PDA

View Full Version : Kokomo, Indiana - Ebay Purchase..

Tryin-again
10-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Does anyone have any contacts in Kokomo? We are looking to close on the following e-bay buy..

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-DEERE-MOTOR-GRADER-672A_W0QQitemZ220036856890QQihZ012QQcategoryZ61568 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If we can get it bought we might need some help getting it shipped so if anyone know of anyone that would be great....

Thanks in advance.....

sanjuan23
10-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Grading Road Beds huh? Must be for the ranch?

Tryin-again
10-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Grading Road Beds huh? Must be for the ranch?

Yea, This is a prety good one - was too cheap this weekend - and we got an old one - but it is costin to much these days, Tranny locking, Brakes.....etc, etc...

Edit - Yes For the ranch...

LakePirate
10-18-2006, 03:14 PM
That looks like fun.

I once heard a dirty rumor that if you were good on the moto-grader you could make like $90 an hour.

bcampbe7
10-18-2006, 03:19 PM
That looks like fun.

I once heard a dirty rumor that if you were good on the moto-grader you could make like $90 an hour.

Sounds about right (may be a little low though).
We were looking at some land about a year ago that was mostly wooded. It was going to cost around $100/hour to have some clear a spot for a house.

LakePirate
10-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Sounds about right (may be a little low though).
We were looking at some land about a year ago that was mostly wooded. It was going to cost around $100/hour to have some clear a spot for a house.

I need to go bid on the dam moto-grader.

Hey Wife, bought a moto-grader today.

Great dear, did you get a job?

Sure did. :D

Tryin-again
10-18-2006, 03:30 PM
That looks like fun.

Yea Maybe - but your take home will only be about 20 or so after costs..

sanjuan23
10-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Heck I'll come down for free for the weekend! Of course beer will have to suppliment the non-income and sooner or later I will get the hang of that grader!:D :D

Tryin-again
10-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Heck I'll come down for free for the weekend! Of course beer will have to suppliment the non-income and sooner or later I will get the hang of that grader!:D :D

Yea, well actully that is my arrangement - I do it all for free(beer not included)

Thanks for the offer.....

LakePirate
10-18-2006, 03:42 PM
I actually got that number from a Girl who knew a builder and he was going to pay an employee $90 an hour to run the grader.

My brother is in the tractor/grading business (smaller scale), know all about operating costs. Dam tree hit the hydraulic line, closest one is in Memphis, it will be here Thursday.

Tryin-again
10-18-2006, 03:46 PM
I actually got that number from a Girl who knew a builder and he was going to pay an employee $90 an hour to run the grader.

My brother is in the tractor/grading business (smaller scale), know all about operating costs. Dam tree hit the hydraulic line, closest one is in Memphis, it will be here Thursday.

Yea, A guy that has the experience on heavy equipment can be worth some money... I have seen real pro operators run circles around me - they can do the job "right" in 1/3 the time that it takes us rednecks..

LakePirate
10-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Yea, A guy that has the experience on heavy equipment can be worth some money... I have seen real pro operators run circles around me - they can do the job "right" in 1/3 the time that it takes us rednecks..

I don't know who you are referring to, I prefer Country Boy.

The infamous kicker, 'sperience

Tryin-again
10-18-2006, 03:51 PM
I don't know who you are referring to, I prefer Country Boy.

The infamous kicker, 'sperience

OK- Well I wouldn't want to offend anyone..... :D

We could get Eastie to give us some synonyms... :rolleyes: