PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville area owners?

2QWICK
10-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Recently swapped pastimes from road racing motorcycles to something more family focused a new X30. No stranger to boats or boardsports (surfing, snow boarding) but new to tow boats and the Jacksonville creeks and rivers. Looking for some other owners to hookup with and learn from as I educate myself on this new endeavor.

TMCNo1
10-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Trickskier should be along sometime today, he is in JAX and can help.
Skidog is farther up to your north, but he will only educate you on the "Bouncy Bars" and where the Hooters are!

trickskier
10-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Recently swapped pastimes from road racing motorcycles to something more family focused a new X30. No stranger to boats or boardsports (surfing, snow boarding) but new to tow boats and the Jacksonville creeks and rivers. Looking for some other owners to hookup with and learn from as I educate myself on this new endeavor.

I just PM'd you, check you box.

SkiDog
10-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Trickskier should be along sometime today, he is in JAX and can help.
Skidog is farther up to your north, but he will only educate you on the "Bouncy Bars" and where the Hooters are!

Now why would you go and say such a thing?!?!:D I'm not denying it or anything like that, but man, why roll me under the bus on a Monday?
By the way, how do you like your X-30? Here's a shot of mine. Also, you need to try and make it to the Reunion that Bay Area Water Sports is having a the end of this month down in Polk City @ the Water Ski Hall of Fame

TMCNo1
10-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Now why would you go and say such a thing?!?!:D I'm not denying it or anything like that, but man, why roll me under the bus on a Monday?
By the way, how do you like your X-30? Here's a shot of mine. Also, you need to try and make it to the Reunion that Bay Area Water Sports is having a the end of this month down in Polk City @ the Water Ski Hall of Fame

2Qwick, here is the thread and PDF for location and entry info for Jim@Baws event Skidog is refering to................http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=11538

2QWICK
10-09-2006, 05:55 PM
I love the X30... it looks great in my driveway - My wife had some "must haves" in order for this thing to hit the water - none of which i have done yet. I'm hopfull that I can take it out this weekend by either nailing one of thoes online CG classes or finding a group to head out with that "knows" what they're doing - she has ZERO faith in my abilities - LOL

tunedportcj5
10-09-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm in Jax - we have an '03 Blue X2... usually ride in Pottsburg and Black Creek. Where do you ride?

Chief
10-10-2006, 07:58 AM
In jax, ride ortega, black creek, camp blanding.

trickskier
10-10-2006, 10:42 AM
In jax, ride ortega, black creek, camp blanding.

Like the new Avatar JC

SkiDog
10-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Like the new Avatar JC
You would!:D

trickskier
10-10-2006, 12:02 PM
You would!:D

Dog, I only drink 2 things Budweiser (Go Dale Jr.) & Cutty Sark Scotch!

SkiDog
10-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Dog, I only drink 2 things Budweiser (Go Dale Jr.) & Cutty Sark Scotch!

Well. I'm with ya on the 8 car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trickskier
10-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Well. I'm with ya on the 8 car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a behind the scene's tour of DEI a couple of years ago and had dinner with Jr. at DEI. They have a restaurant inside DEI that would rival Ruth's Chris! Sure would like to have one of those DEI power plants in my X-1.....OH yeah....Only REAL MEN drink scotch!

SkiDog
10-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Got a behind the scene's tour of DEI a couple of years ago and had dinner with Jr. at DEI. They have a restaurant inside DEI that would rival Ruth's Chris! Sure would like to have one of those DEI power plants in my X-1.

With, or without the restrictor plate?:D

trickskier
10-10-2006, 08:25 PM

Without!!! They have 4 Dyno's......Two guys use 1 dyno year round for just plate engines. Place is in the middle of 2 corn fields.

TMCNo1
10-10-2006, 08:40 PM

I always thought everyone drank Scotch without a restrictor plate. You have better throttle response when you step out in traffic!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

trickskier
10-10-2006, 08:47 PM
I always thought everyone drank Scotch without a restrictor plate. You have better throttle response when you step out in traffic!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Shoot, I prefer direct injection. I have an IV hookup with a 1.75 hanging. Better than MORPHINE!!!!

SkiDog
10-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Shoot, I prefer direct injection. I have an IV hookup with a 1.75 hanging. Better than MORPHINE!!!!

Just be sure that you don't slip on that ther platform whilst intoxicated!
:D

trickskier
10-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Just be sure that you don't slip on that ther platform whilst intoxicated!
:D

It's slicker now than it was at the River Run

SkiDog
10-11-2006, 12:58 PM
It's slicker now than it was at the River Run
Can I wear my NEW 80 grit sandels in your boat?:D

trickskier
10-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Can I wear my NEW 80 grit sandels in your boat?:D

Youz mights need'em

trickskier
10-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey 2Q are you going to put the X-30 in the H2o this weekend???

2QWICK
10-12-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm shooting for Sunday... just need to get an extra set of hands to go to help with one of three things

1. Launching the boat
2. Parking the truck
3. Making sure that kid doesnt jump overboard while I'm doing one of the above

trickskier
10-12-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm shooting for Sunday... just need to get an extra set of hands to go to help with one of three things

1. Launching the boat
2. Parking the truck
3. Making sure that kid doesnt jump overboard while I'm doing one of the above

PM me if you need some help. I'm going to try to put in Saturday and ride down to the Outback Crabshack fo lunch.

