PDA

View Full Version : New Skins

bradamerry
12-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Mastercraft is going to make me some original skins for my 87'. But this is the last year they will make the 87's. So you guys with 87's you had better order them before the end of the year, if you want some. I went through the local MC dealer to get mine. I think the price is fair @ $850.00 for everything, too.

Lance
12-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Do you have to go through a dealer for these or can you contact Mastercraft directly? If not, does anyone know a good dealer that I would work with that would be willing to drop ship them to my place in Virginia (the one dealer that is relatively close absolutely sucks). Also, do you need to get a full set? I would probably like to get a full set plus a partial set that consists of the drivers and passengers seat only.

I should probably replace the whole set but the parts that are the very worst are the front seats. My plan is to replace the full set when I am at the point that I can take better care of my MC (i.e. a full garage rather than carport) but would like to get the seats updated as they are in terrible shape.

G-man
12-09-2004, 04:34 PM
You need to got through the dealer. Team Mastercraft is the only thing they will do direct with the customer. You may price it with two dealers and get it less expensive.

east tx skier
12-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Lance, you can buy it piecemeal. They're made on an as-ordered basis. You'll need your hull ID #.

atlfootr
12-09-2004, 05:01 PM
These are pic's from before and after, of my '93 MastCraft Barefoot 200. I live in GA. and had these re-skinned in TN., from a guy that worked in the upolestery department w/ MC 12-15 yrs at the plant located in Vonore, TN. He and his wife did the work in their home basement, you can only imagine the savings $$$$$$ :headbang:

BriEOD
12-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Did you add the back to seats? Pretty cool.

milkmania
12-09-2004, 05:29 PM
would the upolsterer be interested in you giving out his name and address??? How many hours has he got into it?

my 1991 could use some new skins....only a few minor things worng with them now, but it would sure appreciated the value of the boat.

great looking boat and upholstery:toast:

Farmer Ted
12-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Dude,

That's an awesome price! Did you get the same colors or Black and Gold?

bradamerry
12-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Same colors, a$$ :mad: !!! I may need to borrow your spare Monday. You need to come to the camp Saturday for some Brad cooking.

Farmer Ted
12-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Let me know about the spare, I'm painting and moving boxes on Saturday.

Farmer Ted
12-09-2004, 07:47 PM
How long did she estimate for it to get done? Is that her doing it or just getting the skins drop shipped to you from MC?

You should call the dealer in Conway and see what they charge?

atlfootr
12-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Did you add the back to seats? Pretty cool.
Yes, the back to the seats were added on as well :)
He did EVERYTHING upholstery wise :cool: Saved me a fortune! :toast:

bradamerry
12-09-2004, 08:20 PM
That's just for the skins, no work involved.

atlfootr
12-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Would the upolsterer be interested in you giving out his name and address??? How many hours has he got into it?

Have to ask him, I'll let you know.

I'll call him tonight and get back with you or anyone else who maybe interested in having their's done, now's the time of year for that.

I'll let him know the details re: your '91 and thanks for the comp on my
great looking boat and upholstery :toast:

BrianM
12-09-2004, 08:26 PM
For those of you looking for skins I just got a newsletter from Bennetts that says they are offering 20% off on all MC skins and thought I would pass it along. www.skibennetts.com (http://www.skibennetts.com)

BriEOD
12-10-2004, 08:33 AM
FT--nice quote. ;)

atlfootr
12-10-2004, 08:39 AM
Words out to ALL MC boat owners ... my bud Jim in TN, will take on all new callers for BRAND NEW SKIN replacement(s)! :dance:

Check pic's above on my Barefoot 200, of before and after. :)
His prices CAN'T be beat- his quality of craftsmanship is UNSURPASSED! :toast:

Just email me and I'll put you in touch w/ him ... :headbang:

atlantabarefoot@adelphia.net
footin@adelphia.net

east tx skier
12-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Okay, I've got calls in to Rambo, Bennetts, and altfootr.

G-man
12-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Doug While your at it contact mcboats.com in Arkansas. If you can thru to Joe let him know I told you to call. If you can't get him talk with his parts guy and let him know you are a team mastercraft member.

atlfootr
12-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Did I mention, my bud Jim worked as an uphoster for MasterCraft for over 12 years? :confused: Wonder'n why you guy's think you can get a better deal somewhere else :(

east tx skier
12-10-2004, 11:44 AM
For those of you looking for skins I just got a newsletter from Bennetts that says they are offering 20% off on all MC skins and thought I would pass it along. www.skibennetts.com (http://www.skibennetts.com)

Got a quote from Lex at Rambo Marine (what a nice guy). Not bad, which means a bit less than I expected.

