PDA

View Full Version : Fin - Set Screws - 2007 HO

PendO
10-16-2006, 09:19 PM
So, I got my new ski today(07 Monza), but there are no set screws in the top ... there are plastic plugs and a note from HO about a pending lawsuit being the reason why they could not ship it with set screws ... how does the fin hold its position w/o the set screws ... and there is not plug into the back of the fin ... so basically I have a fin w/o adjustment????? I can steal some set screws out of an older fin if the threads are the same ... any other ideas?

Farmer Ted
10-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Is that the same fin clamp as the S8?

PendO
10-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Is that the same fin clamp as the S8?

I think so?? I'm hoping it is the same as my sisters CDX-1, as I will be taking the screws from her ski:)

shepherd
10-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Had the same problem with my '06 Monza, and got the same explanation (about the lawsuit). I ended up buying some set screws from off the internet. You'll need a set of 1/4 - 28 S/S set screws which were almost impossible to find. I bought 1/2" long which are a little short, though they seem to work. I may end up ordering another set of 1" screws. I had to buy a box of 50, so if anybody is interested in any, let me know and I'll mail some to you -- or chip in for a box of 50 1" screws (they were about $15 for the box of 50, including shipping).

88 PS190
10-16-2006, 10:48 PM
The set screws in the top do not hold the fin in posistion, they just allow you to release the clamp pressure, turn the screw slightly, then push the blade against it and tighten the clamp back down.

So long as the clamp is threaded you should be able to get stainless set screws from a local hardware store.

Then it'll be normal.

I have several styles of fin clamp that do not have the set screws, but they will still hold the fin, you just need to make the adjustments manually, then lock the clamp down... same thing with yours, its adjustable, just not fine thread adjustable.

shepherd
10-16-2006, 10:49 PM
BTW, the fin clamp will hold the fin in position. It's just very hard to make small precise adjustments to the fin settings without the set screws.

Also, ICBW, but I heard that Schnitz was the cause of the problem, i.e., he claims HO's fin system with the set screws infringes a patent he owns...

shepherd
10-16-2006, 10:55 PM
you should be able to get stainless set screws from a local hardware store.

I agree with everything said, but I had no luck at all finding the screws at a local hardware store. I tried Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and several other places on the Internet. I hope you have better luck than me. It seems the 1/4-28 size you need is a rare size :(

88 PS190
10-16-2006, 11:39 PM
I agree with everything said, but I had no luck at all finding the screws at a local hardware store. I tried Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and several other places on the Internet. I hope you have better luck than me. It seems the 1/4-28 size you need is a rare size :(

My comment came from finding screws for my older brother's mapple's fin block down in louisiana last spring.

Found them in an ace hardware.

PS who's sueing? Steve Schnitz? Doesn't he own the patent on that fin clamp? I think D3 pays 1$ for each clamp made.

PendO
10-16-2006, 11:43 PM
Thanks fellas ... there is an industrial store around here called "Fasteners" and they usually have rare sized screws/bolts/nuts/etc ... I will try them in the next few days and see what they might have (and I will let you know if I can get some for everyone else in quantities smaller than 50) ... obviously my lack of understanding comes from always leaving my fin stock:) but I am thinking that it may take some tweaking to get me used to the Monza. Next summer I may have to see if Hoosier Bob wants to come up to N. Idaho and help me figure out my Perfect Pass and Fin settings:) I'd invite UMP but I hear he is a bit of a drinker and womanizer:(

Ric
10-17-2006, 12:07 AM
1/4-28 is not rare, just not found in a box store

I will look at the length needed and get a handful of them tomorrow.

who need some? I'll get some costs together but it won't be bad.

PS, I know where to get set screws but don't want to be sued by the schnitzer attorneys :rolleyes:

shepherd
10-17-2006, 11:14 AM
If you find any, I'll be happy to buy a set of 3 of them (1" long) from you. We're pretty limited on the stores around here in the boonies, don't have a store called "Fasteners." :rolleyes:

The Monza is the first ski I ever tweaked, and it can make a big difference in your performance if you do it. I wasn't convinced at first, blamed it on myself, but some small adjustments to the fin made the difference between 22 off and 28 off for me.

beef
10-17-2006, 11:30 AM
ICBW, but I heard that Schnitz was the cause of the problem, i.e., he claims HO's fin system with the set screws infringes a patent he owns...