2QWICK
10-13-2006, 02:10 PM
I'd love to hookup with ya but we're booked on Sat (Dogtoberfest, sons haircut, shopping, etc). We're gonna head out Sunday somewhere for a cruise - any suggestions?

trickskier
10-13-2006, 05:18 PM
I'd love to hookup with ya but we're booked on Sat (Dogtoberfest, sons haircut, shopping, etc). We're gonna head out Sunday somewhere for a cruise - any suggestions?

I would suggest the Goodby's Lake Ramp on San Jose Blvd just south of Baymeadows Rd. New, Wide & a lot of parking. From there head out to the St. Johns, go North to downtown & The Landing or South to Dr's Lake.....Whitey's Fish Camp, Julington Creek.....Clarks Fish Camp or even further south past the Shands Bridge to Outback Crab Shack. PM me and I'll give you my phone number if you want to discuss. Have fun!

TMCNo1
10-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Just go ahead and tell him, BR-549!

trickskier
10-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Just go ahead and tell him, BR-549!

I gave him you number Harold!:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

trickskier
10-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Hey 2Q,
Did you ever launch the X-30? A few owners are giong to watch the Blue Angles Sunday from the St. Johns. Are you interested in bringing your boat joining us?

2QWICK
10-23-2006, 05:21 PM
yeah we had it out on Sunday. Just a quick ride down the ICW but got a few hours on it. we had already planned to do take the boat over to the show on Sat. Is there any reason Sunday is better? My wife had standing plans on Sunday so to move thoes I need to have a good reason... but I'd love to hook up with you guys.

trickskier
10-23-2006, 08:05 PM
yeah we had it out on Sunday. Just a quick ride down the ICW but got a few hours on it. we had already planned to do take the boat over to the show on Sat. Is there any reason Sunday is better? My wife had standing plans on Sunday so to move thoes I need to have a good reason... but I'd love to hook up with you guys.

FLORIDA / georgia game Saturday at THE GATOR BOWL 3:30pm. Right now me, jcrosby150, and a few other friends are going to hookup and watch the show. If you can make it great, if not we'll do it some other time.

atlfootr
10-24-2006, 04:00 PM
FLORIDA / georgia game Saturday at THE GATOR BOWL 3:30pm. Right now me, jcrosby150, and a few other friends are going to hookup and watch the show. If you can make it great, if not we'll do it some other time.Anyone in JAX area, make an effort to hookup w/ trickskier and gang.
He's a great guy, good times to be had :toast:

Chief
10-24-2006, 05:25 PM
I'll bring the Sammy's and the earplugs.

trickskier
10-24-2006, 06:32 PM
I'll bring the Sammy's and the earplugs.

Roger That!!!! I'm trying to figure a way to fill my ballast with BUD & ICE!!

SkiDog
10-24-2006, 06:56 PM
FLORIDA / georgia game Saturday at THE GATOR BOWL 3:30pm. Right now me, jcrosby150, and a few other friends are going to hookup and watch the show. If you can make it great, if not we'll do it some other time.

Hey Tricky, Are you headed to the game or the reunion? I thought you said you were going to the game, but I can't tell from the last post, maybe I'm just not reading it right.

trickskier
10-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Hey Tricky, Are you headed to the game or the reunion? I thought you said you were going to the game, but I can't tell from the last post, maybe I'm just not reading it right.

Going to the Game Saturday......Watch the Blue Angles from the St. Johns Sunday. Bring your boat and join us Sunday! BTW hope you have a great time & good luck at the reunion.

SkiDog
10-24-2006, 07:25 PM
I am pretty sure I am gonna be a hurting after Sat. at the reunion, (and the Ga-Fla also)(my prediction is Fla. by 21), so I doubt I'll make it to the Blue Angels. However, that doesn't mean that you should not take any pics on Sunday and post them Sun. night!
BTW, if you here a loud explosion to the north of you tonight, don't be alarmed, it will be just me, blowing up this SLOW A$$ computer!!!!!!!!!

trickskier
10-24-2006, 07:34 PM
I'll take some pics Sunday. Don't know if I'll be sober enough to post Sunday night though. Don't forget we have a side bet on the game.....I am going to call Jim tomorrow, hope he's not too mad at me. This is the first Southern Reunion I'm going to miss.

SkiDog
10-24-2006, 07:45 PM
I'll take some pics Sunday. Don't know if I'll be sober enough to post Sunday night though. Don't forget we have a side bet on the game.....I am going to call Jim tomorrow, hope he's not too mad at me. This is the first Southern Reunion I'm going to miss.

You want bottles or cans?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I do know it's BUD!:D

trickskier
10-24-2006, 07:49 PM
You want bottles or cans?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I do know it's BUD!:D

Doesn't matter as long as there are 24 soldiers!

SkiDog
10-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Doesn't matter as long as there are 24 soldiers!

Put your fingers in your ears! Me and this slow a$$ dial-up DSL and this #$($&#($)%^@#*#$($)#)# computer are fixing to go to WAR! KA-POWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'M OUTA HERE!