PDA

View Full Version : Central NC Earthquakes!

TMCNo1
10-18-2006, 10:15 AM
We have had 3 earthquakes centered here in our county since yesterday. 1@ 5:00 am, 1@ 7:54 pm and 1@ 9:11pm, the first one registering 2.6 on the scale.
I hope the county isn't going to split in half and fall off the edge of the earth! I gotta quite putting so much fertilizer and grass seed on my yard cause it making the county heavy on one side!:eek: :D 8p

Link............http://www.wxii12.com/news/10093829/detail.html

Tryin-again
10-18-2006, 10:25 AM
We have had 3 earthquakes centered here in our county since yesterday. 1@ 5:00 am, 1@ 7:54 pm and 1@ 9:11pm, the first one registering 2.6 on the scale.
I hope the county isn't going to split in half and fall off the edge of the earth! I gotta quite putting so much fertilizer and grass seed on my yard cause it making the county heavy on one side!:eek: :D 8p

Well at least they are not bad ones..... Those are good for sleeping in the hammock - they will gently rock it for you.... :D

BuoyChaser
10-18-2006, 10:32 AM
wow, a lot of earth moving...wonder if this has to do with the nuclear test going on with north korea???

Monte
10-18-2006, 10:45 AM

Didn't you hear? this side of the state took a vote and decided that Raleigh is no longer neccesary.... you guys are just on the dividing line:( We are tryng to make sure Chapel Hill sticks around.... at least for round ball!!

Really... glad to hear no one was injured..

Cary K.
10-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Well hell, we took a vote on this side of the state (coastal) to eliminate the other side of the state. I guess we can compromise and eliminate everything between Wilson & Kings Mtn. But we will keep Chapel Hill, as you mentioned, only for the roundball !!! Looks like a heck of a lineup this year.

We might wait and do this come next spring though #1, as this is the time of year I make weekend treks to Belews & Hyco for the warm water.

TMCNo1
10-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Well hell, we took a vote on this side of the state (coastal) to eliminate the other side of the state. I guess we can compromise and eliminate everything between Wilson & Kings Mtn. But we will keep Chapel Hill, as you mentioned, only for the roundball !!! Looks like a heck of a lineup this year.

We might wait and do this come next spring though #1, as this is the time of year I make weekend treks to Belews & Hyco for the warm water.
I'm gonna try to go Sat. am about 9:00 to get some Sta-Bil in the fuel system and top off the tank with 93 octane for the winter. We will be launching at Piney Bluff off Hwy. 65. Lots of fog on the water because of the warm water and cool air at night, but clears around 10am. Less fog South past 65, old RR crossover and Hwy.158, because water is colder.

Monte
10-18-2006, 11:17 AM

Works for me, I'd hate to take good warm water away from anybody... That was just a test-fire anyway....:rolleyes: Wait! what about #1????

TMCNo1
10-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Works for me, I'd hate to take good warm water away from anybody... That was just a test-fire anyway....:rolleyes: Wait! what about #1????

Don't worry about me, if we get a big enough crack and it fills up with water, I might have a ski lake in my back yard! Y'all can come over anytime!

Monte
10-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Don't worry about me, if we get a big enough crack and it fills up with water, I might have a ski lake in my back yard! Y'all can come over anytime!

Should be able to drive the MC over if it all works out:D Wonder if we'd have salt water or fresh? Hmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
10-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Should be able to drive the MC over if it all works out:D Wonder if we'd have salt water or fresh? Hmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

You knew this was coming!:uglyhamme

Around here, if it hits the right pipe, it could be sewer water!!!!!!:uglyhamme

Monte
10-18-2006, 12:52 PM
You knew this was coming!:uglyhamme

Around here, if it hits the right pipe, it could be sewer water!!!!!!

Now that's funny right there:uglyhamme What makes it worse: Charlotte is in the proposed "delete package" that's a lot of :rolleyes:

Sorry Mike:D look on the bright side you do sell boats!!

TMCNo1
10-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Now that's funny right there:uglyhamme What makes it worse: Charlotte is in the proposed "delete package" that's a lot of :rolleyes:

Sorry Mike:D look on the bright side you do sell boats!!

I wish the Hilo Thread had a "delete package"! http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12461

Tryin-again
10-18-2006, 01:08 PM
I wish the Hilo Thread had a "delete package"! http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12461

Heck - it's just getting fun! 8p

Monte
10-18-2006, 01:18 PM

Wow! I see your point... Um who wants to read about a stupid earthquake anyway??? < that was a joke.... really...
Back to taking over the world.... Mwwaahhhaaaahhaaaahaaaa:D

TMCNo1
10-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Heck - it's just getting fun! 8p
:uglyhamme You can say that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is funny stuff today and I don't think it can get any better!:D

M-Funf
10-18-2006, 01:21 PM
...the first one registering 2.6 on the scale.

2.6??? Geez, I can FART a 2.6...

We usually don't even think about anything much under a 5 out here in Quakeifornia...:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
10-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Wow! I see your point... Um who wants to read about a stupid earthquake anyway??? < that was a joke.... really...
Back to taking over the world.... Mwwaahhhaaaahhaaaahaaaa:D

Must be PSD, "Post Skiin' Depression" setting in, bloating, cramps and the nerves are all up tight! Take 2 Midol and call Gene in the morning!

Monte
10-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Must be PSD, "Post Skiin' Depression" setting in, bloating, cramps and the nerves are all up tight! Take 2 Midol and call Gene in the morning!

That's a fact... been over a week now... still aiming to keep going until at least mid Nov... but all weekend will be in Raleigh for a wedding.. thus my dislike of Raleigh at this time (well that and the politicains there):rolleyes: Midol?????

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Hang in there No1! :)

Sodar
10-18-2006, 03:54 PM
2.6??? Geez, I can FART a 2.6...

We usually don't even think about anything much under a 5 out here in Quakeifornia...:rolleyes:

Seriously! Give me a call when you guys get a REAL one!!

milkmania
10-18-2006, 06:05 PM

well, at least rest assured.....
some of us on here are gonna miss ya:(

TMCNo1
10-18-2006, 10:11 PM
well, at least rest assured.....
some of us on here are gonna miss ya:(

I will probably miss y'all too, cause I'll lose my High Speed DSL, giving me plenty time then to mow the yard.:rolleyes: