PDA

View Full Version : Depth Finder install

Archimedes
10-18-2006, 05:00 PM
So I've decided to do a depth finder and I'm looking at some of the aftermarket models (cause they seem to be way cheaper than MC), but before I do that, I have a basic question. Where does the standard MC depth finder integrate on the dash? Does integrate into the display that's already there, or do I still need to do the drilling/mounting thing? If it's the latter, anyone have a picture of how the MC finder looks on the dash?

If it were integrated into the existing display, I'd spend the extra $ on the MC unit.

Any input would be appreciated, as usual.

rspiecha
10-18-2006, 05:10 PM
My 2005 210VRS depth finder is part of the MC display that show hours, water temp, air temp.

Rob

Footin
10-18-2006, 05:12 PM
In my 94 205 I replaced the clock with a Lowrance 3500 depth finder and have been very happy with it.

Tryin-again
10-18-2006, 05:12 PM
So I've decided to do a depth finder and I'm looking at some of the aftermarket models (cause they seem to be way cheaper than MC), but before I do that, I have a basic question. Where does the standard MC depth finder integrate on the dash? Does integrate into the display that's already there, or do I still need to do the drilling/mounting thing? If it's the latter, anyone have a picture of how the MC finder looks on the dash?

If it were integrated into the existing display, I'd spend the extra $ on the MC unit.

Any input would be appreciated, as usual.

Mine is in the dash - the same as a guage (what 1-1/2 inch?) But you got the new boat & I know the dash is different..but it seems from some of the picts posted here - it is integrated - I am not sure where or how...

endl
10-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Its integrated into the Tach on my boat. Its a small digital screen on the bottom that you can flip from depth/water temp/air temp/hours/ ect. I would guess the X-1 would have the same functions.

Archimedes
10-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Its integrated into the Tach on my boat. Its a small digital screen on the bottom that you can flip from depth/water temp/air temp/hours/ ect. I would guess the X-1 would have the same functions.

That's what I'm hoping for. Just plug and play. Oh yeah and getting the epoxy right.

cbryan70
10-18-2006, 05:14 PM
If there is no place for your depth finder just take out your hour meter if you have one. Thats the easy route

Bruce
10-18-2006, 06:21 PM
I personally would be a little reluctant to take out the hour meter. 1 itwould comprise keeping up with mantinance. 2. would hurt resale value. Prospects want to know how many hours on the engine.

cbryan70
10-18-2006, 06:23 PM
you dont take the hour meter completely out you drop it underneath. SOrry should have clarified that

Archimedes
10-18-2006, 06:27 PM
My hour meter is in the LCD display, so it's not a separate meter. I'm hoping that the MC depth finder will integrate with the display that's already in there and show up on the LCD. Got a call in to my dealer to find out.

Eagle
10-18-2006, 06:42 PM
I have an 05 X-2 and the depth finder display is integrated into the digital display that shows hours, time, lake temp, water temp, etc which is sequenced by the rocker switch on the dash.

Archimedes
10-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I just spoke to my dealer and he told me that he 'thinks' that's how it works... Quoted me $290 for the depth finder, transducer and harness. Think I'll have to add that to my project list.

WTRSK1R
10-18-2006, 08:11 PM
The depth finder pickup (transducer ) is part of the paddlewheel assembly. I believe the existing paddlewheel pulls out and the new one slides in. An additional harness needs to be run up to the dash too, I thinnk. On my 197 there are 3 wires labeled Dpth under the dash.

I am thinking about adding one as well. The dash display should recognize it after it is installed. I have not looked at the cost yet, but the integrated display is the way to go.

Steve

WTRSK1R
10-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Found this on MYMC's site:
http://mymastercraft.com/product_details.cfm?ITEM_ID=14033&product=509129&product_type=GENERAL&company=MasterCraft&sub_product=Gauges
DEPTH FINDERw/HARNESS & AIR TEMP SENSOR '04 ALL MODELS
The descripion says '04, so you would need to confirm it will work on your '06, but it is worth a call considering the price is $164.49 if you install it yourself. I may have to make that call myself.

Steve