PDA

View Full Version : gel coat cracks

sizzler
12-13-2004, 05:27 AM
probably mentioned this before.....but my 2004X9 developed a crack in the rear Q during the summer..it was just above the rub-rail on the drivers side........i sent it in for its service 2 weeks ago and had this mended.....the dealer rang me last week to tell me they had repaired it, but it had cracked again whilst on the trailer...(strange)..the gelcoat was not a perfect match either,and he said i would not be happy with it.......he is trying again in jan when he said he should have a better match....To all you MC dealers out there
1.why would it crack on the trailer????
2.how many variations of white do you have
3.if it cracks again ,would you push for a new hull
4.are you out of money if i did???

i look fwd to your responses

sizzler
12-13-2004, 05:29 AM
should change my sig. to "all black except for the white superstructure" :)

jimmer2880
12-13-2004, 08:19 AM
I've heard that the hardest color to match is white.

I'm very curious why it would crack on the trailer also.... Unless it's from too much hardener?

sizzler
12-13-2004, 09:00 AM
i couldn't work it out either.....nor could the dealer :confused:

sizzler
12-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Mymc....ttadmin.......any Views??

sizzler
12-14-2004, 11:18 AM
come on guys :wavey:

Farmer Ted
12-14-2004, 11:47 PM
My boat has been laid up for nearly 4 months getting fixed, I saw it last week and I could not tell where the repair ended, the guy did an excellent job with the gel coat.

I know the dealer had to order it direct from the factory and it took longer to ship because it's considered HAZMAT. Did your guy use OEM gel coat or some other brand?

There was someone on the board who got a new hull poured due to the problem you're having, can't remember the exact story hopefully Doug or TT Admin will pipe in.

sizzler
12-15-2004, 03:43 AM
ted.........i'm glad you had a happy ending....

Blair
04-26-2006, 11:31 PM
is there any news on this situation or any others like it? may know of a similar problem and wonder what this fix is like down the road... have the cracks re-appeared? is it as good as new or is this something that is gonna be a worry in the future

sizzler
04-27-2006, 04:10 AM
they repaired it last march (05) and it is perfect...you cannot see where it was repaired and no cracks have re-appeared.....a very good job indeed.... :D