PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hungry? UMP has hors devours ready!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-08-2006, 09:00 PM
OK, UMP cooked up the ruffed grouse I got this year so far. Me, Ms. UMP, and my parents and my uncle are enjoying them now. MMM!!!! Good stuff!!! Since Milky posted his beef briskey adventures, I figured this would be of interest.

Mikey will know what this is all about!!!! Give me a "He11 yea" Mikey!!! Aint nuthin like Partridge McNuggets!!!:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/RuffedGrousedinner.jpg

JohnnyB
10-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Mmmm....looks deep fried. Just did a batch like that as lunch during duck opener. Excellent grub!

Hoosier Bob
10-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Looks great all but the Asti Spewmanti? Coors goes with Goose my brother!

10-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Hoosia my brutha! :) While I was frying the wild game, Ms. UMP and mother UMP were making wild concorde grape jelly from grapes they picked. Its been a banner day, were just living off the fat O' the land I tell ya. :D and For Erk and JR's benefit, I am drinking white russians again tonite! Erkle, expect your phone to ring!!!!!;)

Mother UMP is also making plenty of blackberry, plum, blueberry, peach, grape cordials. and blackberry brandy. Good thing prohibition is over! Hoosier you would love my mother! :D

erkoehler
10-08-2006, 09:29 PM
UMP....remember don't stop till you've had 5 in the same time frame as last night :)

10-08-2006, 09:31 PM
UMP....remember don't stop till you've had 5 in the same time frame as last night :)
Erkle, your turf is toast biotch!!:D P.S. Ms. UMP is my tarbender and she said she will have that ring in two shakes of a partridge's tail! :D

10-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey Erk, Remember I love you and JR in a manly "we just won the football game" sort of way. 8p :cool: NO Hoosier! we aint wearing orange, and we aint going ghey!

Mag_Red
10-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey Erk, Remember I love you and JR in a manly "we just won the football game" sort of way. 8p :cool: NO Hoosier! we aint wearing orange, and we aint going ghey!Looks mighty good there Ump'ster:D HOw bout bagging a few more gouse, deep freeze em, and fry em up for the gang at MMIII:headbang:

10-08-2006, 09:49 PM
well, I am sure we can figure something out to accomodate Mag! (he!!, they will all be so drunk we will just fry up some chicken breasts, and tell them its Grouse:D ) :) Hiya MaG!!:)

Mag_Red
10-08-2006, 09:54 PM
well, I am sure we can figure something out to accomodate Mag! (he!!, they will all be so drunk we will just fry up some chicken breasts, and tell them its Grouse Hiya MaG!!:)
:wavey: Hiya Ump! Just returned from the lake.......need to get some thing to eat......That's for posting that pic8p

Hoosier Bob
10-08-2006, 10:25 PM
I am getting hungry! Life is good in Yooperville! Oh yeah, I probably already have!;) Hoosia my brutha! :) While I was frying the wild game, Ms. UMP and mother UMP were making wild concorde grape jelly from grapes they picked. Its been a banner day, were just living off the fat O' the land I tell ya. and For Erk and JR's benefit, I am drinking white russians again tonite! Erkle, expect your phone to ring!!!!!;)

Mother UMP is also making plenty of blackberry, plum, blueberry, peach, grape cordials. and blackberry brandy. Good thing prohibition is over! Hoosier you would love my mother! :D

10-08-2006, 10:29 PM
I am getting hungry! Life is good in Yooperville! Oh yeah, I probably already have!;)
Well, you know I am all about good food. I dig it. Mom UMP makes good cordials too, they will mess you up! I think Hoosier needs to make a trip up here sometime! Life is good here!:) White Russian #4 is DOWN!!! Ms. UMP is driving back to town! We are eating dinner at the parents house. I just got done grilling the pork chops now!:)

Hoosier Bob
10-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Just let me know when and i will pick up Stari on the way!

Mag_Red
10-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Hey Ump.......had one of those Hard Berry's you left on the houseboat.........How do you drink that stuff????8p And what's up with the White Russian????

Hoosier Bob
10-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Sory Mag but the White Russian he is refering to is an exchange student named Carl! I thought not to ask but there may be some legal issues that may need to be resolved!