I can believe that he may be the source of the lawsuit, but it seems like the problem may be the lack of royalty payments on a patented design. Notice that the late model HO clamps are an EXACT copy of the D3?

shepherd
10-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Well, I was probably being unfair to Schnitz, assuming he has a valid patent that HO was infringing. Seems to me HO should look into negotiating a patent license with him, pay him $1 or $2 per ski and pass the cost on to their customers, rather than leave us without a fully functional waterski. I would have been happy to pay an extra $2 to save me the trouble of running around town trying to find the right screws and ending up paying $15 for a box of 50 on the internet :mad: .

88 PS190
10-17-2006, 11:56 AM
I do see that, and I remember browing the ss site awhile back that in discussion of his fin clamp design and how quickly it was able to be set up (in the ski test section) that the company still wasn't paying its buck... though I don't remember which company wasn't.

The D3/schintz clamps are excellent. Not exactly like that one, but really similar atleast.

D3 Clamp. http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/hawkskier/DCP_1219.jpg

Ric
10-17-2006, 12:49 PM
OK, I forgot to check the length. Anybody know for sure the original length?

I can get the 1/4-28 fine thread in stainless set screws..
I will buy them 100 at a time and ship in the us for $5 per half dozen of them (including shipping)

Who needs some?

BTW, I want to confirm 1/4-28 and the length before I go getum

shepherd
10-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Ric,

I'll take a set. I'll get my calipers out tonight and get the exact depth. I did an "eyeball" measurement with the 1/2" screws I have and it looked like another 1/2" in length would be ideal, but I'd rather check to make sure.

I'll let you know tonight.

PendO
10-17-2006, 01:04 PM
maybee we could ask Schnitz for a group buy:)

Let's see if UMP will organize it.

(Ric - I'm down with getting some of the set screws from you, if I get up to the water I can pull off one of the OEM screws from a CDX-1 and see what the length is)

shepherd
10-17-2006, 01:57 PM
How about a class action suit against HO for selling us non-functional skis??? Something about warranty of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose or something like that??? :rolleyes: ;)

Ric
10-17-2006, 01:58 PM
maybee we could ask Schnitz for a group buy:)

Let's see if UMP will organize it.

(Ric - I'm down with getting some of the set screws from you, if I get up to the water I can pull off one of the OEM screws from a CDX-1 and see what the length is) UmP is handling all the Group Buy's on HO skis and I'll get the hardware that you cannot get from HO

Thanks for doing this Ump.

beef
10-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Sucks to get a practically non-functioning system in a new ski. Interesting find on Nicholls below.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5299963.pdf

Unless this guy filed the patent on behalf of Steve, it ain't Schnitz! :confused:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-17-2006, 02:14 PM
OK, Ric has this whole group buy under control! Nice going Ric!:)

Now, My Monza continues to be defective! Now its even more defective!

Pendo, I want to see a picture of that entire ski. and who told you I was a drinker and a womanizer? :rolleyes: while I admit to getting soused up on booze once in a while, I dont chase women other than Ms. UMP. and sometimes she chases me:D

Dont listen to Hoosier Bob, he dont even know what "NO WAKE ZONE" means!:D

shepherd
10-17-2006, 02:26 PM
From the Schnitz web page:

"I recently received a $1.00 bill in the mail from JEFF MANSON-HING. Jeff sent me this money to compensate me for my design of the HO Monza fin clamp. It sure would be nice if I received $1.00 for every wing, adjustable fin and clamp on the market!"

Jeff is an expert slalom skiier (35 - 38 off) who has been nice enough to give me free ski lessons this year in exchange for driving his boat for him. He also turned me into a "fin tweaker." I'd send Schnitz a dollar too if I didn't have to spend it on some set screws... :cool:

PendO
10-17-2006, 05:04 PM
How about a class action suit against HO for selling us non-functional skis??? Something about warranty of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose or something like that??? :rolleyes: ;)

you know in some big box at HO is a bunch of set screws that they "can't" use... maybe they could put a box out by the dumpster and I could drop a C note by the dumpster, and I could reach down and pick up a baggie with some set screws ... hypothecially speaking:)

In all seriousness, I'm all for patent enforcement ... if someone owns the patent then pay up ... if Schnitz is not getting royalties for "his" fin design and he owns the patent then he should get the money ... however, I have got to believe that this is a bit of a pissing match ... who the hell fights over a dollar?

