PDA

View Full Version : Water Channel -- Ever hear of it?

atlfootr
10-14-2006, 08:58 AM
http://www.waterchannel.com/shows/detail/70.html

If your idea of waterskiing is someone towed behind a 35 h.p. outboard with a couple of wooden planks strapped to their feet, grabbing a whole 6 inches of air by jumping the wake, you're in for a shock! The USA Water Ski Championships brings you the high-flying aerobatics of the nation's top water skiers, wakeboarders and hydrofoilers; extreme athletes whose waterborne exploits are as exciting as they are risky.

USA Water Ski Championships is a series of specials sanctioned by "USA Water Ski*," the governing body for organized water skiing in the United States. The largest water skiing association in the world, "USA Water Ski" promotes the growth and development of recreational water skiing, and presides over the sport of competitive water skiing.

Scheduled so far...

SportStuff Chain Reaction Wakeboard Championship

Wakeboarders ride what looks like a skateboard on steroids in an exciting competition that's a lot like snowboarding on water. Seasoned pros, along with first time pro competitors will be taking on the challenging course at world famous Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven, Florida. Only the most solid competitors have made it through the rigorous qualifying heats and semi-finals to guarantee you maximum excitement!

SportStuff Chain Reaction Hydrofoil Championship

A hydrofoil is a water ski with a big difference – attached to the top is a seat, and attached to the bottom is a 28" hydrofoil with fins that lift the rider and ski out of the water, enabling him to do unbelievable aerial tricks, sometimes soaring as high as 25 feet in the air! The country's top hydrofoilers, like Geno Yauchler, Kevin Thayer and Jake Bradley, execute some of the most amazing acrobatic tricks on water – with names like Skidder, MacThruster, Rodeo, Undertaker, Floater, and yes, the Flying Chicken!

USA Water Ski Hall of Fame Show

The Water Channel goes inside the USA Water Ski organization to see what makes it so amazing and so vital. There are special interviews with representatives of USA Water Ski and the American Water Ski Educational Foundation, as well as take an inside look at the Water Ski Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

*The sport discipline organizations that make up "USA Water Ski" are: American Water Ski Association, American Barefoot Club, American Kneeboard Association, National Collegiate Water Ski Association, Water Skiers with Disabilities Association, National Water Ski Racing Association, National Show Ski Association, USA Wakeboard and United States Hydrofoil Association.

Week of October 9th Thursday at 12:30 AM EST
Saturday at 12:00 AM EST
Sunday at 8:30 PM EST

Heather Adams
Commentator

Busy Heather Adams is a graduate of the Specs Howard School of Broadcast Arts and has hosted Speedzone on OLN, Competition H2O on the Water Channel, and now, their coverage of USA Water Ski competitions. Heather says her companion's enthusiasm makes her job easy. "Everyone involved with USA Water Ski is so passionate, it's contagious! I love being outdoors in the sun, by the water and being surrounded by friendly, driven and talented individuals!"

Hank Longo
Commentator

A champion water skier himself, Hank Longo has announced more ski tournaments than anyone in the sport; including every major pro tournament in the U.S. In addition, he's the Chairman for the "Announcers Association" for the USA Water Ski association and as such, interviews all Inductees into the Hall of Fame. Hank is also one of the top skiers in the U.S. and World in his division and set a world stunt record on ABC TV's That's Incredible! He's a 2006 Inductee into the Minnesota Water Ski Hall of Fame and co-host of PGTV Sports Central.

Mark Jackson
Commentator

Mark Jackson is also a former water ski champion – he was the Pro Freestyle Champion in 1982, a 2-time Skier of the Year at Cypress Gardens, and a 2-time All American Adagio Doubles Champ who's been inducted into the Wisconsin Water Ski Hall of Fame. A busy color commentator, Mark appears regularly on ESPN, ESPN II, OLN and various other syndicated sports shows. He also is the anchor/host of PGTV Sports Central and WLKF Sports Central radio, and has written dozens of articles about water skiing and boating for national publications.

TMCNo1
10-14-2006, 10:13 AM
It is and will be super to have a WaterChannel devoted strictly to WaterSports. At least the Waterski industry could have a dedicated outlet for it's events to get more needed exposure and a place where Manufactures could market their product to the Watersports masses. Trying to find the very few events filmed/telecast across 200 channels over 52 weeks as it is now is a real problem. Have a little of everything like the SpeedChannel.

Monte
10-14-2006, 10:15 AM
It would be super to have a WaterChannel devoted strictly to WaterSports. At least the Waterski industry could have a dedicated outlet for it's events to get more needed exposure and a place where Manufactures could market their product to the Watersports masses. Trying to find the very few events filmed/telecast across 200 channels over 52 weeks as it is now is a real problem. Have a little of everything like the SpeedChannel.

What he said^^^^^^^:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
10-14-2006, 10:23 AM
What he said^^^^^^^:rolleyes:
Next question,
Will it be coming to CABLE anytime soon?My trash can lid won't pick up satellite signals anymore, I have cable now so I can follow the cable back to find the main office to pay my bill! Whatever that means! LOL!

atlfootr
10-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Next question,
Will it be coming to CABLE anytime soon?

http://www.waterchannel.com/images/spacer.gif http://www.waterchannel.com/images/getwc/provider-logo_dish.gif
The Dish Network
Watch the Water Channel now on DISH Network channel 217.

