PDA

View Full Version : HO Phantom Truth? sucks!

caliguyinTN
10-07-2006, 07:12 PM
I bought a 67" phantom Truth brand new off ebay. I got a great deal on the price but i hate the ski. Even my g/f's dad who was a former tournament skier hates the ski. He almost broke his neck on it. Anyways, I'm a fairly decent skier trying to get into skiing the course but my g/f and her dad think the ski is holding me back. anyone have the same experiences and have any recommendations for a future purchase?

east tx skier
10-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Lots of people hated the Truth, which seems to be why the CDX keeps getting made. (?). For whatever reason, my wife was not one of them. She has a 67" Truth and likes it much better than the ASX she transitioned from.

At any rate, you're in good company.

Hoosier Bob
10-07-2006, 08:19 PM
I have one but did not give it much of a chance. Never been an HO guy. I liked how it rode and really could not fault it too much. There have been some solid rides on that ski in tournaments. I will say if your GF's dad is close to my age or older it is unlike anything from my era. I remember it did not like to be forced but when let go I thought it did pretty well. Get someone who has one help you set it up. I have the 2005 and will ski it again I am sure. I do not like the Phantom bindings but I think I like the ski if that makes sense.

tex
10-07-2006, 10:11 PM
I hear the World Team Comp rocks!

Hoosier Bob
10-07-2006, 10:14 PM
I thought you were out of Vikes!

tex
10-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Bottomless wine glass...no...bottomless vike bottle!

Hoosier Bob
10-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Say your in a ton of pain! Broke some ribs recently and Doc gave me some! I don't take them for pain though, I take them for pleasure!