PDA

View Full Version : Trailer brake issue 2006 X-2

dapicatti
10-11-2006, 01:31 AM
Has anyone else had an issue with the brake fluid leaking from the cylinder on their 2006 trailer? Ours is ruining the paint on our trailer and we have to refill it every weekend to ensure that the trailer brake is working properly. Otherwise you hear that horrible bang and grinding sound.....like nails on a chalkboard.

Our dealer is over 1 hour away from us, so I was hoping to troubleshoot before we take it in to them. Any advice or help would be great.

A.I. Rider
10-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Morning,
I had the same issue within about a month of getting this boat back in April. I actually tried tightening the screw at the area where the leak was at, and so did my dealer. It still ended up failing. They ended up replacing the entire system. I have not had a problem with it since. It may be in your best interest to go ahead and get to your dealer. I hope that this helps.

Ric
10-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Great, I just so happen to be getting a new trailer in a few weeks and I have this to look forward to?......... I promise if it's an issue, it WILL happen to mine!:rolleyes:

ntidsl
10-11-2006, 09:50 AM
settle down RIC...don't freak out yet...lol...

trickskier
10-11-2006, 10:11 AM
I had the same problem with my trailer. The solenoid that releases the master cylinder when you back up was leaking on mine. Dealer tightened it, and I haven't had any problem since.

A.I. Rider
10-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Trickskier,
They tighted mine as well, but for some reason, it happened again a week or so later. They ended up replacing it. Like you mine has been perfect since.

boatdad
10-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Yes I had the same problem. The dealer replaced the bad parts with no problem. Mastercraft is aware of the leaking.

dapicatti
10-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. Our dealer said they were unaware of the problem, however another dealer in another area-- 2hrs further away-
is aware. I am just wondering if it is worth driving the extra time to get it fixed correctly.:confused: :confused:

Not knocking our dealer...they have been exceptional to work with.
I just want to get it fixed right the first time.

sully
10-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Mine leaked also, dealer installed new master cylinder, no leaks since then.