As for the set screws, maybee that is someone else's patent ... like I said ... dumpster / C Note :)

Ric
10-17-2006, 06:01 PM
you know in some big box at HO is a bunch of set screws that they "can't" use... maybe they could put a box out by the dumpster and I could drop a C note by the dumpster, and I could reach down and pick up a baggie with some set screws ... hypothecially speaking:)

In all seriousness, I'm all for patent enforcement ... if someone owns the patent then pay up ... if Schnitz is not getting royalties for "his" fin design and he owns the patent then he should get the money ... however, I have got to believe that this is a bit of a pissing match ... who the hell fights over a dollar?

As for the set screws, maybee that is someone else's patent ... like I said ... dumpster / C Note :) you are going to blow up my new set screw supply business before it even gets off the ground!!

shepherd
10-17-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm not even sure if it's Schnitz, especially after visiting some other forums after seeing Beef's post. I even did a quick patent search and found no ski-related patents with his name on them. But the statement above on his web site makes ya think... Like I said at first, ICBW! :o

If I was wrong, allow me to apologize publicly to Schnitz...

PendO
10-17-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm not even sure if it's Schnitz, especially after visiting some other forums after seeing Beef's post. Like I said at first, ICBW! :o

If I was wrong, allow me to apologize publicly to Schnitz...

What a kewl name ... Schnitz ... honesly, with a last name like that you had better be damn good at something:)

shepherd
10-17-2006, 06:13 PM
yeah ;)

Real name is Schnitzer. Don't know much about him personally. There's a lot of useful info on his web site. Also appears like he's dedicated his life to the sport, which is pretty cool IMO (or weird, depending how you look at it).

but you've probably seen his site too...

88 PS190
10-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Steve has invented alot of cool things.

According to the guys over at nichols (who are in the know btw, Bruce butterfield, steve schnitzer, John horton (check the last waterski mag, he's in there carbon fin.

These are the guys from the independant ski test, and in the industry, they say its some guy named Paul D. Isensee never heard of him myself, but i guess he filed some sort of patent that describes the use of a set screw to make the adjustments... an "improvement"

Of course I don't think he invented that, just patented it.

10-17-2006, 07:56 PM
you are going to blow up my new set screw supply business before it even gets off the ground!!
I guess I dont get this part. Ric is offering the screws for $5, and Pendo is willing to pay $100 for them. Ric, I think you need to raise your prices. Remember, Supply and demand. 8p

PendO
10-17-2006, 10:45 PM
I guess I dont get this part. Ric is offering the screws for $5, and Pendo is willing to pay $100 for them. Ric, I think you need to raise your prices. Remember, Supply and demand. 8p

Bootleg OEM set screws are so much more valuable than knock offs:)

shepherd
10-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Ric,

I'll take a set. I'll get my calipers out tonight and get the exact depth. I did an "eyeball" measurement with the 1/2" screws I have and it looked like another 1/2" in length would be ideal, but I'd rather check to make sure.

I'll let you know tonight.

OK, I was wrong. The top screws need to be less than 7/10", so I guess 5/8 is the max there.

The back screw (to adjust DFT) should be less than .85", so looks like you should go with 3/4", though 5/8" will work also I guess.

Those measurements came from sticking my caliper in the holes and measuring from the top of the fin (inside the clamp) to the top of the hole. Anything longer will stick out the top of the clamp, which could be dangerous.

Ric
10-18-2006, 12:01 AM
I guess I dont get this part. Ric is offering the screws for $5, and Pendo is willing to pay $100 for them. Ric, I think you need to raise your prices. Remember, Supply and demand. 8p this kind of chat is not for amateur economists ump... are you sure you have the mettle?

Ric
10-18-2006, 12:03 AM
OK, I was wrong. The top screws need to be less than 7/10", so I guess 5/8 is the max there.

