to bed. When he is ready, he will be asleep with his head on my pillow all stretched out. I will have to take a pic.

richardsoncd
10-19-2006, 09:03 AM
I get to sleep in the Coon Dog's bed.

Me and him on one half, wife on the other.

Had him broke of it, but the wife would let him jump up into bed when I would head off to work. Next thing you know up there at night. He doesn't even wait on us to go to bed. When he is ready, he will be asleep with his head on my pillow all stretched out. I will have to take a pic.

I feel your pain, at least you don't have two

Ric
10-19-2006, 09:03 AM
. no .

captain planet
10-19-2006, 09:19 AM
When we got our dog, I told my wife she wasn't going to be allowed to be upstairs. My wife insisted that the dog be allowed upstairs. Then I said the dog was not allowed in the bed, which was fine until the dog got too big to crawl under the bed. Then one night I find that my wife brought our dog into the bed. I protested, however 3 years and 3 months later our lab still sleeps in the bed. Other than the hair I don't mind, our dog is great.

Guys, if you don't want the dog in the bed, don't let it happen even once.

Tryin-again
10-19-2006, 09:21 AM
. no .

Threadjack...... RIC - are you still around -- or did you wash into the GOM?.... I guess ya'll got pounded again last night....

Good luck - Don't drive thru those low water crossings unless your in the MC.........

sanjuan23
10-19-2006, 09:23 AM
So I thought I had the only wierd dog that loved sleeping under the covers. Dog (Mini-Schnauzer) slept in his own bed till we were bed striken after the accident last year. You spend that much time sleeping in bed all day sooner or later the dog figures, "Hell they're doped up let's give this a shot!" Now I am convinced the wife would rather me sleep on the floor than the dam dog!

kdr
10-19-2006, 09:31 AM
My dogs are allowed on the bed until lights out, then they have to go to their own beds. Only exception is if my wife or I are out of town, then they can stay on the bed.

BrianM
10-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Our two German Shorthairs are not allowed in bed. In fact they are not allowed on the carpet which is only in the bedroms. My female sleeps in her crate without the door closed. My male was sleeping on the couch but we are putting an end to that. Basicly the rule in our house for the dogs is 4 on the floor and no carpet.

sizzler
10-19-2006, 09:47 AM
my old english mastiff was 250+lbs....he slept wherever the f### he liked.....:D

in truth tho'.....he slept downstairs and guarded the house.....no upstairs for him....

RexDog1
10-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Never, to much hair, and to big
I with Milk, one B.tch is enough!!!!!!

Sizzler…OMG 250 Lbs????? wow:eek3: you have some photos?

Jwhitsett1129
10-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Only when the GF is away. Seems unfair to me though, as I had the dog first, but I keep that one to myself :D

Danimal
10-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Absolutely Not - Our German Shorthair sleeps in his crate. He isn't even allowed on the furniture. He is only 5 months old and is 43 lbs. If my wife had her way he would be sleeping in the bed and I would be in the crate. He is such a good boy, in fact, that when he is tired (which is rarely) he goes and lays down in the crate on his own. He feels safe in there.

jkski
10-19-2006, 10:36 AM
2 Great Danes.......... therefore they have their own bedroom and bed!
They like to believe that they are lap dogs, however the reality is far from it.

Monte
10-19-2006, 10:43 AM
No way! two labs... 70 lbs each..

BrianM
10-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Absolutely Not - Our German Shorthair sleeps in his crate. He isn't even allowed on the furniture. He is only 5 months old and is 43 lbs. If my wife had her way he would be sleeping in the bed and I would be in the crate. He is such a good boy, in fact, that when he is tired (which is rarely) he goes and lays down in the crate on his own. He feels safe in there.
Lets see a picture of that puppy! Love to see other peoples GSPs. I don't think we will ever own another breed.

My female is the same way. She loves her crate. We are trying to ween her off of it though because she is fine in the house by herself but we are tired of having a big old crate in the house.

Danimal
10-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Lets see a picture of that puppy! Love to see other peoples GSPs. I don't think we will ever own another breed.

My female is the same way. She loves her crate. We are trying to ween her off of it though because she is fine in the house by herself but we are tired of having a big old crate in the house.

