PDA

View Full Version : DNA testing: what you should know

lakes Rick
12-13-2004, 06:57 PM
This is taken from a magazine I only get for the articles and not for the pictures......

los angeles: In 1996 L.A. County told Manuel Navarro that a woman had identified him as the father of her newborn twins. A Judge ordered him to pay monthly child support.. Five years later, when a DNA test showed that Navarro was NOT the father, he asked a court to set aside the judgement. Because such appeals must be filed WITHIN 6 MONTHS, the county argued that Navarro still had to pay..
Ricks comments: Nothing to do with who's the daddy, OUR tax dollars at work supporting WOMEN, and clearly NOT THE MAN, and ITS ALL about keeping women off the welfare rolls..

Continue from the article..
An appeal court ruled otherwise. ( First time I have heard of this).. BUT Undeterred, the county officials have asked the state supreme court to "de-publish" the decision so it can't be used as precedent in similar cases.. ( and you think the system is NOT gender biased??)

They have reason to be concerned. In its most recent annual survey of accredited DNA centers, the American Association of Blood Banks found that 29 percent of 340,798 men tested were NOT the father...

This article was reprinted out of the Dec. 04 playboy magazine..

OK everyone that means that 98,831 women WRONGLY accused a man of being the father of her child...

DNA a mans best friend....

Mag_Red
12-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Child Support.....where the man is guilty until proven otherwise. :rolleyes: Thank god my daughter is almost 16 now. I would have done a better job than the ex is doing, but it's always the court's decision that the child is best left with the mother. :rolleyes:

DanC
12-13-2004, 08:10 PM
There are rare cases.
I filed two months ago. My original petition was for mutual visitation rights and I retained custody of our two teenagers. When the judge heard 15 seconds of my story (my wife didn't show up for the hearing) he cut me off and said he was amending the agreement and gave her NO visitation rights. :woohoo:

H20skeefreek
12-13-2004, 08:36 PM
There are rare cases.
I filed two months ago. My original petition was for mutual visitation rights and I retained custody of our two teenagers. When the judge heard 15 seconds of my story (my wife didn't show up for the hearing) he cut me off and said he was amending the agreement and gave her NO visitation rights. :woohoo:

wow, your ex must really be a biatch.

lakes Rick
12-13-2004, 10:09 PM
GO Dan C....

The laws are changing VERY SLOWLY...

jimmer2880
12-14-2004, 06:13 AM
There are rare cases.
WOW! Wonderful! Glad for you.

My buddy's ex is a coke addict who stabbed my buddy with a ski pole (it went deep into his body) & STILL won custody. He finally won it back last year when his son was 5 years old! 5 Years to defeat a coke addict.... what's wrong with this system!

lakes Rick
12-16-2004, 12:58 AM
Pretty scary the power women have in our system to change laws and make new ones..
Just think of how they changed the laws after they got into the workplace.... Now we men are scared to say or do much of anything anymore.....

BriEOD
12-16-2004, 09:29 AM
WOW! Wonderful! Glad for you.

My buddy's ex is a coke addict who stabbed my buddy with a ski pole (it went deep into his body) & STILL won custody. He finally won it back last year when his son was 5 years old! 5 Years to defeat a coke addict.... what's wrong with this system!

That's sad!