The back screw (to adjust DFT) should be less than .85", so looks like you should go with 3/4", though 5/8" will work also I guess.

Those measurements came from sticking my caliper in the holes and measuring from the top of the fin (inside the clamp) to the top of the hole. Anything longer will stick out the top of the clamp, which could be dangerous.Dammit
Back to the drawing board! I had it all laid out at either 3/4" or 1" length

the best part is that my new business has already attracted 2 new customers... I will never sell anything to ump... I'd need a staff of 30 to answer all his queries about a $5 deal:rolleyes:

shepherd
10-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Have to re-create your business plan from scratch??? Sorry about that! :o

BuoyChaser
10-18-2006, 10:16 AM
can believe the industry has to bow down to this guy's patent, WOW!!!

88 PS190
10-18-2006, 10:54 AM
If you have an idea EVER... See if its patented, if not get it, patents aren't that expensive if you learn to write them up yourself!

Ric
10-18-2006, 10:55 AM
If you have an idea EVER... See if its patented, if not get it, patents aren't that expensive if you learn to write them up yourself! I have ideas 24/7
how do you see if an idea is patented?

shepherd
10-18-2006, 11:12 AM
I have ideas 24/7
how do you see if an idea is patented?

Search the Patent Office's database:
http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html

If you're a small business or individual, it will cost $500 to file the patent, $700 issue fee if they allow it, and then periodic "maintenance fees" after it issues to keep it in effect. It will cost you around $5,000 and up (way up depending on the technology) to have a patent attorney draft up the patent application and prosecute it through the patent office. If you decide to draft the application yourself, be careful and good luck.

BuoyChaser
10-18-2006, 11:14 AM
If you have an idea EVER... See if its patented, if not get it, patents aren't that expensive if you learn to write them up yourself!
i've also heard that patents are also ways that people search to copy/mimic your process...particularly in manufacturing steps, patents can be very dangerous because they tell your competitor the exact steps and propriatary information for them to be able to copy...

10-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Uh-oh Ric, could the patent owner see you as infringing on his patents too? ;)

I guess since I am a amateur economist, I am probably an amateur legal advisor too. so I will go back to my regularly scheduled nonsense. :)

Dammit
Back to the drawing board! I had it all laid out at either 3/4" or 1" length

the best part is that my new business has already attracted 2 new customers... I will never sell anything to ump... I'd need a staff of 30 to answer all his queries about a $5 deal

Gee, I was hoping to buy some of those $5 set screws too. Bummer I cant get them now. :( Glad you got 2 new customers. Maybe if I am lucky, some other guy go into business too, and then I can buy some from him.
:rolleyes:

10-18-2006, 11:28 AM
BTW Ric, my purchasing staff has been reduced due to budget cuts. Now I only have 7 people asking questions for me. hey, times is haaaard boy, times is haaaard.

shepherd
10-18-2006, 11:28 AM
True, but if a competitor copies your product or process, you can sue them for gobs of money, especially if they intentionally infringe your patent. But they are free to use your proprietary processes/products if they come by them innocently, i.e., they don't resort to industrial espionage to steal them from you. But, a trade secret lasts for as long as you can keep it secret, while a patent only lasts 20 years at most. There are tradeoffs...

Ric
10-18-2006, 11:36 AM
But, a trade secret lasts for as long as you can keep it secret, while a patent only lasts 20 years at most. There are tradeoffs... I have experience in the truth of this statement..

10-18-2006, 11:37 AM
FREEBIRD!!!!!

shepherd
10-18-2006, 12:26 PM
:guitar: :headbang: STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!!!!! :headbang: :guitar:

Ric
10-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Ok, I have them in 5/8" length
who needs them? half a dozen for $5 shipped inside the lower 48

10-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Maybe I can get someone here to buy them from Ric, and then secretly sell them to me.

Ric
10-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Got quiet quick around here didn't it?

shepherd
10-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Got quiet quick around here didn't it?

Was this thread moved? I thought it was in General Discussion...

I'll take a set Ric. PM me your address and I'll send you a $5 bill.

10-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Hows your new business going Ric? any new customers for fasteners?