Just spoke to the guy at Bennetts (Esteban) and he said the 20% off is for some skins (depending on the year/model). Waiting to hear back on a price from them.

Left a message for altfootr's contact. Waiting to hear back. Not convinced I can get a better deal elsewhere, but as the man says, it always pays to shop around.

Great info everyone! Thanks.

PS: George, don't tell, but I'm not a Team MC Member, technically (although I do have a sweet banner). I just donate my time and keystrokes. :) I've got 3 calls out at this point and am exhausted.

G-man
12-10-2004, 12:04 PM
Doug Your obviously a few keystrokes short but putting that aside you should join if for nothing more than a new MC Tee shirt every year. I'll bribe you, join and I will send you this years MC wakeboard inspired receiver hitch cover. gm

east tx skier
12-10-2004, 12:49 PM
We'll see. I just ordered a cool early 90s vintage (NIB) MC t-shirt off of ebay for $9. But I'll probably join, no hitch cover necessary (but I sure do appreciate the offer).

Lance
12-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Who can talk about: 1) the quality of the fabric from the sources listed above (both MC and non-MC)... is it the same as what was originally used (in my case back in 87), better, or worse (I'm not even sure how to measure that quantitatively... I guess it is oz/in sq or something), and 2) how closely will it match the original color?

As I posted previously, I would like to replace the skins on only the front seats for now which means the fabric should ideally be the same. When I eventually replace the full set it isn't so important that it matches what was originally there but should at least be good quality that will last another ~17 years.

east tx skier
12-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Lance, Bennetts and Rambo are MC dealers. Thus, the vinyl should be identical (at least in my expericene ordering skins in the past).

I am waiting to hear back from altfootr's contact, but had the same question. With the original MC skins, I think it's less about weight and more about finish. In my experience with purchasing marine vinyl locally, you can get the highest quality available, but it won't match (feel-wise) with the, sort of, glossy finish that is on the OEM MasterCraft skins. From the looks of altfootr's boat, his contact has the color scheme perfect. But I plan to ask about (1) whether he is using the OEM vinyl, and (2) whether he can get the "stamped MC" emblem in the vinyl as this is necessary on my two side panels. Since he apparently worked for MC for 12 years, I wouldn't be surprised if the answer to both questions is "yes."

Lance
12-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the response east_tx_skier... in 87 they were still using a vinyl that didn't have the glossy finish (actually the color stripes are a glossy vinyl but the base color [gray in my case]has texture). My brother has either an 88 or 89 prostar and has the newer style vinyl. If I replace all my skins I would probably prefer to go to the newer style but iteration 1 is to simply reskin the front seats.

Let me know how things go with atlfooter's contact as I might go that route as well.

Thanks again.
Lance

east tx skier
12-10-2004, 02:46 PM
I'll keep you posted. So far, the only one who has gotten back to me with prices is Lex at Rambo. He's such a nice guy, I'd almost be willing to pay a little more to do business with him. But for a significant discount for the same product, I remain uncommitted.

Dean Witmer
12-10-2004, 03:03 PM
I just ordered new skins for my '93 prostar from Bay Area Watersports in Tampa. The price was right, the service was great and they drop shipped them right to me. Call Jim or Chuck at 813-996 2297

Jorski
12-10-2004, 05:42 PM
I just ordered new skins for my '93 prostar from Bay Area Watersports in Tampa. The price was right, the service was great and they drop shipped them right to me. Call Jim or Chuck at 813-996 2297
Any chance that you could tell us hat the new skins cost ?

east tx skier
12-10-2004, 06:25 PM
I just got a quote from Bennetts that's going to be tough to beat. It was my lowest quote so far even before they knocked 20% off (that is, as Brian said earlier, for all MC boats). If any 93 205 owners are interested, Esteban should still have the price list in hand as he had all the skins priced when he called me back although I'm not planning to order a full set of replacements.

6ballsisall
12-12-2004, 10:14 PM
atlfooter

Can I get the number for your contact on skins? My 86 needs a make over. You can email me @ jdrandol@hotmail.com

atlfootr
12-12-2004, 10:44 PM
I'll email you w/ my number - call me.

east tx skier
12-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Atlfootr,

Thanks again for taking the time to help us out with info on the skins. Much appreciated.

