PDA

View Full Version : Can Money Buy Happiness??????

Datdude
10-07-2006, 02:26 AM
What do you think about money buying happiness?

Some say money is the root of all evil. Others would say those people have none:cool:

ridehype4life
10-07-2006, 03:21 AM
well money CAN buy a mastercraft so I say yes...

Mag_Red
10-07-2006, 03:58 AM
Depends on your definition of hsppiness. I was pretty damned happy when I was 18 and didn't have a pot to piss in. And I'm pretty damned happy now. Got a giant pot to piss in.......about the only thing missing in my life is some one to share the success with. It will come in time I guess. If not...it was never meant to be. I have some great friends here, an they couldn't care less if I have a penny to my name.I love all you guys and gals.............no need to name names............you know who you are............so I guess I'm saying.............$$$$$$ can't buy you happiness...........it's the people that you surround yourself with that will bring you joy. I am truely blessed!!!!:woohoo: :wavey:

kpickett
10-07-2006, 06:45 AM
I'm willing to test it out. If someone gives me a bunch of money, I'll let you know how happy it makes me.

TMCNo1
10-07-2006, 08:35 AM
I will find out when the lottery numbers I have come up!

MarkP
10-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Depends on your definition of hsppiness. I was pretty damned happy when I was 18 and didn't have a pot to piss in. And I'm pretty damned happy now. Got a giant pot to piss in.......about the only thing missing in my life is some one to share the success with. It will come in time I guess. If not...it was never meant to be. I have some great friends here, an they couldn't care less if I have a penny to my name.I love all you guys and gals.............no need to name names............you know who you are............so I guess I'm saying.............$$$$$$ can't buy you happiness...........it's the people that you surround yourself with that will bring you joy. I am truely blessed!!!!:woohoo: :wavey:http://www.ourladieslounge.com/forums/images/smilies/aww.gif
Sober up mag!http://www.ourladieslounge.com/forums/images/smilies/morebeer.gif

michael freeman
10-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Money can't buy you happiness but it sure makes the trip a lot easier. :)

skeeler
10-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Money can't buy you happiness but it sure makes the trip a lot easier. :)
My dad and I are in buisness together, and like he always told me. "Money dosen't make you happy, but it sure helps." :D

Ric
10-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I have no idea, I will let ya know when I get some .

Money

you filthy rotten minded computer geeks! :rant:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Interesting topic. Given my situation, I dont make a whole lot of money where I am located, its just not a big money area. But I am happy:) I CHOOSE to live here. Given my education, I could move to a city and make a helluva lot more money. BUT, I would be away from things that I value highly, my excellent friends and family and a lifestyle that I enjoy.(I could deal without the harsh winters though) so its a trade off. I think the key is to do what makes each of us happy, what ever that may be. For some its lots of money, for others its not. :twocents:

stevo137
10-07-2006, 10:41 AM
What do you think about money buying happiness?

Some say money is the root of all evil. Others would say those people have none:cool:

Just a slight correction my friend:

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil"

I'm not a very rich man but live a comfortable life and can honestly say at this point in my life, I am very happy. You know, they say count your blessings.
Here are some of mine:
A Wonderful, beautiful, and faithful, wife of 20 years.
Two awesome kids, boy 15, girl 13.
We are all healthy.
Wife has been able to be a full time mom for over 15 years.
Many friends
A great house in a great neighborhood with very good schools.
Time to enjoy my blessings.
A great job working for a great company where the management and people respect and appreciate me and I also respect and appreciate them.
Things I still want:
More money! It's not wrong to want more as long it's not the center of your happiness.
More travel, vacations.
Own my own business.
Early retirement so that I can travel and enjoy some freedom.
House on a nice small lake.
A NEW MASTERCRAFT 190!!!!!!! THE RED AND BLACK ONE THAT IS AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM PAGE! 8p

10-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Just a slight correction my friend:

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil"

I'm not a very rich man but live a comfortable life and can honestly say at this point in my life, I am very happy. You know, they say count your blessings.
Here are some of mine:
A Wonderful, beautiful, faithful, wife of 20 years.
Two awesome kids, boy 15, girl 13.
We are all healthy.
Wife has been able to be a full time mom for over 15 years.
Many friends
A great house in a great neighborhood with very good schools.
Time to enjoy my blessings.
A great job working for a great company where the management and people respect and appreciate me and I also respect and appreciate them.
Things I still want:
More money! It's not wrong to want more as long it's not the center of your happiness.
More travel, vacations.
Own my own business.
Early retirement so that I can travel and enjoy some freedom.
House on a nice small lake.
A NEW MASTERCRAFT 190!!!!!!! THE RED AND BLACK ONE THAT IS AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM PAGE! 8p
uh...Steve.....could I speak to you for a minute over here....? (Dude, you forgot the Cowbell! DOnt you want more COWBELL??) ;) 8p

stevo137
10-07-2006, 11:01 AM
uh...Steve.....could I speak to you for a minute over here....? (Dude, you forgot the Cowbell! DOnt you want more COWBELL??) ;) 8p
Yes UMP, I forgot about that. MORE COWBELL!!!

10-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Yes UMP, I forgot about that. MORE COWBELL!!!
Thats more like it!:) :toast: MORE COWBELL!!!:headbang:

Footin
10-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Money does not buy happiness but I sure helps chase the blues away.

Hoosier Bob
10-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Money provides opportunities to enjoy your happiness or further compound your unhappiness. If you are unhappy money is like throwing gasoline on the fire. I have always said everything you are and have today you have worked your entire life for.

Oh yeah an S-load of $$ would make me be happy with everything that moved!:D

Footin
10-07-2006, 08:18 PM
HB, does Coors buy happiness???????

:) :) :)

Hoosier Bob
10-07-2006, 08:22 PM
No, but I buy Coors and I am happy. If I buy happiness would that make me Coors? Was that inductive or deductive?8p

rodltg2
10-07-2006, 09:23 PM
if i had lots of money i could buy my ski lake... and that would make me happy!!

TMCNo1
10-07-2006, 09:33 PM
I am sitting here with $1.17 in my hand, why am I sitting here laughing so hard and happy. Time to go to the Shop and Rob, buy a $1 lottery ticket and put the 17 cents in the penny bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
10-07-2006, 09:36 PM
No, but I buy Coors and I am happy. If I buy happiness would that make me Coors? Was that inductive or deductive?8p

Sound quite conclusive to me!

Hoosier Bob
10-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Unfortunately you all only see the dark side of Hoosier! That is Deductive reasoning! Inductive would be Hoosier is a bad man therefore all Hoosiers are bad! Conclusive is when comprehensive investigation has provided enough evidence to support your claim. Hoosier is BAD!

6ballsisall
10-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Money doesn't buy happiness but it does buy opportunities.

I.e: better schools for your kids, safer neighborhoods, memorable family experiences.........

Hoosier Bob
10-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Let's face it, better sex! I'll take fake any day!8p OK so I only care about myself, is that really wrong?