Ric
10-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Hows your new business going Ric? any new customers for fasteners? 2 customers so far in this budding business... So far I'm in short supply though, so you better buy now before the prices go up!

shepherd
10-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Money is in my mailbox right now with the flag up.

10-23-2006, 11:23 AM
2 customers so far in this budding business... So far I'm in short supply though, so you better buy now before the prices go up!
I thought you refused to sell anything to me. :confused: :confused:

Ric
10-23-2006, 11:25 AM
I thought you refused to sell anything to me. :confused: :confused: ump I dont have time to sell you anything.. I'll be dead before I get five bucks outta you for a bag of screws!

10-23-2006, 12:40 PM
ump I dont have time to sell you anything.. I'll be dead before I get five bucks outta you for a bag of screws!
well, we all need to have goals Ric, yours is to sell me something.

Ric
10-23-2006, 05:50 PM
well, we all need to have goals Ric, yours is to sell me something. ho no . never..........never :noface:

10-23-2006, 07:15 PM
ho no . never..........never :noface:
as far as you know.

shepherd
11-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Went skiing yesterday. The ski was feeling really weird, couldn't quite put my finger on it. :rolleyes: For my next set, decided to do a fin adjustment. Noticed my clamp screws were loose. Pushed on the fin and it moved about a 1/4" up into the ski. No wonder!

Note to self: tighten clamp screws after adjusting your set screws.

Just reminded me of my lack of good set screws. Congrats on the nuptials Ric! Now back to business. If you're no longer in the business, keep the 5 bucks as a wedding present - go buy yourself and the Mrs. a 6 pack. :toast:

Ric
11-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Went skiing yesterday. The ski was feeling really weird, couldn't quite put my finger on it. :rolleyes: For my next set, decided to do a fin adjustment. Noticed my clamp screws were loose. Pushed on the fin and it moved about a 1/4" up into the ski. No wonder!

Note to self: tighten clamp screws after adjusting your set screws.

Just reminded me of my lack of good set screws. Congrats on the nuptials Ric! Now back to business. If you're no longer in the business, keep the 5 bucks as a wedding present - go buy yourself and the Mrs. a 6 pack. :toast: The set screws should certainly be to you by now Shep You too Pendo, but shep is the only one who has paid :cool:

Ric
11-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Who needs set screws for their HO?

11-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Who needs set screws for their HO?

the entrepeneur is at it again. hows your new biz takin off Ric?:confused: I am still thinking about buying a set of those.

Ric
11-07-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm in the hole. I have alot of product and only 2 customers.

shepherd
11-08-2006, 08:08 AM
The set screws should certainly be to you by now Shep You too Pendo, but shep is the only one who has paid :cool:

Nope, no screws, no joy.
If Pendo got his and I didn't I'm really going to be pi$$ed! ;)

PendO
11-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Nope, no screws, no joy.
If Pendo got his and I didn't I'm really going to be pi$$ed! ;)

I got my set screws yesterday, postage labe says it was mailed on 11/02. Ric, these things look perfect, thanks:) I sent you a PM, to double check the address.

Casey

Ric
11-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Nope, no screws, no joy.
If Pendo got his and I didn't I'm really going to be pi$$ed! ;) Great, now I have disgruntled customers!

11-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Great, now I have disgruntled customers!
oh you cant have that! you better solve this now Ric! satisfied customers dont tell anyone, but dis-satisfied customers tell EVERYONE!

Ric
11-08-2006, 05:43 PM
oh you cant have that! you better solve this now Ric! satisfied customers dont tell anyone, but dis-satisfied customers tell EVERYONE! what do you suggest ump. What to the dealerships do when they have a disgruntled customer?8p

shepherd
11-08-2006, 06:47 PM
I don't blame you Ric, I blame the USPS. UMP knows all about that, dontcha UMP?

Ric
11-08-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't blame you Ric, I blame the USPS. UMP knows all about that, dontcha UMP? usps is killing all of my goodwill

WHO NEEDS SOME SET SCREWS FOR THEIR HO?