> (http://www.dishnetwork.com/)
http://www.waterchannel.com/images/spacer.gif

TMCNo1
10-14-2006, 05:58 PM
OK, since most new innovative channels come to Dish first, then cable picks them up due to demand, I will call Time Warner Cable and start the demand in my area. I just love stirring the coffee!

ecelis
10-15-2006, 08:32 AM
We have been following the Waterchannel off-and-on for a couple of months now.
Everything related to water, but I yet have to see one show on waterskiing, wakeboarding. All fishing, cruising, boatrace, surfing and then fishing again. On top of that it is mostly reruns. We will be moving in a couple of weeks and I will switch to DirectTV, the Fuel channel seems to have more wakeboarding.

slalomskifreak
10-15-2006, 11:51 AM
I use the search feature on DISH and enter "ski". It lists all the Water Channel "USA Waterski" shows. They need to record more ski related shows though. Lots of re-runs. So far I have only seen Hydrofoil, Wakeboard and the Waterski Hall of Fame shows. They just list a generic description for the show, not what it is really covering, so I end up recording all of them and then deleting the doubles.

Curt

pkskier
10-15-2006, 08:37 PM
I was just watching the water channel and "the secret spot" will be on next Sunday 10/22/06 at 8:00 centrat time.

CoFooter
10-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Speaking of Water Channel, just saw that the Barefoot Worlds will be on on November 19th.

3event
10-16-2006, 11:00 AM
I use the search feature on DISH and enter "ski". It lists all the Water Channel "USA Waterski" shows. They need to record more ski related shows though. Lots of re-runs. So far I have only seen Hydrofoil, Wakeboard and the Waterski Hall of Fame shows. They just list a generic description for the show, not what it is really covering, so I end up recording all of them and then deleting the doubles.

Curt

I had to turn off the DVR timer for USA Waterski because they have been recycling thru those 3 shows since it showed up on our Dish. If the above stuff actually shows up, that would be cool ! So far it has been pretty limited. I guess I shouldn't complain, the alternative is ......

atlfootr
10-16-2006, 12:40 PM
We have been following the Waterchannel off-and-on for a couple of months now, but have yet have to see one show on waterskiing, wakeboarding. All fishing, cruising, boatrace, surfing and then fishing again.

On top of that it is mostly reruns. We will be moving in a couple of weeks and I will switch to DirectTV, the Fuel channel seems to have more wakeboarding.I just CALLED it's Corporate HQ's located in Everett, WA ... they directed me to their Programming, Production & Creative Services Depts, whom I'm calling now. Will address subject matter re: Constant Reruns :mad:

OK .. I easily reached voice mailbox's of Waterchannel's Exective VP and Director of Programming Dept, w/ whom I left a request for return phone call. I'll keep each and everyone of you abreast on the outcome. I also will not fail to mention, your changing of stations due to lack of Wakeboarding coverage.

atlfootr
10-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Speaking of Water Channel, just saw that the Barefoot Worlds will be on on November 19th.YOU probably saw that post from ME :)
I've only plastered it under every possible thread on here :rolleyes:

CoFooter
10-16-2006, 03:16 PM
ATLfooter, actually I saw it this AM on ABC website, then I saw it plastered a dozen other place here. Way cool. I'll have to check out the dish tonight to see if I get the channel or can order it. When you get to talk to the guy, have him put more foot'n on, less bass fishing......

River Rat
10-17-2006, 09:56 PM
They have a lot of re-runs but they are getting better. It takes time to collect the necessary contracts and stuffff :rolleyes: Maybe if we watch enough, their ratings will improve, they will get better shows, and maybe........just maybe they will be shown on cable 8p

atlfootr
10-17-2006, 11:10 PM
ATLfooter,
When you get to talk to the guy, have him put more foot'n on, less bass fishing......He called me today while we were foot'n, I'll return his call tomorrow and let him know what you guys' want from his channel.

atlfootr
10-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Spoke w/ him again, suggested they run many shows related to our sport.
They said, they are attempting to reach out to waterskiing audiance.

slalomskifreak
10-20-2006, 10:47 AM
more local riding shows, we video our rides and would love to send in some of the footage for a show, maybe some others would do the same and it could create a new show.

Curt

twieder
10-20-2006, 11:16 AM
I wonder if they would accept amiture video? Ya know, of local events charity type stuff. Almost everyone has a video camera these days and it would be cool to see some of that type of programing! I don't know if there would be licenseing issues or not, but if noone else owns the rights .....

atlfootr
10-20-2006, 11:24 AM
I was just watching the water channel and "the secret spot" will be on next Sunday 10/22/06 at 8:00 centrat time. :popcorn:Click Video
http://www.waterchannel.com/shows/detail/91.html

Ric
10-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Nice work atlfooter

can someone tell me what number the water channel is on time warner?

twieder
10-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Ok time to call cable co. and have new site in favorites!

Bruce
10-20-2006, 07:02 PM
I want to see the first part you mentioned i.e 35 hp motor and wooden planks. That is exactly how I started in about 1949. We also had "shoe skis" and a "disc" a few years latter Dick Pope Jr. visted a friend in our hometown (Greenville, S.C.) and taught us how to barefoot. Any other survivors on here that old!

Ric
10-21-2006, 12:02 AM
Nice work atlfooter

can someone tell me what number the water channel is on time warner? anyone
anyone

????

Jerseydave
10-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Comcast doesn't carry the Water Channel or Fuel-TV.

Everyone please e-mail comcast and ask for these channels!

Can anyone tape "The secret spot" for me? I'd gladly pay you for your efforts. Thanks.

-Dave