PDA

View Full Version : this makes me so stinkin mad

rodltg2
10-13-2006, 02:23 PM
if one of you guys lives near this place you should buy it. i cant even buy a the dirt lot for this much here.

http://www.visualtour.com/applets/flashviewer/viewer.asp?t=606493&sk=30&dm=schnitzskis.com

Ric
10-13-2006, 02:27 PM
if one of you guys lives near this place you should buy it. i cant even buy a the dirt lot for this much here.

http://www.visualtour.com/applets/flashviewer/viewer.asp?t=606493&sk=30&dm=schnitzskis.com I like it but
what kinda countertops are those?

erkoehler
10-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Find me that in IL....I'd be all over that :)

rodltg2
10-13-2006, 02:43 PM
you can the whole place here erk

18 acre man made ski lake for sale in Harrisburg, southern Illinois plus another 15 acres, 33 acres total. The lake is approximately 225' x 2,500'. Record capability conditions. The lake sits alongside a main roadway, 1/2 mile outside of town. 1/2 mile from the "COUNTRY CLUB" and "GOLF COURSE". 1/2 mile from million dollar homes. A half mile of decision! The lake runs east-west on Illinois 13e. Use the Google map link below and then zoom in once. A great lake, location, potential and price. And yes, it's buildable. Yours for only $175,000.00 or buy half ownership and ski with me for $100,000.00 e-mail me for more details

Archimedes
10-13-2006, 02:46 PM

http://www.visualtour.com/applets/flashviewer/viewer.asp?t=606493&sk=30&dm=schnitzskis.com

Yeah, but have you ever been to Princeton, Texas? I would never drop $650k on a house there.

Google map it, then go left a bit over to the Plano/Allen border where the Twin Creeks golf course is. I lived in a very nice neighborhood just south of there for about 15 months, similar price range. Sucked a$$. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

I was happy to trade my brand new 3,700 square foot McMansion for my 55 year old, 1600 square foot, million dollar bungalow here in Cali. There's a reason our land is so expensive. It's worth every penny.

erkoehler
10-13-2006, 02:53 PM
you can the whole place here erk

18 acre man made ski lake for sale in Harrisburg, southern Illinois plus another 15 acres, 33 acres total. The lake is approximately 225' x 2,500'. Record capability conditions. The lake sits alongside a main roadway, 1/2 mile outside of town. 1/2 mile from the "COUNTRY CLUB" and "GOLF COURSE". 1/2 mile from million dollar homes. A half mile of decision! The lake runs east-west on Illinois 13e. Use the Google map link below and then zoom in once. A great lake, location, potential and price. And yes, it's buildable. Yours for only $175,000.00 or buy half ownership and ski with me for $100,000.00 e-mail me for more details

hmmmmm......

rodltg2
10-13-2006, 02:53 PM
ive never been to texas. ill just have to belive in what you said when i dump a crap load of money on a dirt lot.

erkoehler
10-13-2006, 02:54 PM
what's the link for the IL ad?

sanjuan23
10-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Let's see here... That would increase my commute from 10 minutes into the 2 hour range given traffic conditions. :(

slink976
10-13-2006, 03:01 PM

I want it! wonder if my company will let me work from my boat...Home i mean

ski_king
10-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Isn't that the lake that G-Man is on?

Ric
10-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah, but have you ever been to Princeton, Texas? I would never drop $650k on a house there.

Google map it, then go left a bit over to the Plano/Allen border where the Twin Creeks golf course is. I lived in a very nice neighborhood just south of there for about 15 months, similar price range. Sucked a$$. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

I was happy to trade my brand new 3,700 square foot McMansion for my 55 year old, 1600 square foot, million dollar bungalow here in Cali. There's a reason our land is so expensive. It's worth every penny. now you had to go and offend somebody didnt you?8p

sanjuan23
10-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Yupp!!!

The message you have entered is too short.

rodltg2
10-13-2006, 03:21 PM
erk, the lake is listed on schnitzskiis.com

Workin' 4 Toys
10-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Rod,
What makes you mad about it, that it's only $540,000, it's in Texas, or that it has laminate countertops??

rodltg2
10-13-2006, 03:41 PM
you cant buy something like that for under 2mil here

Archimedes
10-13-2006, 03:51 PM
now you had to go and offend somebody didnt you?8p

Sorry, didn't mean to. Not trying to be a d$ck, just passin along some perspective to my fellow Californians who grouse about the prices out here.

Tryin-again
10-13-2006, 03:57 PM
"Lighten up Frances......" :D

sanjuan23
10-13-2006, 04:06 PM
"Evidently I swallowed a lot of frustration with pizza"

jeverett
10-13-2006, 04:06 PM
If you want to go there then do! It has to be a complete lifestyle change. That house 5 years from now will still not be worth much more than it is now because of the location. On the otherhand those that have lived on the west coast very long shouldn't complain to much about the equity they are sitting on. My sister and brother-in-law moved to Austin 3 years ago and want to get back to the west coast and are having a really difficult time swollowing the prices out here. The move there is great, the move back is not so good.

jeverett
10-13-2006, 04:10 PM
By the way I have given a lot of thaught to moving to TX because of the lifestyle (i.e. skiing and wakeboarding pretty much year round) and the fact that I can afford an as someone said a "McMansion" but I have a godd job and Bend is not a bad place to live except for the fact that last weekend we went skiing and froze our A$$E$ off!

