PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Digital Pix

3event
10-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Looking for suggestions other than web photo sharing. DVD creation, VCDs . ? . ? How do you enjoy viewing your digital pix?

I have used Iphoto on Mac, and tried ProShow Gold on PC to create slideshow DVDs. Also dropped stills into video editing software. Image quality is not very impressive. Is the PC really the only place I am going to appreciate digital image quality? What have you used to share digital pix?

I could integrate a PC into a media center, or upgrade the TV to a HD that has a memory card slot, but I'm not to THAT point yet. Any suggestions appreciated!

TMCNo1
10-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Our daughter downloads hers into www.Snapfish.com and you can down load them from there in jpeg in good quality from what I have seen!

Farmer Ted
10-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Looking for suggestions other than web photo sharing. DVD creation, VCDs . ? . ? How do you enjoy viewing your digital pix?

I have used Iphoto on Mac, and tried ProShow Gold on PC to create slideshow DVDs. Also dropped stills into video editing software. Image quality is not very impressive. Is the PC really the only place I am going to appreciate digital image quality? What have you used to share digital pix?

I could integrate a PC into a media center, or upgrade the TV to a HD that has a memory card slot, but I'm not to THAT point yet. Any suggestions appreciated!

I heard these guys have a great photo sharing program....
http://tinyurl.com/ykoz4t

3event
10-13-2006, 09:34 AM
good one farmer!

well, maybe i won't share those photos with my family.

Leroy
10-13-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm using Putfile for now and it works pretty well. Have been posting all high school pictures for varsity and JV teams, around 1200 pics. Want to try Picasso, anything google seems to be the best or they just buy them.