10-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Hoosier, you are priceless!!! :rolleyes: Hey, you and Staristar need to make the trip up here sometime. Maybe next summer. Rockman, and Erk are talkin bout coming up here to go Footin'. :D Mag, my white russians are kinda more brown than white. Strong ones!!! I get wrecked fast! Ms. UMP is driving home tonite!:)

10-08-2006, 10:56 PM
P.s. Mag, if you dont like those berry things, give them to Mr. Masterlock 2 boats down:D :D

erkoehler
10-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Who said anything about me coming up to da UP....I only venture that far North when the snow is flying. Which could be next week :)

10-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Who said anything about me coming up to da UP....I only venture that far North when the snow is flying. Which could be next week :)
No back peddling now Erk!! You are in da game! Rockman is taking care of everything. He said you, sassydog, and him are flyin up next summer!:) Footin on lake superior!! Maybe HB and Staristar will make the trek too. and I will work on Mag and JR!:D

Leroy
10-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Looks great and glad to see you are doing something good with the grouse!

I have several duck breasts I need to fix sometime, waiting until everyone forgets and then going to fix something special like you did!

So you have all of your relatives near you? Very nice!

6ballsisall
10-09-2006, 12:06 AM
HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! UMP likes his White Russians!!!!!! I gotta tell ya man, talkin to you last night after a you have a few of those things was TOUGH!!! Between that yooper gibberish and slurred speach it was tough! Had fun talking to the future MRS. UMP. We are all conspiring to help her win "the bet" :D

edwinfuqua
10-09-2006, 02:18 AM
OK, UMP cooked up the ruffed grouse I got this year so far. Me, Ms. UMP, and my parents and my uncle are enjoying them now. MMM!!!! Good stuff!!! Since Milky posted his beef briskey adventures, I figured this would be of interest.

Mikey will know what this is all about!!!! Give me a "He11 yea" Mikey!!! Aint nuthin like Partridge McNuggets!!!:)

I wish I had a pic for ya but we cook over here for a few good buddies and gals every Friday night. Sometimes we have pork tenderloin, sometimes we do chops, sometimes we cook steak. Two weeks ago we did cabobs. Good thing we did too cause too many people showed up and if we did'nt have that FINGER FOOD we sho wodda run out and been some hungry folks in a standing room only around the fire situation.

As soon as it cools off a bit more I will cook about 8 hams in a custom smokere and fix up about 120 qts of my special stew. My wife won't even let me stop at a BBQ store cause she is so spoiled w/ my cooking.

If I could ever figure how to post photos I would. The only way I know how now is post 'em on my web page. Somebody, please, help me with that.

Edwin

edwinfuqua
10-09-2006, 02:21 AM

The rule is drink one, pee one.

k

LakePirate
10-10-2006, 09:26 AM
The rule is drink one, pee one.

k

They are going to have to put a bar in the Bathroom.

10-10-2006, 09:28 AM
They are going to have to put a bar in the Bathroom.
There is a concept. Flat screen TV on the wall too, so you can watch football games;)

LakePirate
10-10-2006, 09:32 AM
There is a concept. Flat screen TV on the wall too, so you can watch football games;)

They already have that down here. Came right after 'lectricity

Mikey
10-10-2006, 01:24 PM

He11 yea! I just fried up the birds that I shot while I was up there last month. I coat mine in Zatarains Creole chicken fry mix. MMM Delicious. I have 2 left in the freezer I will probably wait till I get some ducks and fry them up together. Now I just need some smelt to go with it and I would feel right at home.

How has the grouse season been up there lately? My dad said he sees the occasional bird but he hasnt been out much.

10-10-2006, 01:40 PM
He11 yea! I just fried up the birds that I shot while I was up there last month. I coat mine in Zatarains Creole chicken fry mix. MMM Delicious. I have 2 left in the freezer I will probably wait till I get some ducks and fry them up together. Now I just need some smelt to go with it and I would feel right at home.

How has the grouse season been up there lately? My dad said he sees the occasional bird but he hasnt been out much.
I talked to your dad up on Mt. Arvon last weekend Mikey. Ms. UMP and I were out hunting and he was kinda checking out prospective snowmobile trails and stuff. Its been really windy lately, and the birds are very edgy. you dont get much of a chance at them. BTW, your brother is here installing a new phone at our office today. :) Glad you enjoyed your birds! I am going to try again this weekend. Well, I cant hook you up on the smelt at this point, but come spring I may be able to!:D