PDA

View Full Version : OK.....so I finally got the "new" MC

Jesus_Freak
10-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Finally...the 94 PS 205.

Let me offer a monster "Thank You" to many of you who, in postings and PMing behind the scenes, helped me feel comfortable buying this boat. At the same time, however, I probably would never have even considered spending this much money on a 12-year old toy if I had never become engaged in this forum :D . My teenage son is not too happy with the purple :mad: , but he is going to survive. Besides a tad of trailer rust, a wee bit of hull oxidation, and a lack of PP, I think we are good to go. It is funny that my wife would not allow me to upgrade my Concept to a Monza, but gave me "permission" to buy another boat.

I am trying to attach pics for the first time...

east tx skier
10-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Looks like you got a winner there! Congrats.

endl
10-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey I just sold my 94 "purple" Maristar. You will get lots of compliments on the color. Tell your son its a "boat" your supposed to have bright different colors........we called ours the "The Barney Boat" maybe he will find humor in that. You will love that engine........fuel injection is a great thing.

Jesus_Freak
10-10-2006, 01:25 PM
The Barney Boat....I never thought of that. Thanks. Since teenagers typically love Barney, he will really be soothed by that concept.

Archimedes
10-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Aw c'mon, the purple's awesome. I loved that color. I had the basic blue on my 94 ProStar. Talk about boring.

justinlkgb
10-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Nice boat, the legend never dies!!:D

Leroy
10-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Great choice JF! I'm looking to sell my boat and pick up something like that.

André
10-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Good looking boat and nothing wrong with the colours!

/...said the guy with the purple 190!!!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-10-2006, 08:46 PM
I am sure your son has his own name for a purple boat. But its cool!!!!! I like it! DAYUM NICE BOAT!!!!:toast: :headbang:

ctkiteboarding
10-10-2006, 08:52 PM
sweet ride,,,, enjoy R

SkiDog
10-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Nutin wrong with dat boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

east tx skier
10-10-2006, 09:09 PM
The Barney Boat....I never thought of that. Thanks. Since teenagers typically love Barney, he will really be soothed by that concept.

If not, you can always call it the Tinky Winkie Boat ;)

http://www.davethompson.org.uk/images/tinky_winky.jpg

I'm just messin' with you. It's stylin! You just need a matching coat!

http://www.musiq.pl/images/22/Prince_Purple_Rain.jpg

André
10-10-2006, 09:18 PM
If not, you can always call it the Tinky Winkie Boat ;)

http://www.davethompson.org.uk/images/tinky_winky.jpg

I'm just messin' with you. It's stylin! You just need a matching coat!

http://www.musiq.pl/images/22/Prince_Purple_Rain.jpg
Hey you,not funny "barge guy"...8p

east tx skier
10-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Hey you,not funny "barge guy"...8p

Okay paint by number. ;)

Footin
10-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Nice ride, I love my 94 205.

sanjuan23
10-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Congrats and Enjoy Purple Schumple it's a MasterCraft!!!

Hoosier Bob
10-10-2006, 10:44 PM
If you check back awhile you will see that Jeff was awarded the Purple Barney avatar when he purchased his 1995 Purple ProStar. Jeff it is time to pass on the Barney avatar! JRANDOL Give it up!:D

Jesus_Freak
10-11-2006, 10:55 AM
The Tinky Winkey and Prince pictures are hilarious!! With so much purple to choose from, I am having trouble choosing a name for it.

starman205
10-11-2006, 11:03 AM
JF, nice boat!!! You will enjoy it. I have owned the 93' version for 6 years and absolutely love it. :)

shepherd
10-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Nice choice JF. Color doesn't matter IMO. Give the kid some cans of black spray paint and tell him to have at it ;)

I ski behind an aqua blue/green 205 (my buddy's boat). It skis nice and has plenty of room. You won't be disappointed.

Jesus_Freak
10-11-2006, 11:08 AM
I guess I am allowed to sort of threadjack myself, right?

The PS has an intermittent hot-starting problem. Sometimes, it does this thing where it will fire when I turn the key but cannot continue sustained running. I have to put it in neutral and rev it some before it will stay running. This doesnt occur frequently, but it is bothersome. Normally, it runs fine. Suggestions?

east tx skier
10-11-2006, 11:24 AM
When it is not doing this, what is the idle?

Jesus_Freak
10-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Dont remember and cant use it much with the weather. It is smooth and a "typical" idle speed, maybe 700. A friend of mine with a Bu says his has done this before, as he has the same engine. Too much fuel vapor in that secondary TB fuel pump?

Teamoro
10-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Boat looks great! Congrats on your purchase; purchased my first MC in Aug; 03 X10; 350 MCX; love it; you'll have many years of great boating....

wakebrdr142
10-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Sounds like vapor lock.

Jesus_Freak
10-16-2006, 02:56 PM
I am thinking this as well, but wanted to know if I am the only one seeing this seemingly-sporatic effect in a TBI system...

causewayskiier
10-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Congrats, on the new boat. I'm sure you'll love it. I have a 92 PS205 that I've been pleased with. I have a question for you though. My PS did not come with engine cover gas shocks, only a prop rod, which I really don't like. I noticed that you 94 was the shocks. I want to retrofit mine with shocks. Do you know what the length and strength of yours are? Also where do they attach on the floor and on the engine cover? How many inches forward of the floor hinges? If you have time I would love to know. Thanks.

Jesus_Freak
10-17-2006, 04:18 AM
I would suggest PM'ing someone on the board with more experience working on a 205, like ETS. He would probably know more about this. Please PM me for any other measurements I can help with.

rspiecha
12-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Remove the water/fuel seperator, and put a lower pressure filter by the fuel cell. I had the same issue, and the boat dealer recommended this, and it worked wonders for me. Having the ECM flashed with the latest code always a good idea. I also developed a rough idle when engine was hot, a new throttle body with injectors, TPS, and fuel pressure regulator fixed that issue.

Rob

prostar205
12-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Jesus Freak -

Congrats on the new purchase. I had the exact same color scheme on my '95 PS205 and I loved it. It does help that the major university's (University of Washington) colors are purple and gold. Anyway, it is a great color scheme just keep alot of wax on it because the purple will oxidize quickly - especially the transome.

Here is a picture of mine.

Jesus_Freak
12-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Jesus Freak -

Congrats on the new purchase. I had the exact same color scheme on my '95 PS205 and I loved it. It does help that the major university's (University of Washington) colors are purple and gold. Anyway, it is a great color scheme just keep alot of wax on it because the purple will oxidize quickly - especially the transome.

Here is a picture of mine.

Dude, that is beautiful and much better looking than mine. Mine has already oxidized like nobody's business, especially the transome. I guess I need to search the threads for buffing compound suggestions, unless some of you have some time to update me here with a suggestion.

Jesus_Freak
12-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Remove the water/fuel seperator, and put a lower pressure filter by the fuel cell. I had the same issue, and the boat dealer recommended this, and it worked wonders for me. Having the ECM flashed with the latest code always a good idea. I also developed a rough idle when engine was hot, a new throttle body with injectors, TPS, and fuel pressure regulator fixed that issue.

Thanks for the advice. Does MC really issue updates to these codes and/or lookup tables?

cbryan70
12-04-2006, 03:56 PM
3m rubbing compound works well, then use 3m finisher it will give it a nice gloss, then buff with whatever wax you like.

thijs
12-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Nice ride! Maybe your son would have prefered our blue 94PS205 with a big pink stripe!!!!-lol. At first I was put off by our color, but know I realize people are looking at one thing on your boat: the big letters that say MasterCraft.

Dude, that is beautiful and much better looking than mine. Mine has already oxidized like nobody's business, especially the transome. I guess I need to search the threads for buffing compound suggestions, unless some of you have some time to update me here with a suggestion.

If you are worried about oxidation, check out the awesome work shepherd did:
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12550

bfinley
12-04-2006, 05:18 PM
I have the same color scheme, but I covered up the pink strip with a charcoal gray one. I know it will have to be redone in a few years, but I'm OK with that.

Look at the pic in my gallery to see how it looks

thijs
12-04-2006, 07:32 PM
What about your skins? Have you changed the interior to get rid of the plethura of pink? (Sorry about the questionable thread-jack, really this is the best pic I could get of the pink in the interior. Anyone mind??)

Jeff Lyman
12-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Wow, I bought the same color boat in Oct. it's a 93 PS205, the pink is alittle much but now anything goes, I own a body shop and cant believe what I hear on color combos.

Some thoughts on waxing, To much is no good and can cause oxidizing or dulling more. A Dupont tech. once told me was wax is basicly oil. What happens when you put oil on your skin and sit in the sun, YOU BURN your skin. The same thing happens to your car\boat finish. Wax is good only for that quick good looks. Ive owed black boats, red boats and rarely waxed them but did a light polish every year or two with awsome success. For what its worth, plus I'd rather be skiing, driving or having a beer than waxing a boat!
A cheap wax from the car show bag of tricks Lemmon pledge its the same thing.

Jesus_Freak
12-05-2006, 02:55 AM
I have the same color scheme, but I covered up the pink strip with a charcoal gray one. I know it will have to be redone in a few years, but I'm OK with that.

Look at the pic in my gallery to see how it looks

Looks great.

Jesus_Freak
12-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the advice. Does MC really issue updates to these codes and/or lookup tables?

I am not trying to run my own thread into the ground, but I am trying to see if anyone can answer/comment on MC updating ECMs.