Tryin-again
10-13-2006, 04:26 PM
If you want to go there then do! It has to be a complete lifestyle change. That house 5 years from now will still not be worth much more than it is now because of the location. On the otherhand those that have lived on the west coast very long shouldn't complain to much about the equity they are sitting on. My sister and brother-in-law moved to Austin 3 years ago and want to get back to the west coast and are having a really difficult time swollowing the prices out here. The move there is great, the move back is not so good.

Most don't admit it around here - but these houses are staying on the market longer and longer - Your sister probably paid a good price (for Austin prices) a few yrs ago - but the market kept pushing until just lately..... The journals and such say we are still hot - but I am watching what is really happening on the ground here....

I have a hard time swallowing Texas prices - I'd have to be a bum there... (Of course some think that I am a bum here) :D

Monte
10-13-2006, 04:28 PM
We've been shoppin. This is the one the Mrs. likes:rolleyes:
http://www.NavicaMLS.net/listings/202/SH38876719A.htm

Tryin-again
10-13-2006, 04:31 PM
We've been shoppin. This is the one the Mrs. likes:rolleyes:
http://www.NavicaMLS.net/listings/202/SH38876719A.htm

I like that - The lot that I want on Lake Austin -- no house...would need a lot of work and question if they will allow a dock.... $850,000.00

That SU*KS!:(

yzwiley
10-13-2006, 04:36 PM
I looked at property in Texas. The factor that scared me away was the property tax. I don't know if the whole state is the same, but I was told of the properties I was looking at in the Austin area the tax is 3.2%. Multiply that times 500k and you've got a whopping $16,000 to pay a year. ...and yeah, I know, no state income tax in Texas, but that tax in CA isn't all that much anyways.

Tryin-again
10-13-2006, 04:52 PM
I looked at property in Texas. The factor that scared me away was the property tax. I don't know if the whole state is the same, but I was told of the properties I was looking at in the Austin area the tax is 3.2%. Multiply that times 500k and you've got a whopping $16,000 to pay a year. ...and yeah, I know, no state income tax in Texas, but that tax in CA isn't all that much anyways.

Yea, They are horrible - I thought I paid off my house 12 yrs ago.... But no.. Now I rent it from the state... I could get a decent apartment if you divided my taxes out by the month......

Monte
10-13-2006, 04:57 PM
I like that - The lot that I want on Lake Austin -- no house...would need a lot of work and question if they will allow a dock.... $850,000.00

There's a lake here in the area that is almost that pricey.... But gotta stay in the budget:D

Archimedes
10-13-2006, 04:58 PM

And Lake Austin isn't exactly what I'd call a great ski lake. Great fun in a runabout, but I wouldn't choose it as a primarly slalom/wakeboard lake.

Archimedes
10-13-2006, 05:01 PM

Well if you're in a high income bracket, the effective state income tax rate out here is around 8-9%, so it is a lot of money, even after your fed deduction for it.

Re: property taxes, when you apply the lower Cali rates (~1-1.5%) against the values here, you still get massively high tax bills. I pay around $10k a year in property taxes and I bought before the big run up in values. People who buy now, even a small ranch home, are buying into $15-20k property tax bills annually.

Tryin-again
10-13-2006, 05:03 PM
And Lake Austin isn't exactly what I'd call a great ski lake. Great fun in a runabout, but I wouldn't choose it as a primarly slalom/wakeboard lake.

Sucks during the day - But early morning its great.... There have been times we are the first out there at daylight... well....it's 20.5 miles from dam to dam... Even when I was in good shape that was alot of glassy free skiing..... Also contant level is nice in these dry years.... don't have to worry with prop problems

Also no matter which direction the breeze is from - you can find a bend that had no wind....

But yea - Sat & Sun afternoon...... It's WALLY WORLD!:mad:

Archimedes
10-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I've only done weekends and it was always pretty rough. Fun lake to cruise though and always good fun to be had at Chuy's there on the lake.

Tryin-again
10-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I've only done weekends and it was always pretty rough. Fun lake to cruise though and always good fun to be had at Chuy's there on the lake.

Yea, lots of rodltg2's and sodarski's friends hang out there.... :D

Tryin-again
10-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Ok Sorry - Threadjack off!. :D

jeverett
10-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Most don't admit it around here - but these houses are staying on the market longer and longer - Your sister probably paid a good price (for Austin prices) a few yrs ago - but the market kept pushing until just lately..... The journals and such say we are still hot - but I am watching what is really happening on the ground here....

