PDA

View Full Version : Slalom Skis for sale in Marketplace, does anyone look?

X-2
10-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Does anyone here use the Marketplace? I have a couple of nice Slalom Skis & an Andy Mapple video for sale on there....However it seems that no one looks there :( .My post had 2 views yesterday & I think that was me looking at my own post. Where is a good place to sell Waterskiing equipment, I hate ebay, maybe you guys can point me in the right direction.

shepherd
10-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Try www.ski-it-again.com. It's free. I put my ski for sale on it and got a good response (but sold it to a fellow TT'er here on the Marketplace).

love2fly
10-15-2006, 11:13 AM
I looking the market place every couple of days to see what is up for sale. I am alwas looking for some more toys that I don't need.

If my daughter was older or the ski was shorter I would get the womans ski.

good luck

Archimedes
10-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Does anyone here use the Marketplace? I have a couple of nice Slalom Skis & an Andy Mapple video for sale on there....However it seems that no one looks there :( .My post had 2 views yesterday & I think that was me looking at my own post. Where is a good place to sell Waterskiing equipment, I hate ebay, maybe you guys can point me in the right direction.

Try Craig's List if you're in an area where it's active. I've had great luck selling all sorts of stuff on there. Just sold my Touareg winter wheels on there yesterday.

McFire
10-15-2006, 03:29 PM
I look there regularly. I have what I need, but am always on the lookout for something else. It has to be a great deal for me to buy something when I already have all I need.

X-2
10-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it...I'll try those sites as well!

TNH2oSkier
10-16-2006, 09:15 AM
just curios what your thoughts were on the goode, I have never seen the 8000 out on the water.

X-2
10-16-2006, 09:30 AM
It's an awesome waterski, good for buoys or recreation. Skis very solid. I like their stuff very much. The only reason that I am selling is we have gotten big into wakeboarding & looking into surfing.

Davo
10-16-2006, 10:26 AM
I look as well....also, you don't have to neccesarily click on an item to see it's description so more people are looking than the "viewed" number would suggest. I also check ski-it-again regularly.

I'm a boarder mainly so I've been looking for a good used slalom until I figure out exactly what I want.....I think I know what size I need, but it's not easy finding a used 65" ski...anyone got any leads? lol

BeavenX5
10-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Does anyone here use the Marketplace?

I look at it regularly and bought a new cover and an almost new ski in here in the past year. It is a great place to shop and surely a lot safer than ebay. Its too bad people here don't use it more to sell and buy their gear. With over 4000 members it could be a lot more active.

And its free.....

Lets all make a point to look at the marketplace more often (specially when we want to buy a new toy) and to take the habit to post here before any other place to sell our gear.
JC :headbang:

X-2
10-16-2006, 06:23 PM
I look at it regularly and bought a new cover and an almost new ski in here in the past year. It is a great place to shop and surely a lot safer than ebay. Its too bad people here don't use it more to sell and buy their gear. With over 4000 members it could be a lot more active.

And its free.....

Lets all make a point to look at the marketplace more often (specially when we want to buy a new toy) and to take the habit to post here before any other place to sell our gear.
JC :headbang:

:worthy: I second that! :worthy:

X-2
10-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks though to all of you who added your :twocents: to this post, I appreciate the leads! TMC is a great forum!

east tx skier
10-17-2006, 11:39 AM
I look in there occassionally, but often forget to check it out. There have been requests in the past for a random marketplace thumbnail generator on the home page, but we haven't gotten it yet. I think that would increase traffic quite a bit.

Off to look in the marketplace. The last two things I've tried to sell, I've listed on the marketplace here, ski-it-again, Nicholl's Forum, and three other ski boat websites. I've always gotten the most resposne through ski-it-again.

TNH2oSkier
10-17-2006, 11:35 PM
X-2 Why did you choose the goode ski over all the other available skis on the market? I am just curious since I have never seen one of the 8000's before. I new they made it, and often wondered how many they sold. Could you compare it to other skis you have been on?

kycat2007
10-18-2006, 01:09 AM
Try FlipSell.com they have a used equipment section to post stuff and it is free:D :D