PDA

View Full Version : 40' shipping container, need info ?

boatless
10-12-2006, 04:20 PM
I will have a 40' shipping container ship to me from another country, it will be arrive at New York harbor. My question is, how do I get it diliver to a ware house in Michigan ? Who do I contact and how much it usually cost ?

Thanks for the info.

boatless.

ski_king
10-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Check with local freight forwarders, they can set you up.

rodltg2
10-12-2006, 05:04 PM
shouldnt be a problem to find a trucker to do it. i do it all the time with my granite containers. i pay about $600 and its a about a 2 1/2 hour drive

3event
10-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Dude, you should NOT have bought all those Mastercrafts from ebay, I'm telling you the container is going to be EMPTY !

j/k

Yeah, call a local forwarder. If you know anyone in a mfg/dist company locally check with them on who they use to be safe about it.

justinlkgb
10-12-2006, 05:40 PM
We haved shipped things into NYC via a truck line and they actually have an extra charge for going into NY:twocents:

Maristar210
10-12-2006, 10:19 PM
I do this crap for a living. If you want some inside info, PM me..

Leroy
10-12-2006, 11:26 PM
What's the inside scoop? Yell at Vinnie down the hall "get my shet here"? :D

I do this crap for a living. If you want some inside info, PM me..

JDK
10-13-2006, 02:00 AM
I will have a 40' shipping container ship to me from another country, it will be arrive at New York harbor. My question is, how do I get it diliver to a ware house in Michigan ? Who do I contact and how much it usually cost ?

Thanks for the info.

boatless.

No offence, but if you are asking a question like this ......you should have been doing a lot of research a lot sooner than this. Also, keep in mind that you are going to be paying the trucker for the New York / Michigan ROUND TRIP because the container needs to be delivered back to the New York docks.
The best way to handle this type of delivery is to arrange a door to door shipment with the freight forwarder who is responsible for getting the container shipped from whatever foreign country you are dealing with into New York. This is BY FAR the cheapest, simplest and easiest way to do this.
If you've bought a containerload of widgets "fob-New York docks", and your foreign supplier is paying the freight to New York, you would be WAY further ahead to pay your supplier the extra $$$ to get it delivered to your door.
Shoot me a pm if you have any further questions. Like Rod, I do this a lot.

boatless
10-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Guys,
Thank you so much for all the info.

JDK,
That is what I was going to do. Have my supplier deliver the container to the ware house. I just want to check to see which is the best way and seem like you have the info for me, I'll be pm you and Maristar210 soon.

Thanks again.

boatless.

Maristar210
10-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Boatless PM sent....

Maristar210
10-13-2006, 11:39 AM
What's the inside scoop? Yell at Vinnie down the hall "get my shet here"? :D

Something like that. I have a broker that handles it I guess is what I meant. Too lazy to type that last night I guess.....

Steve