PendO
11-09-2006, 12:20 AM
what do you suggest ump. What to the dealerships do when they have a disgruntled customer?8p

Ric, lets set up a voicemail inbox, people can leave messages, and then call them back in a few weeks (or never) ... remind you of anything:)

Ric
11-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Too bad my screw operation isn't big enough to make such bold moves in customer service:rolleyes:

beef
11-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Too bad my screw operation isn't big enough to make such bold moves in customer service:rolleyes:

Ok: I'm not sure at this point if you a guy, or girl, or what. But that is so easy I'm not even going to post a response.

11-09-2006, 11:24 AM
well, the USPS is where you made a major blunder Ric. They should show up to your customer for winterization next year. If I were you just drive them to your customers. gauranteed delivery. Why rely on someone thats unreliable?

P.S. I am still thinking about buying a set of those. I am still doing the projected math of how it will affect my 401K. $5 is alot of money, dontchano!

Ric
11-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Ok: I'm not sure at this point if you a guy, or girl, or what. But that is so easy I'm not even going to post a response. I speak in puns, my friend

Ric
11-09-2006, 12:27 PM
well, the USPS is where you made a major blunder Ric. They should show up to your customer for winterization next year. If I were you just drive them to your customers. gauranteed delivery. Why rely on someone thats unreliable?

P.S. I am still thinking about buying a set of those. I am still doing the projected math of how it will affect my 401K. $5 is alot of money, dontchano! still not banking on an ump buy...

trouble is, shep doesn't winterize, this is a worst case scenario!!! he wouldn't be pizzed if they hadn't also cut off his beer supply down there

shepherd
11-09-2006, 12:47 PM
:shocked: .................

That's alright. I'm still going skiing this afternoon. I guess I'll have a martini instead of a beer after...

Ric
11-10-2006, 06:19 PM
shep did you ever receive some screws????/

shepherd
11-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Just got them today Ric, thanks!
I'll be trying them on the lake tomorrow.

11-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Are you sure their yours Shep? ;)

shepherd
11-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Well, UMP...... I don't know. If not, they are in my ski now if the true owner wants to come down and try to take them. :D

Ric
11-11-2006, 12:18 PM
I have alot of stock folks
we're having a sale.. an inventory blowout
this week only
no charge (domestic) shipping to the first 100 customers
hurry and get your HO setscrews
$5 per half dozen (while supplies last)

11-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Well, UMP...... I don't know. If not, they are in my ski now if the true owner wants to come down and try to take them. :D
I might do that!! But in March,when its skiable there. I will borrow them for a day or so and give them right back to you!:)

11-12-2006, 10:10 AM
I have alot of stock folks
we're having a sale.. an inventory blowout
this week only
no charge (domestic) shipping to the first 100 customers
hurry and get your HO setscrews
$5 per half dozen (while supplies last)
OOOOOHHHH Ric! you got me thinkin now!! Thats quite a deal! I might go out and see how many returnable beer cans the Mayor has left in my garage. I might be able to finance a set of those yet!:dance:

shepherd
11-12-2006, 10:28 AM
I might do that!! But in March,when its skiable there. I will borrow them for a day or so and give them right back to you!:)

We're still skiing NOW UMP! And get yourself a pair of those fin screws. They'll make a real difference in your Monza. I was skiing 29 off before I got Ric's set screws, but now I'm going into 42 off!!! Those set screws are awesome!!! Get 'em now while they last.

11-12-2006, 06:21 PM
42 off my azz!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ric
11-13-2006, 10:48 AM
It's a blowout at 5 bucks
I have never seen a sale like this

11-13-2006, 11:00 AM
It's a blowout at 5 bucks
I have never seen a sale like this
This IS a monumental sale Ric. The savings are amazing! its right up there with Walmart, uh....hey.....uh....your not....uh.....you know.....well, you know.

Ric
11-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Who needs a good screw? 6 for 5 dollars right here!

11-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Come on peeps! someone buy some screws from Ric. Cant you see what a great deal this is? you people must be blind if you cant see the value here. WAH!!!!! get with it people!

Ric
11-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Stainless Steel, no less!

11-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Stainless Steel, no less!
yea, what he said! ^^^^^^^^^^^

TMCNo1
11-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Who needs a good screw? 6 for 5 dollars right here!