BrianM
12-13-2004, 01:50 PM
I have looked to have my interior redone by a local shop that is known for great work. When he saw my boat the first thing that he said was that he was not going to be able to match the upholstery exactly. With my '88 they used a kind of basket weave textured vinyl to contrast with the smooth. Looks really nice but the guy at the shop said that he would not be able to get it because many of the boat manufacturers have special runs of vinyl made for their boats i.e. Mastercraft logos, special pattern etc. Just something to be aware of if you go the custom route.

My skins are in great shape especially for their age but I might give Bennetts a call to see what I can get a set for especially if MC is not going to be making the older skins. Someone said that they will not be making '87 any longer than next year. Makes me wonder if '88 is going away at the same time. I may buy the skins now, put another season on mine and then replace next year.

Finally, does anyone know if you can get MC to make the original skins but in defferent colors? I have been thinking that if I have mine redone that I would go with a light grey instead of white. Would be easier to keep clean.

H20skeefreek
12-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Finally, does anyone know if you can get MC to make the original skins but in defferent colors? I have been thinking that if I have mine redone that I would go with a light grey instead of white. Would be easier to keep clean.

not to my understanding. the previous owner of my boat (a red '85 S&S that has faded to orange) ordered new skins. when he ordered them, he requested black instead of red, so to not clash with the now orange boat. They told him no, but after much argueing, finally agreed to send grey with black. when he got them, they were red.

so, if you want to change colors, i'd probably have a local do it.

Lance
12-13-2004, 04:20 PM
BrianM, you might be able to get a gray base color by telling the dealer that the base color of your boat is gray (i believe the three base colors in 88 were white, gray, beige). I have an 87 that is gray and blue (and so is the matching interior) and that is what I will be expecting to get. Everyone I have talked to wants the VIN number which I assume it either has the paint color coded into it or they can go back and look at their records and see what the color was. If you can't order skins without giving the VIN number then maybe you will need to find someone with the gray base and the same color as yours (it looks blue in your profile picture which would be the same as mine except wrong year).

As far as ending production... I have gotten various stories. No one that I have talked to seems to know definitively that they are stopping production of 87s but most have heard the same rumor (who knows maybe the rumor started here). Anyway, what I have heard is that it is the last year for 87 through 92.

Lance

scott88prostar
12-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Hey Scott aka Atl footer

I'd love to talk to your guy. Your boat looks great!....I want to get mine done this year but not knowing someone who is good is whats holding me back.. Im in Chicago and could ship em...or I could drive em south and go skiing with lawn chairs while he fixes my interior!..my email is scott41@comcast.net

thanks
Scott

atlfootr
12-13-2004, 11:47 PM
Atlfootr,

Thanks again for taking the time to help us out with info on the skins. Much appreciated.

Anytime, and good luck :)

atlfootr

atlfootr
12-13-2004, 11:51 PM
Hey Scott aka Atl footer
I'd love to talk to your guy, your boat looks great!....
thanks Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the comp, I sent you an email.
Look forwd to hearing from you soon.

atlfootr :D

east tx skier
12-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Lance, you're right, the interior color can be deciphered from the Hull ID Number plus those last two letters on the end. When I asked my local dealer about discontinuing early 90s skins, he said that this was more likely for boats like the 200 VRS and Tristars, and less likely for Prostars since more prostars were sold during that era. But, as you said, it's largely speculation.

kjohnson
12-14-2004, 11:28 AM
I talked with a factory rep the other day. He said that after Jan1 you will only be able to get solid color skins for 91-93 Prostars. If you need skins with accent colors, you had better order by the end of this month.

east tx skier
12-14-2004, 11:34 AM
Glad I ordered last week.

kjohnson
12-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Oh by the way, my dealer wanted $1600 for all the skins. I have a 91 Prostar closed bow.

east tx skier
12-14-2004, 12:16 PM
I've priced a couple of dealers and feel like I got a heck of a deal on the 5 skins I ordered.

EFiles
12-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Brad,

What dealer did you use? I'm in the Monroe area and got a backseat skin from Gus Campbell a while back.

By the way, thanks for the heads up. I was planning to order skins but not till after the 1st of the year.

east tx skier
12-14-2004, 05:04 PM
efiles, since Brad hasn't responded yet, you might give Bennett's a call. They're not as close to you as Gus, but the price sure was great, even before the 20% discount.

bradamerry
12-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Gus Campbell Watersports. Sorry I've been asleep on this thread.

east tx skier
12-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Slightly off the subject ...