I have a hard time swallowing Texas prices - I'd have to be a bum there... (Of course some think that I am a bum here) :D

The biggest problem is that the developers at least in NW Austin are selling the brand new houses for the same price as what they need to sell their 3yr. old house for. Humm lets see new house (w/warranty and yard incl.) vs. 3year old house no brainer. It's got my brother-in-law in a pickle.:(

peason
10-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Erk, isn't there a new ski development just south of Chicago close to Lasalle/Peru?

Ric
10-13-2006, 07:42 PM
I looked at property in Texas. The factor that scared me away was the property tax. I don't know if the whole state is the same, but I was told of the properties I was looking at in the Austin area the tax is 3.2%. Multiply that times 500k and you've got a whopping $16,000 to pay a year. ...and yeah, I know, no state income tax in Texas, but that tax in CA isn't all that much anyways. are we comparing apples to apples?

Tax ~3% of 1/3 the price per sq foot to own in CA and no state income tax in TX...

You know those libs, they like to raise taxes, not lower them:rolleyes:

sassydog
10-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Find me that in IL....I'd be all over that :)

there's a ski community in minooka!!! i drove through it one day, found myself in "barefoot ct" no MC's though, only saw one Malibu.

Ric
10-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to. Not trying to be a d$ck, just passin along some perspective to my fellow Californians who grouse about the prices out here. Hell I know that.... Just pokin at ya...
the more of you fudgers that move to Cali the better I say!! ahahhahahah

anybody know when that new fence southa here will be complete? :duck:

Archimedes
10-14-2006, 03:34 AM
the more of you fudgers that move to Cali the better I say!! ahahhahahah

Hah! The feelin's mutual!
:D

Everytime someone tells me they're thinking of moving out here, I tell them don't, you'd hate it here. What with the high cost of living, liberal tax and spend politics, earthquakes, mudslides, droughts, and power shortages, it's a wonder anyone in their right mind would want to live here. Just an awful place. If they know what's good for them, they'd stay where they are. That usually does the trick...

Datdude
10-14-2006, 11:53 AM
:D

Everytime someone tells me they're thinking of moving out here, I tell them don't, you'd hate it here. What with the high cost of living, liberal tax and spend politics, earthquakes, mudslides, droughts, and power shortages, it's a wonder anyone in their right mind would want to live here. Just an awful place. If they know what's good for them, they'd stay where they are. That usually does the trick...

Why would anyone want to live out there with everything you described?:D

rodltg2
10-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Why would anyone want to live out there with everything you described?:D

for one its going to be almost 80 today. will you be skiing today?

then there is

mild weather, from beach to snowskiing 4 hours, lots of private lakes and public ones, you got major cities and lots of country towns too, great wineries evrywhere, girls are hot, no hurricnaes , tornandoes, ...etc

Archimedes
10-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Aw Rod, you're such a kidder.

Really everyone, it sucks out here. Seriously. You'd hate it.

6ballsisall
10-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Ya'll can keep Commiefornia.......I am serious. The In-laws live in San Jose area........other than visiting them I see no reason I'd live there. But to each their own!! I will say Napa valley is BEAUTIFUL!

yzwiley
10-15-2006, 02:22 AM
are we comparing apples to apples?

Tax ~3% of 1/3 the price per sq foot to own in CA and no state income tax in TX...

You know those libs, they like to raise taxes, not lower them:rolleyes:

A 2500sqft home in my town goes for about 450k. Homes in the area I looked at outside of Austin of the same footage were going for 350k. That's a lot more than a third of the cost.

As far as CA taxes go, with the write-offs I get my rate dips below 2%. So, in the end I'm no better off in Texas, I'm actually worse off with that high property tax.

And last. Where in Texas can you drive an hour to hit the beach, an hour to hit the ski slopes, and ten minutes to hit the lake?

michael freeman
10-15-2006, 10:08 AM
A 2500sqft home in my town goes for about 450k. Homes in the area I looked at outside of Austin of the same footage were going for 350k. That's a lot more than a third of the cost.

As far as CA taxes go, with the write-offs I get my rate dips below 2%. So, in the end I'm no better off in Texas, I'm actually worse off with that high property tax.

And last. Where in Texas can you drive an hour to hit the beach, an hour to hit the ski slopes, and ten minutes to hit the lake?

Location location location. I don't know the austin area (which has mainly priced higher due to CA people moving in and wanted to buy a house for what they sold their CA house), BUT in the DFW area, if you are paying more then $250k you are getting into some nice neighborhoods.

I was watching "flip this house" and they had a house in Watts that I would not let my dog live in, and they paid $250k (trashed), then fixed it up and sold it for $500k,

What I want to know is how CA houses worth $500k can have plastic floor tiles and counters and still sale. At that price in TX the entire house should have Granite everything and high end hardwood floors and quality carpet.

Most CA people I have met in my job want to go back to CA for the mountains, etc., and complain constantly. I support that and suggest they move back, if you don't like Texas you are welcome to leave. I will even help you pack. :D

Archimedes
10-15-2006, 01:10 PM
Can't we all just get along?

Actually, it's a good thing we all disagree on this stuff, or we'd all be crowded into the same place on the map.