10-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Seems we have a conflict of seasons....

erkoehler
10-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Just took these shots about 5 minutes ago:rolleyes:

shepherd
10-12-2006, 01:40 PM
That is so sad... :(

Bring those puppies down here Erk! I'll walk 'em for you this winter...

Ric
10-12-2006, 01:40 PM
hope you winterized

erkoehler
10-12-2006, 01:42 PM
hope you winterized

Ummm.....nope! Its not supposed to stay cold very long, so we'll be fine for now.:cool:

Ric
10-12-2006, 01:46 PM
we have a cold front hitting here today, I may need to winterize.................. :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
10-12-2006, 01:47 PM
U keep that stuff up there Eric or I might be forced to move farther south!!!!!!!!!!

Ric
10-12-2006, 01:50 PM
your friends will have plenty of room for you at ski Texas Jeff

6ballsisall
10-12-2006, 01:51 PM
your friends will have plenty of room for you at ski Texas Jeff

dont tempt me!! :D

pram
10-12-2006, 01:53 PM
hey Eric, I was wondering about this yesterday when I was at our local dealer and never thought to ask them.

What happens if a cold snap comes through when there is a pile of customer boats waiting to be winterized and the blocks freeze and crack? Is it the customers responsibility or the dealers? I know of guys that always wait until the last minute to take it to the dealer and then they are at the back of the line obviously to get winterized. I have never heard of it happening but I am sure that it could.

6ballsisall
10-12-2006, 01:55 PM
hey Eric, I was wondering about this yesterday when I was at our local dealer and never thought to ask them.

What happens if a cold snap comes through when there is a pile of customer boats waiting to be winterized and the blocks freeze and crack? Is it the customers responsibility or the dealers? I know of guys that always wait until the last minute to take it to the dealer and then they are at the back of the line obviously to get winterized. I have never heard of it happening but I am sure that it could.

don't know about in Eric's world but down here its the boat owners fault. In fact, I know of one dealership (not MC) that makes you sign a waiver stating that.

RexDog1
10-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Maybe I will stay in California

be safe:cool:

pram
10-12-2006, 02:09 PM
don't know about in Eric's world but down here its the boat owners fault. In fact, I know of one dealership (not MC) that makes you sign a waiver stating that.

That is the way that it should be. I just wondered as there must have 100 boats in the lot yesterday and there is no way that they could winterize them all in a hurry if a bad cold snap came.

Tryin-again
10-12-2006, 02:18 PM
That is so sad... :(

Bring those puppies down here Erk! I'll walk 'em for you this winter...

Ditto!! We will take good care of them......:D

pq2
10-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Not so cold down here...

Tryin-again
10-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Not so cold down here...

Hold on, pq2 - you posted that picture last month - are you sure it hadn't cooled down just a little??:purplaugh :purplaugh

pq2
10-12-2006, 02:37 PM
jajajajaja, you got me, but no, water is warm and glassy.

Tryin-again
10-12-2006, 02:40 PM
jajajajaja, you got me, but no, water is warm and glassy.

I would expect nothing else - except to say, And the women are hot! :D

trickskier
10-12-2006, 02:47 PM

Gald it's you & not me! Reptiles like WARM weather!!!

pq2
10-12-2006, 02:47 PM
always!!! :)

Workin' 4 Toys
10-12-2006, 03:04 PM
What happens if a cold snap comes through when there is a pile of customer boats waiting to be winterized and the blocks freeze and crack?
This question actually made me laugh.
Ask him this too, if you have a new boat for 364 days and before you brought it to the dealer, you did them a favor and drained the oil for the oil change to save .07 hours. They did not get to work on it for 2 days, they decided to do the flush on the system first and ran it. While the engine was running during the flush, it locked up... Who's fault was it......??:rolleyes:

When taking these questions to the extreme, let's go all the way......:purplaugh

Workin' 4 Toys
10-12-2006, 03:06 PM
In your pics, I thought FOR SURE, there was going to be a snowmobile in on trade for one of those.....

erkoehler
10-12-2006, 03:16 PM
We take snowmobiles in on trade :)

SkiDog
10-12-2006, 03:38 PM
I hate to rub it in - Sunny and 84 here in So. Ga.:D

TMCNo1
10-12-2006, 03:40 PM

Can you read lips, 8p puttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

boatless
10-12-2006, 03:42 PM
The way I look at it,
If you can't handle the load, don't accept more business. A shop close to my place, would tell me when to bring the boat in.

boatless.