I just saw that the somewhat local dealer that won top service for my region (I think) is the same one who I initially called about skins. After taking down my hull ID, etc., I still haven't heard back from them with prices (over a week). Too late now. I'm glad the out-of-state dealers were so helpful. Kudos to Rambo Marine and Bennett's for getting back to me so quickly (both in under 24 hours). I'm sure other dealers are as eager to help as well, but I didn't contact more than these three.

I don't know how many times I'm going to keep calling that first dealer as they have done this to me on two other ocassions (when will I learn). The thing is, this puts me in a bit of a spot theoretically. Let's say I decided to buy a new boat. If it was going to be a MasterCraft (and I was still pretty burned about my most recent, and perhaps last, experience with this dealer), I'd probably have to drive at least 200 miles or more to get a MC. Of course, I did this before, and with a CC dealer 15 miles away. Surely, it's plain where my brand loyalty lies. But without true award-winning service, I take pause.

Oh, and congrats on their service award. They should spend less time polishing it.

/pfff :noface:

//sorry for the rant

Lance
12-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Sorry to hear East_tx_skier that you too have had that kind of experience with your mastercraft dealer. I had to deal with one in Annapolis, MD and got so frustrated with them I have decided never to go back. There isn't anyone else close to me (and that was an hour away as it was). What is frustrating is MasterCraft won't sell stuff direct to individuals (presumably to keep their dealers happy) but refused to get involved to help out basically leaving you in a pickle. The one good thing I got from mastercraft was a recommendation to call Rambo marine.

As a result I have been dealing with Rambo marine for nearly a decade and can't say enough good things about them. More recently I have dealt with SKIDIM and have also been happy. I have also talked to other dealers that were from out of state and had good luck as well.

Fortunately I can do all of my maintenance (so far) on my own so don't need the services of a MC dealer. In fact this point has been a primary driver in my decision not to get a new mastercraft... basically I am concerned I wouldn't be able to do the maintenance on a new MC with the electronic everything and I don't want to be forced to work with a dealer. I am settling into the notion of sticking with my '87 and its carburetor and standard points for the long haul even though my wife has been suggesting that we get a new one for the kids.

What are you going to do?
Lance

Brn85ss
12-15-2004, 12:58 AM
Lance
I agree I will never own a boat with a check engine light. One in every car is enough.I must add that if your boat breaks down on vacation and you can work on the boat yourself you might be able to save the trip.There isn't a dealer close to every lake ,and marina mechanics can be alittle rough. :toast:

EFiles
12-15-2004, 10:27 AM
Brad and East Tx,

Thanks for the replies.

I can second the recommendations on Rambo Marine. I bought my '87 PS 190 used from them back in 1995 and had a really good experience.

east tx skier
12-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Even though it's not their brand, SWCC always goes above and beyond the call for me. When we couldn't turn up the right gaskets for my new intake manifold, and the local auto part suppliers were stumped, SWCC was on the phone with both me and my installing mechanic to make it right. I went and picked up my gasket set this morning. The service tech and the parts guy greeted me by name and, perhaps without knowing it, beat skidim's price slightly.

So lets review. Award winning MC dealer has, for all intents and purposes, blown me off. Local CC dealer, who didn't make a dime off the sale of my boat and isn't doing the labor on the intake replacement, has my part waiting for me and works with the other mechanic to make sure I'm taken care of.

MC ought to give them the award in my opinion.

Now I've gone and said it.

/zips up flame suit. Bring it on! Point that finger. Four are pointed back at you!
//plans on keeping his MC for a long time!

kjohnson
12-15-2004, 12:58 PM
I currently own a Mastercraft. Prior to that, I owned a Correct Craft. I can honestly say that dealing with a CC dealer is a much better experience. I hate to say it, but I will probably switch back when it is time to get a new boat.

east tx skier
12-15-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. Although I'm extremely dissatisfied with one MC dealer in particular, I am quite satisfied with my boat. I guess I was set off by that particular dealer's regional "award-winning" status for service, which to me, would seem to include the parts department.

BrianM
12-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Just got off of the phone with Bennett's and was floored by what a great deal a full set of skins for my boat was. $774 for everything in my '88. From some previous posts I was expecting twice that Now I have to decide if I want to spend that money now to have a full set of Mastercraft skins for an upholstery redo that is at least a year away or just have them done custom when the time comes. Price will probably be about the same with installation. I would kind of like to change the interior up a bit but there is something to be said for OE skins. I mean the ones that are on there now are 16 years old and just now starting to show a bit of wear.

east tx skier
12-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Brian, although I never mentioned a price before, I'll iterate that I have never seen such a deal on the vinyl. Got a quote within 24 hours, too. Way to go Bennett's! With most of the pieces, installation is something you can easily do yourself with a staple gun, some spare time, and a few thousand SS staples.

