PDA

View Full Version : 2006 X2/maristar 200vrs Trailer

Chief
10-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Does anyone find it difficult to load on these trailers? I have to put the trailer up to the hitch to get it deep enough for loading and have to use good amount of power to get bow to the boat buddy. I believe a center roller would make this easier. I have loaded boat at several different ramps and I really don't like having to put the trailer that deep. Any thoughts?

badams
10-18-2006, 09:47 PM
I have the same trailer but have never had this problem. My wife backs the trailer in and she doesn't put it in the water near that far. She doesn't even get the tongue of the trailer in the water. We have a 2006 Tahoe and the rear tires are just at the waters edge when I'm loading the boat.

Chief
10-18-2006, 09:49 PM
I have the same trailer but have never had this problem. My wife backs the trailer in and she doesn't put it in the water near that far. She doesn't even get the tongue of the trailer in the water. We have a 2006 Tahoe and the rear tires are just at the waters edge when I'm loading the boat.
Thanks, maybe it's just me. I'm use to having the nice roller in the middle that helps when the bow crosses it. Man your a lucky man, a wife that backs the truck up. I have tried, but to no avail.

Thanks

dmayer84
10-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Im pretty sure that it has more to do with the angle of the ramp. I use my boat in two places regularly the one with the steeper ramp I have the same problem. The other ramp thats not as steep the boat floats off with no effort. I would have expected the opposite.

slink976
10-18-2006, 10:41 PM
I find it a touch difficult to line the boat up lol dang pickle fork :) but one one it does take me a touch more power then my prostar 190 used to take me. I thought it was just the diff in hauls.

Chief
10-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Agree on the angle of the ramp.