PDA

View Full Version : 91 PS 190 Engine Cover Cup Holder

jsonova99
12-08-2004, 02:06 PM
I'm wondering if anybody knows if you can buy replacement cup holder assemblies for older MCs that mount in the engine cover. Not just the cup holders but that entire piece along with the vent on it. Mine is quite dirty looking and nothing seems to clean it up.

G-man
12-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Give your local dealer a call. I beleive he is down in Boynton Beach, he can call MC to see if by chance they have one. I have also done quite a bit of business with MC of Arkansas(mcboats.com). They understand about keeping older boats looking new.

east tx skier
12-08-2004, 03:20 PM
George, a little off topic, but did you ever replace any skins on your boat? If so, which dealer did you find had the best deals?

94PS190
12-08-2004, 03:29 PM
If you find one, please post where you got it and how much. I need one for a 94. I tried to recover mine, but it didn't work.

Thanks

milkmania
12-08-2004, 03:37 PM
re: cups

my dealer had the ones I needed.....in stock....less than 5 bucks for all three

but, had to determine size because he stocked two styles/sizes

G-man
12-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Doug I tried several times to get prices on skins, I even gave the dealer the part numbers, After calling the dealer three times and going by I gave up. The second dealer called me back to see if I wanted "something" after having my e-mail for over a month, by then I sold the boat.

east tx skier
12-08-2004, 04:27 PM
And George, that was your local dealer that never got back with you on prices?

If so, I talked to them today (called 3 times before getting the parts guy on the phone). I've learned not to give them the option of calling me back as it never seems to work out.

The last time I ordered a skin, I went through Daryl Moore in Houston and had the part number that I got from MC ready for them. They're not especially good about calling me back either, but the price was right.

I'm not real antsy to make this purchase anyway as my interior is in really good shape for an 11 year old boat. Just some small spots/nicks here and there and I like to keep everything looking nice. I suppose I should not worry about it for a while. I'm going to upgrade the noise reduction on the motorbox in a few weeks anywya. But getting the prices will help me with this decision.

G-man
12-08-2004, 05:56 PM
That would be the local dealer and a neighboring state dealer. If I were in your shoes I would get what is the needed for the drivers seat 3 skins, observers bottom cushion, and the square observers back as skins and hold onto them. (engine skin if yours is worn) I know MC has declined to make some of the older skins and every year your boat gets older your rolling the dice.

94PS190
12-08-2004, 06:04 PM
I need the plastic piece the cup holders fit into. mine was faded pretty bad and I tried to recover it. I peeled the old vinyle off, but I cannot get the new vinyle to look right. Do you guy's have any ideas. I haven't called a dealer yet because I won't need it until spring.

east tx skier
12-08-2004, 06:44 PM
That would be the local dealer and a neighboring state dealer. If I were in your shoes I would get what is the needed for the drivers seat 3 skins, observers bottom cushion, and the square observers back as skins and hold onto them. (engine skin if yours is worn) I know MC has declined to make some of the older skins and every year your boat gets older your rolling the dice.

I had a local shop do the driver's seat base because, frankly, nobody ever sees it. According to the local dealer, the discontinued skins for the early 90s are more in the area of boats that weren't big sellers. Good advice all the same. I'll start saving up for the engine box, the side panels, and the bow seat back that needs some attention. The rest of it is mint at the moment.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
12-08-2004, 08:03 PM
I'm going to upgrade the noise reduction on the motorbox in a few weeks anywya.

What are you doing/using to upgrade the motorbox?

BrianM
12-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Try Rambo Marine (MC Dealer) in Alabama for older parts and the skins. They have been very helpful to me and responsive in trying to track down older parts. They try even if in the end they are unable to get them. The prices for things I have check on have been reasonable and they are willing to take the order over the phone and ship. I have been thinking about calling them about prices/getting a couple of skins for my boat. Web site is www.rambomarine.com (http://www.rambomarine.com) you can get their phone number there.

Holtrodj
12-09-2004, 12:57 AM
I've recently bought a '96 190 that has a few nicks in the skins, along with a seam on the base of the drivers seat comming apart. What do new skins run $? :confused:

H20skeefreek
12-09-2004, 09:30 AM
I've recently bought a '96 190 that has a few nicks in the skins, along with a seam on the base of the drivers seat comming apart. What do new skins run $? :confused:

you'd have to call your dealer and give him the HID#

east tx skier
12-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Holtrodj, I posted some prices quoted to another member for 93/190 skins in another thread. It should give you a good ballpark estimate for what it'll cost you.

Brian, thanks, if I don't hear back from my somewhat local dealer in a few days, I'll give Rambo a shout.

Lake Laurel Skier, I'm getting the I/O Noise Reduction Kit from Overtons. There's a nice how-to on the Malibu Boat Owners Board.

Hunterb
12-13-2004, 07:53 PM
If anyone does find a supplier for the plastic piece that goes in the motor box would they be so kind as to post where they found it. I would like a new one as well.

Thanks

Bruce