Hey folks, this is what we get for letting Ric go to Vegas and get married. He must have got that sales pitch during the bachelor party just of the strip where the working girls hang out!:eek: :D :rolleyes:

Ric
11-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey folks, this is what we get for letting Ric go to Vegas and get married. He must have got that sales pitch during the bachelor party just of the strip where the working girls hang out!:eek: :D :rolleyes: Free vegas handbills go out in every fifth order.

Ric
11-14-2006, 05:27 PM
I am in the worst business possible....... rodltbu makes some mc decals and sells the hell out of them for wayy more than I'm offering a good screw

set.
I am no good at this

11-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Free vegas handbills go out in every fifth order.
OH MAN!!! Come on! now 4 people need to order before I can!!!:mad: I WANT THOSE VEGAS HANDBILLS RIC!!!!!!:cool:

Ric
11-15-2006, 10:37 AM
who needs a decal ?

Ric
11-15-2006, 05:41 PM
:popcorn: I'm gonna have to turn in the bmw lease if someone doesnt buy some screws

TMCNo1
11-15-2006, 07:05 PM
:popcorn: I'm gonna have to turn in the bmw lease if someone doesnt buy some screws

Turn it in and buy a Chevette, put some 20"s on it and your pimp will love it!

11-16-2006, 11:05 AM
I will take over you lease. Whats the payments? $150 a month or so? I can handle that!

I guess you werent cut out for bizness hey Ric? Did you fail Econ in high school?

Ric
11-16-2006, 12:09 PM
I will take over you lease. Whats the payments? $150 a month or so? I can handle that!

I guess you werent cut out for bizness hey Ric? Did you fail Econ in high school? Hell I can't even get my current customers to pay, let alone drum up new business. I thought bolt companies made easy money:rolleyes:

Ric
11-16-2006, 02:50 PM
woops

(from Easties rules link)
5. Promotion of Products/Services. In terms of whether a Team Talk member can use the board to sell new boats or other items, the answer is an unequivocal NO. There cannot be any public promotion of new boats or wakeboards or ropes or anything of the sort, especially by our dealers or partners. This board was never intended to become a sales floor.

11-16-2006, 04:08 PM
woops

5. Promotion of Products/Services. In terms of whether a Team Talk member can use the board to sell new boats or other items, the answer is an unequivocal NO. There cannot be any public promotion of new boats or wakeboards or ropes or anything of the sort, especially by our dealers or partners. This board was never intended to become a sales floor.

uh-oh! now you have done it! the long arm of the law is gonna pick up the hammer of justice and come a smashin!

11-20-2006, 09:17 AM
(how's the set screw sales goin Ric? Remember, if we type in parentheses, nobody can see what we type except us8p, so to avoid getting in hot water with your new biz, just type everything in parentheses. I still want those Vegas handbills....)

Ric
11-20-2006, 10:17 AM
For the record... I am not selling stainless set screws for late model Monza finbox.

Do not contact me if you want to buy 5/8" long stainless steel set screws to fit the Monza adjustable slalom fin housing.

Ric
11-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Whatever you do, resist the urge to contact me about the Monza fin set screws which I do not officially have or sell.

PendO
11-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Ric - how many don't you have left?

Ric
11-28-2006, 02:50 PM
I do not have another 20 sets of (6) stainless set screws available for sale for $5 per pack

PendO
11-28-2006, 11:09 PM
6 screws for five bucks - "Cheap Screws - Guaranteed Disease Free" ...

Farmer Ted
11-28-2006, 11:16 PM
woops

so are Jim@BAWS and ERKLE banned?

here's the terms for joining the site....

Forum Rules
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Team Talk is provided as a service to MasterCraft owners. Please be aware that MasterCraft Boat Co. claims no responsibility for goods or services described herein.

The promotion of products or services will not be tolerated and removed immediately unless prior approval by the MasterCraft Boat Company is received.

Although the administrators and moderators of TeamTalk will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages.

All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of TeamTalk, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of TeamTalk reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Ric
11-29-2006, 08:22 AM
I'm a menace as well

11-29-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm a menace as well
and a dam fine menace if I do say so my damself.