Our digital camera took a crap and we haven't replaced it yet. I do have some pictures that I can scan and post them. I would love to ween Sully off of his crate but as you know, he is just too rambunctious to leave roam the house. We run him every day to burn up some of the puppy energy but he seems to outlast us. I'm sure you can relate!

east tx skier
10-19-2006, 11:22 AM
My last dog, Golden Retriever, did once when she was a puppy during a bad thunderstorm. After that, she slept on the floor by the bed. I can't deal with all that hair in the bed.

Danimal
10-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Hey Brian - Sully looks VERY close to this dog. The markings and ticking is almost identical

loeweb
10-19-2006, 11:41 AM
My 50 pound street hound seems to sneak into bed with us around 6:00 or 6:30 to let us know its time to get up and let her out. great alarm clock I guess.

BrianM
10-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Good looking dog but then again I might be biased.

Looks kinda like my girl.

Danimal
10-19-2006, 11:43 AM
WOW - very close to ours. Great lookin' girl!!

123src
10-19-2006, 11:47 AM
The night usually starts with me and me wife alone in our king size bed, but somehow by the morning we have been joined by the 11 year old chocolate lab, the 4 month old yellow lab, and the three year old child(my son). It really sucks. It was nice when it was just me and the older lab, but now I wake up without any room to move.:cry:

here is a pic for size reference:

Ric
10-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Threadjack...... RIC - are you still around -- or did you wash into the GOM?.... I guess ya'll got pounded again last night....

Good luck - Don't drive thru those low water crossings unless your in the MC......... yep and I think this one may have flooded our ski lake

Threadjackoff

Hey lady, Nice Dog...........

Jwhitsett1129
10-19-2006, 12:40 PM
My 50 pound street hound seems to sneak into bed with us around 6:00 or 6:30 to let us know its time to get up and let her out. great alarm clock I guess.

Street hound? Pardon my ignorance, but does that mean she was a stray? If so that is fantastic. I picked my dog up off the street and have no idea what she is. She is a beautiful dog and everyone always asks me what she is...now I have an answer :D

billr
10-19-2006, 03:14 PM
I can't pick up our 106 pound chocolate lab, so the answer is no. He sleeps on his big round bed on the floor.

André
10-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Only when she comes to bed with some gifts for me!!!

Footin
10-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Yes, my fat Daucsand (weiner dog), Wally, sleeps in our bed.

BrianM
10-19-2006, 06:05 PM
. I do have some pictures that I can scan and post them. I would love to ween Sully off of his crate but as you know, he is just too rambunctious to leave roam the house. We run him every day to burn up some of the puppy energy but he seems to outlast us. I'm sure you can relate!

They have a very LOOOOONG puppy stage. My male was 4 1/2 before I trusted him in the house alone now he is bullet proof. I have left him in the house for 15 hours before with no problems. He spent about 10 minutes relieving himself after that one. My female is 3 1/2 and she is now perfectly trustworthy as well. Last year that wouldn't have been the case though. Great dogs though as long as you cn deal with the activity.

TX.X-30 fan
10-19-2006, 07:07 PM

Who wears that little white string tee.

André
10-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Who wears that little white string tee.
Hey,a guy have the right to dress sexy sometimes too!:)
Actually,still in the wrapping,new model doesn't fit in it!;)

BuoyChaser
10-19-2006, 08:13 PM
nice duds, always thought with this type of response on dogs, and being in LAX southwest terminal with their "Doggie Boutique" noticed the "Harley" gear for dogs including hats and tshirts, why not have dog stuff???

masterline sells the dog leash ski handles which are great!!!

Davo
10-19-2006, 08:20 PM
my old english mastiff was 250+lbs....he slept wherever the f### he liked.....:D
lol...that wasn't an option, but I see your point.

My dog used to until I got married. Little bastard would steel the pillow too.

André
10-19-2006, 08:21 PM
You're in L.A. now?

BuoyChaser
10-19-2006, 08:25 PM
You're in L.A. now?
nahhh, just flew back and had some time to kill...was bummed they had these wicked cool harley hats for dogs in SM-MD-LG and no boating stuff...figure as a waterski/wakeboard whole we've got to equal the same market as harley dudes???