PDA

View Full Version : Raw Water impeller

dmayer84
10-18-2006, 05:32 PM
I am trying to take the impeller out of the raw water pump and the cover on it will not budge, any tips?

milkmania
10-18-2006, 06:01 PM
I am trying to take the impeller out of the raw water pump and the cover on it will not budge, any tips?

I've never had any problem pulling mine, but I've heard others say to pull the kill switch lanyard, spray the impeller with some sort of lube and maybe try a couple of these

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/265207_front500.jpg

dmayer84
10-18-2006, 06:20 PM
I've never had any problem pulling mine, but I've heard others say to pull the kill switch lanyard, spray the impeller with some sort of lube and maybe try a couple of these

Thanks Ill give that a try tomorrow, ran out of light tonight.

M-Funf
10-18-2006, 06:20 PM
try a couple of these

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/265207_front500.jpg

REPOST 8p

Might try tapping sideways on the cover with a small brass hammer to break the seal loose. Not too much, though...

milkmania
10-18-2006, 06:24 PM
REPOST 8p

Might try tapping sideways on the cover with a small brass hammer to break the seal loose. Not too much, though...

I didn't repost your thread.....I just swiped your pic:cool:

:D

dmayer84
10-18-2006, 06:29 PM
I actually used a razor blade to break the seal since i have to replace the gasket anyway then got a screw driver in. Gonna try that tomorrow to actually get the impeller out.

X7--STeve
10-18-2006, 07:53 PM
soak it wd-40 & gently pry it off ... if you pull the lanyard, you can spin the impeller with the starter & pull the impeller out while it's moving ... don't scratch the inside of the housing, though.

jrcarte78
10-20-2006, 02:50 PM
I have used two flat head screw drivers--push the flat heads into the rubber on opposing sides of the impeller and pull it out.

This method wouldn't be recommended if you want to re-use the impeller that is being pulled out as a spare etc.

Kind of crude, but it works and causes no damage(to the housing). The impeller being pulled out is garbage after this process.

J.R.

tex
04-28-2007, 06:04 PM
I just got back from working on our course. As I was putting the boat on the trailer, my warning beeper started going off. My gauges all were normal. I opened the pump when I got home and the impeller looked bad but when I finally got it out...it didn't look very bad. Before it came out...it looked smashed on one side. I will not have time to put my spare in until Sunday. Any ideas, experiences?

TMCNo1
04-28-2007, 08:23 PM

Take a very small screwdriver and tap it at the gasket with a hammer just barely, the cover is stuck to the gasket and the gasket is stuck to the housing. Take all the screws out first.