Hoosier Bob
11-29-2006, 10:18 PM
So I'll see you guys later then!:o
Ten second pics coming up! Anyone interested?:D

11-29-2006, 10:18 PM
So I'll see you guys later then!:o
Ten second pics coming up! Anyone interested?:D
Oh dont start this **** again!:rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
11-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Oh it is coming as soon as I can reach Steve! You guys are so wound up you need it! Here is the first one!

11-29-2006, 10:37 PM
oh baby, oh baby, oh baby.:rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
11-29-2006, 10:51 PM
More than ten seconds on that one!

11-29-2006, 10:55 PM
hey its staristar stevio! right after he crashed his weego kite tube!:cool:

Hoosier Bob
11-29-2006, 11:02 PM
That was him replying to I TOLD YOU SO!

Ric
11-30-2006, 11:25 AM
6 screws for five bucks - "Cheap Screws - Guaranteed Disease Free" ... They were guaranteed to give you the most fun you could have with your boots on

11-30-2006, 01:50 PM
tell me Ric, these set screws which you do not sell, are they stainless steel?

shepherd
11-30-2006, 03:42 PM
They would be if he sold them!

Ric
11-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Stainless steel set screws for your monza finbox are the only way to go

11-30-2006, 03:48 PM
SO how much fun can you have with you boots on?

Ric
11-30-2006, 03:52 PM
SO how much fun can you have with you boots on? :confused: we gotta get you skiing the course ump :rolleyes:

11-30-2006, 03:59 PM
:confused: we gotta get you skiing the course ump :rolleyes:
I had alot of fun once in college with my boots on. (winter time, ya know, the snow is cold.....)

Ric
11-30-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm not talking about yoops peeing their name in the snow ump

11-30-2006, 04:27 PM
No, no, never, never

12-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Whats going on? arent there any special christmas sales on fasteners??

Ric
12-01-2006, 09:57 AM
There would have been if I was selling them!

12-01-2006, 11:23 AM
I see. If you did go into biz, you could have a slogan like

Fasteners -R-Us "call us when you need a screw"

I am a marketing genious

12-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Too bad your not selling those setscrews anymore Ric. I am still thinking of buying a set. Maybe I will buy myself a set for Christmas. I am a big spender ya know. I may get a new set, that way if I ever sell the "defective" monza that I have the new owner will have some.

PendO
12-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Too bad your not selling those setscrews anymore Ric. I am still thinking of buying a set. Maybe I will buy myself a set for Christmas. I am a big spender ya know. I may get a new set, that way if I ever sell the "defective" monza that I have the new owner will have some.

UMP ... I sent yours to ERK a month ago ... do you mean you don't have them yet?

12-12-2006, 08:44 PM
UMP ... I sent yours to ERK a month ago ... do you mean you don't have them yet?
NO, I dont have them!:( He probably sent them USPS and they will get here when HO introduced the 2010 models. :) Wont that be fun?

TMCNo1
12-12-2006, 08:53 PM
NO, I dont have them!:( He probably sent them USPS and they will get here when HO introduced the 2010 models. :) Wont that be fun?

Ric should give you a set for Xmas via Express Carrier Pigeon!

12-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Ric should give you a set for Xmas via Express Carrier Pigeon!
Maybe I should buy a set and make them into earrings for Ms. UMP? That would be fashionable (and economical, see I am always thinking!;) )

TMCNo1
12-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Maybe I should buy a set and make them into earrings for Ms. UMP? That would be fashionable (and economical, see I am always thinking!;) )

We have reason to worry! Wow, what does the engagement ring look like after that statement?

Monte
12-12-2006, 09:54 PM
We have reason to worry! Wow, what does the engagement ring look like after that statement?

Shhh #1... for UMP's sake don't put those two prases in the same post. He'll be divorced before he gets married:rolleyes:

12-12-2006, 10:03 PM
We have reason to worry!
Neither you or I have any reason to worry.

Ric
02-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Look what I found.

Heyyyy It's my birthday

Ric
05-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Monza screws!! Getcher Monza Screws righttteeeeeer!

Thanks to whoever it was who did not just buy the set screws which I do not sell...

05-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Monza screws!! Getcher Monza Screws righttteeeeeer!

Thanks to whoever it was who did not just buy the set screws which I do not sell...
I bet you dont sell so many set screws that you need a 3/4 ton truck with a diesel engine to haul them around!