Just got my receipt. Total for the motorbox, the driver's seat base, both side panels, observer's armrest, and bow seat back was $513 shipping included.

tph
12-16-2004, 12:51 PM
I just received an Email from Bennetts. They said that the last day to get an order in for older mastercraft skins is tomorrow. MC is on holiday after that.

MarkP
12-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Man

At those pricesÖ Makes me wish I could pull the trigger on a set:(

6ballsisall
12-16-2004, 04:19 PM
holy Cow!! ATLfootr's contact is awesome!! His prices are less than any other posted on here and he uses Mastercraft materials!! Can't wait to get out there and tear off the old ones and get the new ones!!

:toast:

east tx skier
12-16-2004, 04:48 PM
jrandol, does that include the MasterCraft heat stamp in places like the observer seat back, the back seat back, and the side panels? Glad you got a good deal!

Tom Wortham
12-17-2004, 03:55 PM
I just got a quote from Bennetts that's going to be tough to beat. It was my lowest quote so far even before they knocked 20% off (that is, as Brian said earlier, for all MC boats). If any 93 205 owners are interested, Esteban should still have the price list in hand as he had all the skins priced when he called me back although I'm not planning to order a full set of replacements.

Doug,
Your boat is always perfect. Something happen to cause you to get ALL new skins. Forgive me... it's been a while since my last post. Working too much. Best Regards, Tom :D

Tom Wortham
12-17-2004, 04:03 PM
holy Cow!! ATLfootr's contact is awesome!! His prices are less than any other posted on here and he uses Mastercraft materials!! Can't wait to get out there and tear off the old ones and get the new ones!!

:toast:

I'm calling Bennetts now.. was the price from ATLfootr's better?
I'll hold off if so. Need a full set of skins for a 1986. Regards, Tom

scott88prostar
12-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Hey All!

Rob aka (Atl footer )very helpful!....Bennetts beat everyone, for my skins $745....others were way high.....my local dealer $1,100.00...another 1,300.00....I dont think hes gonna get any kind of work from me.... I get my x-mas present in 4-6 weeks....has anybody replaced the skins themselves....I love to work on stuff but I dont want to screw it up....I imagine you just go slow and put it on the way it came off....anyone know any tricks or resources?...Merry Xmas to all!

east tx skier
12-17-2004, 05:02 PM
Tom, the skins I bought looked fine at a few feet away, but up close, there are som tiny nicks that just bug me. I did not get all new skins. I just got the five I listed above. I probably will get my new skins and put them in a closet for a couple of years until they really need replacing. Just good to have them in case they become unavailable.

Scott, using the skin provided by MC, I replaced my observer seat base last year. It's not a fast process, but can be done pretty easily with most pieces I'd think. Basically, you remove the vinyl strip that hides the staples. Then use a flat-head screwdriver to pry out the old staples. Once they're out, you just pull the old skin off and put the new one on. Attach the new skin witha staplegun and stainless steel staples. Start in the middle of a side and work to the corners/edges, pulling it tight as you go. When you've got it stapled, reapply the cover strip (spread the two pieces of vinyl and staple in between.

Some pieces may be a little easier than others.

scott88prostar
12-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Thanks Tex,

I think I want to try it!...any tips help....my boat doesnt have the curves like the newer boats.

east tx skier
12-17-2004, 05:28 PM
Tips? See above. If it's got plastic covering the foam, and it has holes in it, you might want to replace. It's about the weight of plastic drycleaning suit bags. Also, let the foam dry if necessary.

Jorski
12-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Does anyone know the weight of the OE vinyl replacement skins ?

Also, is it me or does it strike anyone as odd that they are going to make skins in a solid color only for the 91-93 prostars ? I for one was caught offguard. Perhaps MC could announce things like that at this website with some time remaining - TEAM MC ?!

Hoff1
12-21-2004, 05:03 PM
I believe that 38 ounce is what was typical. Lower weight was used on some colors for a shot period with poor results.

Tom Wortham
12-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Hey All!

Rob aka (Atl footer )very helpful!....Bennetts beat everyone, for my skins $745....others were way high.....my local dealer $1,100.00...another 1,300.00....I dont think hes gonna get any kind of work from me.... I get my x-mas present in 4-6 weeks....has anybody replaced the skins themselves....I love to work on stuff but I dont want to screw it up....I imagine you just go slow and put it on the way it came off....anyone know any tricks or resources?...Merry Xmas to all!

