PDA

View Full Version : I find this interesting...

M-Funf
10-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Does anybody else find it interesting that the opposite end of a paint can opener is a bottle opener???

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/265207_front500.jpg

Does that mean painters don't like screw caps or cans? :rolleyes:

bigmac
10-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Does anybody else find it interesting that the opposite end of a paint can opener is a bottle opener???

They do that because often, getting a raw water pump impeller out, especially in a V-drive, takes a couple of bottles of beer.

Tryin-again
10-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Personally it takes several 6-packs per gallon of paint...... :rolleyes:

trickskier
10-11-2006, 03:47 PM

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/265207_front500.jpg

Since most painters are alcoholics, it makes perfect since to put a bottle opener with a tool he uses a lot. One less thing to keep up with. :friday: :uglyhamme

bcampbe7
10-11-2006, 04:02 PM
I didn't see one paint can opener on Mag's boat... :confused:

Monte
10-11-2006, 04:13 PM

I've never met one that picky, what I'm amazed by is last winter while reconstucting my entire house... I never noticed that... :( :( Dou you know how many perfectly good bottle openers I threw away??:mad:

sassydog
10-11-2006, 04:17 PM
As a union carpenter, i'l well aware of what tools can be used as bottle openers. There's also a line of cat's paws/pry bars that have a built-in bottle opener on the side. It's the "exhumer" by Death Stick/Dead-On tools

Chief
10-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Painters that drink SAM ADAMS!

Workin' 4 Toys
10-12-2006, 08:52 AM
It's not only painters......:rolleyes: Ever wonder why electricians have so many Klein tool handles sticking out of their tool belts and all they really use is one philips and one straight slot screwdriver......:purplaugh

TMCNo1
10-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Since most painters are alcoholics, it makes perfect since to put a bottle opener with a tool he uses a lot. One less thing to keep up with. :friday: :uglyhamme
Gee thanks trick! and I thought the http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12351, thread was drawing blood! :D Jus kiddin'!8p

Mag_Red
10-12-2006, 07:57 PM
I didn't see one paint can opener on Mag's boat... :confused:That's because the skipper doesn't actually ever paint:D Actually real painters use a tool called a 5 in 1 to open the gallon cans.8p And yes...........most painters are alcoholics. I'm just lucky to have a few that don't have serious drinking issues.

Mag_Red
10-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Some one did leave two Mastercraft bottle openers in one of the drawers though.:banana:

Hoosier Bob
10-12-2006, 08:39 PM
My favorite tool made is known as the "Loo Loo!" Some people call it different things but the painters tool is a scraper, hammer, can opener, spreader, edger, roller cleaner, screwdriver and a heck of a butt scratcher!
Salesman/Painter!