PDA

View Full Version : Chicago folks - Billy Goat

Tryin-again
10-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Hey - My dad is from chicago/Bloomington..

He took my nephew up there a couple of weeks ago. They brought me a T-SHIRT from the " Billy Goat". Is that some bar or buger joint up there? Any comments? Sorry I haven't ever been there. :cool:

88 PS190
10-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Chicago or Bloomington?

Tryin-again
10-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Chicago or Bloomington?

Billy Goat - Michigan Ave? in Chicago......:confused:

Mag_Red
10-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Heree ya go.........430 N. Michigan Ave
at Lower Level
Phone: 312-222-1525
Famously portrayed on "Saturday Night Live" in the mid-'70s (cheezeborger, no fries - chips) it's long been a local legend, since original owner William Sianis was forbidden by the Chicago Cubs to bring his goat into Wrigley Field during a 1945 World Series game. Sianis' curse that the Cubs would never again win a championship has held true.
A popular newpaper writer hangout. Walls are plastered with blown-up bylines and numerous articles.

*Billy Goat Tavern* 600 E. Grand Ave (Navy Pier) Phone: 312-670-8789
In keeping with the classic Billy Goat tradition, the menu at this Navy Pier location keeps things simple. Tourists will enjoy the unique atmosphere and bombastic counter service; loyal patrons will enjoy the new setting.

http://cityinsights.com/chicago/images/billygoat2.gif

Tryin-again
10-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Heree ya go.........430 N. Michigan Ave
at Lower Level
Phone: 312-222-1525
Famously portrayed on "Saturday Night Live" in the mid-'70s (cheezeborger, no fries - chips) it's long been a local legend, since original owner William Sianis was forbidden by the Chicago Cubs to bring his goat into Wrigley Field during a 1945 World Series game. Sianis' curse that the Cubs would never again win a championship has held true.
A popular newpaper writer hangout. Walls are plastered with blown-up bylines and numerous articles.

*Billy Goat Tavern* 600 E. Grand Ave (Navy Pier) Phone: 312-670-8789
In keeping with the classic Billy Goat tradition, the menu at this Navy Pier location keeps things simple. Tourists will enjoy the unique atmosphere and bombastic counter service; loyal patrons will enjoy the new setting.

http://cityinsights.com/chicago/images/billygoat2.gif

Thanks Mag....

That would have been when dad was 15 & He is a MAJOR Cubs fan .... That explains hisexcitement over the place....... Gracias....... ;)

stevo137
10-11-2006, 12:08 AM
CHEEZEBORGER! CHEEZEBORGER! NO PEPSI, COKE... :D
Also, the Cubs curse...

Tryin-again
10-11-2006, 12:10 AM
CHEEZEBORGER! CHEEZEBORGER! NO PEPSI, COKE... :D
Also, the Cubs curse...

Yep,

That is what the T-Shirt says....... :D

Rockman
10-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Also, the Cubs curse...

I thought it was due to Steve Bartman (I am a personal member of his fan club!):D ...or the Billy Goat.

Oh well, gotta blame it on something :cry: ...maybe next year:rolleyes: ...but don't hold your breath!

Workin' 4 Toys
10-11-2006, 12:22 PM
I thought it was due to Steve Bartman (I am a personal member of his fan club!):D ...or the Billy Goat.

Oh well, gotta blame it on something :cry: ...maybe next year:rolleyes: ...but don't hold your breath!
And I thought it was the Bartman ball they blewup...