LakePirate
10-12-2006, 03:44 PM

Well we are getting a dam frost here friday night. Low of 40 high of 66 tomorrow, 71 on saturday. Not nice.

erkoehler
10-12-2006, 03:45 PM
All of our service work is done by appointment. The boats in the picture are all "stock" boats.

If someone were to lets say drop there boat off today and not have an appointment until Nov. 1 and the engine cracked between now and then.....we are not liable. We will do our best to atleast drain all the blocks of the boats on the property, but our service work is done by appointment.

pram
10-12-2006, 03:46 PM
This question actually made me laugh.
Ask him this too, if you have a new boat for 364 days and before you brought it to the dealer, you did them a favor and drained the oil for the oil change to save .07 hours. They did not get to work on it for 2 days, they decided to do the flush on the system first and ran it. While the engine was running during the flush, it locked up... Who's fault was it......??:rolleyes:

When taking these questions to the extreme, let's go all the way......:purplaugh

Ok then if you want to go to the extreme, you drop your boat off 2 weeks ago to get it winterized and 15 of the dealers buddies drop their boats off after you and theirs get done yours doesn't. Freezes and cracks. Now what?????

This never happened so I ain't fishing, I thought it was legitimate question on the dealers responsibility to your boat. Have you ever seen or heard of a dealer pushing someone else repairs/service off to help someone else out? Like a good buddy or family? I tell yah if I dropped my boat off 2 weeks ago for winterizing and it froze now I would be calling a lawyer.

Taking the oil out of it is something that a wally would do (any experience with this W4T?)

pram
10-12-2006, 03:46 PM
All of our service work is done by appointment. The boats in the picture are all "stock" boats.

If someone were to lets say drop there boat off today and not have an appointment until Nov. 1 and the engine cracked between now and then.....we are not liable. We will do our best to atleast drain all the blocks of the boats on the property, but our service work is done by appointment.

That is what I thought, I just wondered that is all.

Archimedes
10-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Just took these shots about 5 minutes ago:rolleyes:

Good thing the bimini's up to keep the boat dry...:D

trickskier
10-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Well we are getting a dam frost here friday night. Low of 40 high of 66 tomorrow, 71 on saturday. Not nice.

Hey LP,
Going to put the M/C in the St. Johns Saturday & cruise down to the Outback Crab Shack for some Low Country Boil.....Want a ride? OH yeah, my son's driving so I'll be able to enjoy some adult beverages!:dance: :friday:

MCXSS
10-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Erk, please tell me my boat wasn't left out in the snow. I had an appointment. I'll have to add another rule to my list, "Don't leave boat out in snow!"

pilot02
10-12-2006, 04:52 PM

Want to ski this weekend Lakey?

erkoehler
10-12-2006, 04:56 PM

:D I'm in :)

LakePirate
10-12-2006, 05:17 PM

Yep

I will give you a call later.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Taking the oil out of it is something that a wally would do (any experience with this W4T?)
Do I sense some hostility...
Nope, but thanks for asking.8p

Next question, if someone were to bring in a boat for service, lets say it was low on fuel, the service tech did a lake test and ran it out of fuel, now it needs a tow in, fuel, and now a fuel pump for running it dry....
Who's resposibility is it....
Lighten up, jeeeeez.....:purplaugh

TMCNo1
10-13-2006, 09:21 AM
This is not good either, http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm Click on "Top Headlines", Click Next and see "2 feet of Snow Falls in Western NY"!

boatless
10-13-2006, 12:22 PM
How about,

When I come to pick up the boat at the dealer after being service, only to find out that there are scratches all over the boat, the spare and stereo are gone. Carpets got oil stain all over. Who will be responsible for it ? :D This happen to my previous I/O boat. The service call me to pick up the boat a week earlier then I was told. The family was on vacation, came back and got the message. Went to pick up the boat and could not believe what I saw. The service people said they call and left a message for me to come and pick it up so they left the boat out side over night. That make me responsible for not picking up the boat. :rolleyes: My insurance end up paying for everything. I have to pay $500.00 for the deductable. :mad:

boatless.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-13-2006, 12:44 PM
If I brought in a boat that was stuck on the bunks, who pays to have the cutting boards installed...?:rolleyes:

If I cover the boat all the time, except once, and it fills with water on a heavy rain, then cover it, and my seats turn pink, can I get it covered under warranty?:rolleyes: