PDA

View Full Version : winterization?

blackbeauty02
10-09-2006, 10:46 PM
So I'm just wondering how hard it is to winterize a boat? Should I just take it in and pay the $100-150 to have it done right or is it an easy enough job to do it myself? I'm somewhat mechanically minded and should be able to do it if it's not too hard. Thanks guys.

6ballsisall
10-09-2006, 10:50 PM
So I'm just wondering how hard it is to winterize a boat? Should I just take it in and pay the $100-150 to have it done right or is it an easy enough job to do it myself? I'm somewhat mechanically minded and should be able to do it if it's not too hard. Thanks guys.

If you can really get it done by a PROFESSIONAL for $100 I'd do it in a heartbeat. :cool:

Otherwise, do a search, there are lots of threads on winterizing. It's not difficult at all, especially on your boat.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-09-2006, 11:04 PM
My last boat, I took to the dealer to have it done.
The boat before that the previous year, I did myself.

I'd take it in for 100.....I also trust the guys at the MC dealer it went to. If I didn't, I would do it myself.

bigmac
10-10-2006, 08:08 AM

It's pretty easy, although a little time-consuming, if you follow the recommendations in the MasterCraft owner's manual. Don't forget to clear the lines of your heater and/or shower and/or ballast tanks if you have those. I found it to be kind of a pain, but I'm sure I made it more difficult by wanting to get RV anti-freeze into the engine, then draining.

$100 is pretty cheap - I doubt that that includes any oil or filter change. My dealer charges $250 for winterization - which includes engine oil and filter, all the other little lubing processes, then completely sucking up -100 propylene glycol into the engine.

east tx skier
10-10-2006, 10:01 AM
The key with a $100 "deal" is to find out what they're doing. If that's just stabilizing, fogging, and draining, I'll do it for you for $75! :)