PDA

View Full Version : My first solo!

TMCNo1
10-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Our daughter had to go help put her mother-in-law in the hospital with pneumonia and she asked me to keep our 9 week old grandaughter this afternoon all by myself,
1st full blown diaper change, except for changing oil in the boat!
1st feeding, except for filling the boat with gas!
Now she has been asleep for 1 1/2 hours, like winterization!

This is a whole lot more fun than all this .................................nevermind!
Just as long as it's in the right section!

Tryin-again
10-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Our daughter had to go help put her mother-in-law in the hospital with pneumonia and she asked me to keep our 9 week old grandaughter this afternoon all by myself,
1st full blown diaper change, except for changing oil in the boat!
1st feeding, except for filling the boat with gas!
Now she has been asleep for 1 1/2 hours, like winterization!

This is a whole lot more fun than all this .................................nevermind!
Just as long as it's in the right section!

Congrats - would have scared the he!! out of me......

Hmmmmmmm - A dirty diaper section???? :confused:

east tx skier
10-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Don't forget to stabilize that fuel and listen for overflow because it sprays everywhere if you don't.

Tryin-again
10-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Don't forget to stabilize that fuel and listen for overflow because it sprays everywhere if you don't.

Man of Experience !!

dog paw
10-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Hope she has a lanyard you can pull to shut her down LOL!

I guess you made the babysitter list? Hope your mother in law is OK pneumonia is nothing to fool with. Landed me in the hospital for a week

Mikey
10-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Only on TT will you hear someone compare babysitting a newborn to maintenance on a boat. :uglyhamme

Tryin-again
10-18-2006, 06:17 PM
So - I hope the littleone hasn't blown a gasket before mom gets back... :D

TMCNo1
10-18-2006, 07:18 PM
The wife is home now and I'm cooking supper. 2 successful diaper changes, her bilge pump works and the pan is gravity drain today. 1 big play period, so all is good!
It can't all be technical on here, but we gonna try to keep it in the road!

Doug, Traci has told us of 3 times Maddie has blown, let's say a trailer tire and debris went all over the room and it wasn't lake water either.

TMCNo1
10-18-2006, 07:39 PM
The thing is/was it's been 33 years since I did the baby keeping thing, but it's just like doing a power turn in an older DD MasterCraft. Once you have done it you never forget!

trickskier
10-18-2006, 10:35 PM
The thing is/was it's been 33 years since I did the baby keeping thing, but it's just like doing a power turn in an older DD MasterCraft. Once you have done it you never forget!

Congrats Harold,
How many packs did you smoke while changing the diaper? I know you had to be nervous!

BriEOD
10-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Way to go Gran-pa or PaPa.

TMCNo1
10-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Congrats Harold,
How many packs did you smoke while changing the diaper? I know you had to be nervous!

Don't smoke around her, cause she's just like her Paw:eek: , "Do not use near fire or flame", methane man! :firejump: That's why I'm trying to find a methane powered toaster, ya know Flex Fuels!:D

jimmer2880
10-19-2006, 07:10 AM
Just pray that her exhaust risers never get backed up. Because when it finally unclogs, look out! :eek:

sounds like you had a good time at it. Way to go.

playtherapy
10-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Way to go "gramps"! It only gets better. Ned & I have 4, the youngest is now 2...let's talk about getting exercise! He is a trip to keep up with. We are going to be over your way Nov 17-19....Corvettes at the Biltmore 2006. As ever, Sue

trickskier
10-19-2006, 12:28 PM
Don't smoke around her, cause she's just like her Paw:eek: , "Do not use near fire or flame", methane man! :firejump: That's why I'm trying to find a methane powered toaster, ya know Flex Fuels!:D

J/K I knew you wouldn't smoke around her. Did you get it on correctly??:uglyhamme

TMCNo1
10-19-2006, 12:48 PM
J/K I knew you wouldn't smoke around her. Did you get it on correctly??:uglyhamme
Yea, Spearance! I did a diagram, traced the outline, photographed and noted the skid marks, plus I PM'd the Gene Pool with questions, but never got a answer.:D

Leroy
10-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Harold; I figured that babies bottom would shine like a fresh oiled teak platform!

Funny thread!

TMCNo1
10-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Harold; I figured that babies bottom would shine like a fresh oiled teak platform!

Funny thread!

I get to keep her late tomorrow afternoon again, time for a 2nd coat of StarBrite Teak Oil in the White Bottle!

TMCNo1
10-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Traci's mother-in-law, Eddies mother was diagnosed yesterday with advanced lung and throat cancer. Because the cancer is of the fastest growing kind known, she may only have days. She is 78 and a breast cancer survivor, yet it has returned and the doctors say it has only been there for a couple months. Everyone has flown in and we will be keeping the baby when they are up here when Traci doesn't have her at the hospital seeing her other grandmother. I wish we were babysitting under different circumstances.

trickskier
10-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Traci's mother-in-law, Eddies mother was diagnosed yesterday with advanced lung and throat cancer. Because the cancer is of the fastest growing kind known, she may only have days. She is 78 and a breast cancer survivor, yet it has returned and the doctors say it has only been there for a couple months. Everyone has flown in and we will be keeping the baby when they are up here when Traci doesn't have her at the hospital seeing her other grandmother. I wish we were babysitting under different circumstances.

Sorry to hear that Harold.

Monte
10-20-2006, 09:52 AM

Sorry to hear that Harold... Please let your snl and daughter that they are in our prayers....