Scott, Just go the same deal for a full set of skins for my 86. I have been holding off too long. Merry Christmas to ME :D

BriEOD
12-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Tom, yeah no kidding. Nice present!

6ballsisall
12-26-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm calling Bennetts now.. was the price from ATLfootr's better?
I'll hold off if so. Need a full set of skins for a 1986. Regards, Tom

Sorry Tom, just checked back on this thread. Price was awesome, I am getting everything minus the back seat (don't have one :( ) done for $400! I am stoked!!

sfitzgerald351
12-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Sorry Tom, just checked back on this thread. Price was awesome, I am getting everything minus the back seat (don't have one :( ) done for $400! I am stoked!!

Wow! That's a great price. Can someone PM me his contact info? I'm not going to be able to do it this year, but would love to have it for next!

Tom Wortham
01-04-2005, 07:38 PM

VERY Sweet Price! I'm curious to know how close they will match the org. skins that are on now. Guess it won't matter since all are being replaced. Post some pics after you are done. I'll do the same. I plat to put carpet in as well... Did you contact have any comments regarding carpet?

6ballsisall
01-04-2005, 08:48 PM
VERY Sweet Price! I'm curious to know how close they will match the org. skins that are on now. Guess it won't matter since all are being replaced. Post some pics after you are done. I'll do the same. I plat to put carpet in as well... Did you contact have any comments regarding carpet?

Got all the skins ripped out and getting ready to ship them down to the guy. I guess he uses them as patterns to create the new ones. When i talk to him next I will ask about carpet. I actually have most of mine ripped out now as well and replacing it. I did find almost exactly the same carpet at Lowe's, I have a price written down here somewhere, seems I figured it might cost me about $80 to do the boat in that. BTW, our boats look identical other than mine has the side stripes gone!

east tx skier
01-05-2005, 11:35 AM
If the carpet at lowes is olefin outdoor/marine, I can attest that it works well on bunk rails.

wpstevenson
02-11-2005, 04:28 PM
ATLfootr

I want to have my wifes 25 aniversery stars and stripes reskined, would you send me or post how I can contact them. The boat is on Center hill in middle TN, so I'm hoping they are close. email is
stevenson@make-a-wake.com

Thanks

bradamerry
02-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Well I finally got the skins in :toast: ! Now the work begins, for someone!!

east tx skier
02-11-2005, 05:14 PM
wpstevenson, you have to get them through your local dealer. You will need the Hull ID number off your transom (including the two-letter combination that follows it). At this point, you may have trouble getting anything other than white skins from MC for a 93.

Edit. Sorry, didn't pay attention to the fact that that was addressed to Atlfooter re: his contact.

G-man
02-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Doug he may get lucky because the S&S vinal had no stripes in it. The only color was used in piping. His is either blue or red piping. He will lose the heatseal stamp as you did. They say it going to be 68 this weekend, I hope to at least go run the boat. How about you?

east tx skier
02-11-2005, 06:22 PM
My plan is to save the stamped portion of the vinyl if those seats ever go and get my upholstery shop to sew it in.

As for the weekend, we'll see. I want to run it, but it's supposed to rain.

EFiles
03-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Well I finally got the skins in :toast: ! Now the work begins, for someone!!

Brad,

Have you found someone to install your skins yet? If it turns out well I might want to use the same person. Also, are you going to re-carpet while you're at it?

bradamerry
03-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Brad,

Have you found someone to install your skins yet? If it turns out well I might want to use the same person. Also, are you going to re-carpet while you're at it?
New carpet as well. EFiles I am using and old friend that is very good. He has done two inboards already this year, so he knows what he is doing. He does alot of work for some local boat dealers. PM me and I will give you his name and #.

east tx skier
03-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Brad, what does replacing the carpet run when all is said and done if you don't mind my asking. If you don't mind saying, but don't want to post it, please PM or email me. Mine is in relatively good condition (no stains rips, etc., but has zero softness left to it. Is that normal? Perhaps a good steam cleaning is in order rather than replacement.

G-man
03-08-2005, 06:09 PM
doug I wetvac it twice a year. get it real wet then use the vac to get it as dry as possible. The vac was strong enough to pull almost all the carpet back up. The color of the water collected was disgusting. I know there are shampoos made but if you don't get all the soap out it holds dirt. A nylon hair brush can help pull carpet up also.

bradamerry
03-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Doug, when I find out how much the carpet is, I will let you or everybody know. Isn't that one of the reason we are all here, to help each other, if I get screwed, I want you guys to tell me ;) ! Or maybe it is just to read all of Rick's and Mark's posts.

east tx skier
03-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Very good, sir. I've heard some pretty high quotes on those carpet jobs, so here's hoping you get a good one.

scott88prostar
03-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Im going to attempt my skins this weekend!...went skiing last weekend so Ive got to get it going :eek3: ....anybody started it yet?...looking for any tricks or tips would be helpful!

Thanks Scott

bradamerry
03-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Very good, sir. I've heard some pretty high quotes on those carpet jobs, so here's hoping you get a good one.
PM me if you want to know prices on carpet and putting skins in. My guy is cheap on the carpet.

lakes Rick
03-12-2005, 04:54 PM
doug I wetvac it twice a year. get it real wet then use the vac to get it as dry as possible. The vac was strong enough to pull almost all the carpet back up. The color of the water collected was disgusting. I know there are shampoos made but if you don't get all the soap out it holds dirt. A nylon hair brush can help pull carpet up also.

About every two years I give mine the special..

I remove everything from the boat, and all removable seats ( not the bolt down ones) and cushions.. Take it to the 25 cent car wash ( oops, showing my age, $1.50 I meant) and I use the wand about 12" up from the carpet and work it towards one area that can drain, Rinse it well, and let her dry.. Yeah take out all your drain plugs, and I ONLY do this in the Spring, after the weather warms up so it can dry well. Same thing as above, very dirty water I am "brooming" with the pressure washing wand towards the drain..

If you do this early AM before the wash place gets crowded and/or it gets too hot, you can do your upholstery while you are doing the "soapy wash" part of your carpet, stop and then scrub down what cushions are remaining in your boat, then rinse upholstery/carpet at the same time.. Works well around the upholstery "piping" to blow out the dirt you cannot get to..

Now by all means this takes some common sense, and do not take a HIGH pressure washer to your boat made to clean off paint from concrete, or stick the pressure wand RIGHT NEXT to your upholstery or carpet or you will do some damage. I guarantee you will like the results. 303 the inside, polish and wax the Fiberglass and you be looking good..

Please don't tell patty but I did the carpets on her old Explorer this way.. Typical women with kids, it was a pig pen, but looked LIKE NEW when I got done. The left over moisture seems to soften the vinyl or leather interior and makes for a good time to clean it also.. AGAIN this can only be done in the HEAT of summer to guarantee it will dry out......

bradamerry
04-15-2005, 07:27 PM
I get the boat back tomorrow, with new skins and carpet :dance: !!

NeilM
04-15-2005, 07:40 PM
We'll need pics..

bradamerry
04-15-2005, 07:44 PM
We'll need pics..
Tomorrow my man, tomorrow. I going to get it after the big soccer game. The team is already 0-1 :rant:, but the Wildman is coaching now :rolleyes: . We have a good chance to 0-2 :confused: . But they are only three. More laughing than kicking. :uglyhamme

MarkP
04-15-2005, 10:05 PM
I get the boat back tomorrow, with new skins and carpet :dance: !!
Thatís good to hear. It is nice to see the board has had a somewhat positive effect on you.:D Cant wait to see the shots..

Oh, Congrats on the coachin gig.. That has got to be a blast:toast:

sfitzgerald351
04-15-2005, 10:12 PM
But they are only three. More laughing than kicking. :uglyhamme

They have soccer league for 3-year olds? I knew that they said sports were getting out of control, but wow!

Must be pretty amusing to watch though. A bunch of kids, probably all shorter than the shirt they are wearing in a big scrum not knowing what to do except try to kick the ball somewhere. And there must be that odd kid who forgets to run after the ball because he turning in circles in the middle of the field! :uglyhamme

Take a picture or two and post them. We'd love to see!

bradamerry
04-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Thatís good to hear. It is nice to see the board has had a somewhat positive effect on you.:D Cant wait to see the shots..

Oh, Congrats on the coachin gig.. That has got to be a blast:toast:

I didn't ask for the coaching jig, just got it. Somehow they found out my dad played pro soccer back in England in the 50's and I guess they thought I knew how to coach it :confused: .

AirJunky
04-15-2005, 11:14 PM
:confused: . But they are only three. More laughing than kicking. :uglyhamme

The age when it's a swarm around the ball, huh :uglyhamme

bradamerry
04-15-2005, 11:21 PM
The age when it's a swarm around the ball, huh :uglyhamme
Yes it is. The hardest thing is to keep them playing. It is 4 on 4, so they don't get too tried. I play them for about 5 minutes and then sub in 4 more. We have 2 studs, but if a plane, butterfly, mom, dad, grandparent or anything comes by, they just stop :wavey: ! I have never laughed so hard in my life watching them play. It is well worth the $20 I paid for Kaylee to play. :uglyhamme

bradamerry
04-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Good thing is, I told the parents of our team, to cheer for all the kids.. On both sides... If the parents don't have fun, the kids want either ;) !

MarkP
04-15-2005, 11:49 PM
I didn't ask for the coaching jig, just got it. Somehow they found out my dad played pro soccer back in England in the 50's and I guess they thought I knew how to coach it :confused: .
Again.

Congrats anyway, Iím sure itís a blast. I went through it with the first two, so far.

erkoehler
04-16-2005, 02:57 AM
Good thing is, I told the parents of our team, to cheer for all the kids.. On both sides... If the parents don't have fun, the kids want either ;) !

I hate seeing those parents that are out of control and get in fights and crazy nonsense!

bradamerry
04-17-2005, 12:00 PM
New Skins are in!!!!!! :dance:

bradamerry
04-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Another shot :dance:

bradamerry
04-17-2005, 12:01 PM
One more :woohoo:

scott88prostar
04-17-2005, 12:07 PM
Looks great Brad!.. :worthy: .I have the dog house, back seats, side panels, and rear seat..I should have said most of the boat.....thanks god for friends with boats!...was going to do carpet but not this year...I did the driver seat and the observer so at least I can use it If need to.

Farmer Ted
04-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Looks good Wildman!

Looks damn good!

bradamerry
04-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Looks good Wildman!

Looks damn good!
Thanks guys and all for under $2000.00. May sound like alot, but skins from MC (shipping included), and new carpet, all installed. I like the price and I didn't have to touch nothing except my wallet :banana: :banana: !

erkoehler
04-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Nice work, looks great!

BrianM
04-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Looks really nice. All of that for under $2000 not doing any of the work sounds good to me.

bradamerry
04-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Looks really nice. All of that for under $2000 not doing any of the work sounds good to me.
I agree. Buying carpet, installing carpet and skins for $950.00, and I got to keep the extra carpet !! :)

jsonova99
04-18-2005, 11:00 AM
that's a great deal, I'm looking to do the same thing, and the people I've talked to would put me around $3000 or more :eek:

bradamerry
04-18-2005, 11:01 AM
And now Brandy has new BOAT RULES!!!!! No drinks other than water and no snacks other than fruit. Except for MY BEER and MY SNUFF ;) .

east tx skier
04-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Looks great!

Brad, you mean you don't just spit the dip into the bilge and let the pump take care of it? Took 3 long sets on Caddo yesterday. Well worth the two hours in the car. Kudos to the wife for going along with my plan to drive down yesterday at 1 pm. Got back at 10:30 PM. I don't remember being this sore and smiling this much.

Found out today my boat is ready. It begins.

bradamerry
04-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Brad, you mean you don't just spit the dip into the bilge and let the pump take care of it? Took 3 long sets on Caddo yesterday. Well worth the two hours in the car. Found out today my boat is ready. It begins.
Glad to hear you boat is ready and come on Doug. You are from Texas, the only reason for the drinking water is the bottle. ;)

east tx skier
04-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Never got hooked on the stuff thank goodness. Tried it, turned green, turned to coffee for my fix.

EFiles
04-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Boat looks fantastic! It's great to see an example of what my '87 once was and hopefully will be again!

My restoration is going to be delayed quite a bit. I found out a few weeks ago that the dealership never ordered the skins I paid them for back in December. :mad: They have assured me that MC will still make them for me. However, I'm now looking at a late June delivery date.

Brad, do you mind posting info on your carpet (what kind, where to buy, how much to buy, etc.). Also, does your installer want another job? You can PM me if you like.

bradamerry
04-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Boat looks fantastic! It's great to see an example of what my '87 once was and hopefully will be again!

My restoration is going to be delayed quite a bit. I found out a few weeks ago that the dealership never ordered the skins I paid them for back in December. :mad: They have assured me that MC will still make them for me. However, I'm now looking at a late June delivery date.

Brad, do you mind posting info on your carpet (what kind, where to buy, how much to buy, etc.). Also, does your installer want another job? You can PM me if you like.
My installer order the carpet and I'm sure he would do your boat. He said he order it from North Carolina.