PDA

View Full Version : 2007 X-45

Carbon Dreams
10-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Wow! This boat is comletely sick. :headbang: My first MC. So far very impressed with the overall quality and performance. This is without a doubt a beast! Any tips from the X-45 guys?

Roonie's
10-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Very nice boat....... congrats.

Ric
10-06-2006, 05:30 PM
That is one black BEAUTY

Carbon Dreams
10-06-2006, 05:34 PM
That is one black BEAUTY

Thanks. I told my wife she could have the black on so long as she would learn to buff.

pq2
10-06-2006, 05:42 PM
congrats, super cool boat. I have a black MC and when i have to polish it I hate it, but when i seet shine I love it.

lav
10-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks. I told my wife she could have the black on so long as she would learn to buff.

BABES BOAT BRIGHT is your friend

gives my black MC a showroom shine :cool:

boatless
10-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Can I be your friend ? :D

Ooyhh yeehh, where is the big MC logo ?

boatless.

Carbon Dreams
10-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Can I be your friend ? :D

Ooyhh yeehh, where is the big MC logo ?

boatless.

With room for 18. Yeah, that's what they rate it for. The more the merrier. Better surf wakes anyway!:friday:

WakePowell
10-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Great looking boat! Your wife will get hours of enjoyment keeping the waterspots off of it.

I love my X-45. This is it’s served my needs really well. Load it up with people and ballast and you will be able to surf 20’ from the back of the boat. Wakeboarding behind the X-45 requires a little more speed than an X-Star. I have found that the wake really cleans up well at 23 MPH.

Carbon Dreams
10-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Load it up with people and ballast and you will be able to surf 20’ from the back of the boat. Wakeboarding behind the X-45 requires a little more speed than an X-Star. I have found that the wake really cleans up well at 23 MPH.

I have tried the surf wake with stock port ballast and KGB full. Fuel was full and just me and my family. Oh ya, I had my 440lb fat sack in the port stern locker. I wasn't all that impressed with the surf wake. With the same config. in my old bu, I was able to ride my skim board all day 15 ft back. I know the X-45 has the potential for huge wave action, I just haven't found the right combo. Of course, I only have 10 hours so far.:D What have you found to be the best setup for a killer surf wake (wave)?

michael freeman
10-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Nice boat. You and your family are going to have a lot of fun.

Tip: Get used to people drooling at the dock. :)

TMCNo1
10-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Keep this quiet and don't tell anyone any different, but put a black tire cover on the spare before someone tells you it doesn't match the other four!
Congratulations! IT'S BEAUTUFUL!

Carbon Dreams
10-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Keep this quiet and don't tell anyone any different, but put a black tire cover on the spare before someone tells you it doesn't match the other four!
Congratulations! IT'S BEAUTUFUL!

That is exactly what I thought when I bolted it on. I thought having an ugly spare was better than being stranded. I've had way too many blowouts! I'll post a follow-up "corrected" pic.:)

erkoehler
10-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Why didn't you just get a matching spare?

Carbon Dreams
10-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Why didn't you just get a matching spare?

If I had ordered the boat, it would have. Since it wasn't ordered for me, I got what I got. The dealer did a good job with other "extras". For now, a black cover will suffice. :o

Perhaps, you might have thrown one in...:D

WakePowell
10-06-2006, 08:29 PM
The best surf wake we have ever set up was full ballast in the port tank, full fuel and twelve people mostly on the port side. At 11 MPH the wake/wave was over hip high. This picture is with only five people in the boat.

Carbon Dreams
10-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Here is a better pic with my wife's tow rig.

Carbon Dreams
10-06-2006, 08:39 PM
The best surf wake we have ever set up was full ballast in the port tank, full fuel and twelve people mostly on the port side. At 11 MPH the wake/wave was over hip high. This picture is with only five people in the boat.

That is about the wake size I have been able to get so far. I haven't loaded up with people yet. I can't wait to get the in-laws on board. Size does matter. :cool: My boat seems to like 10.4 - 10.8 on the cruise for a clean wave.

I love having this kind of problem!

dapicatti
10-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Love that boat! Great color choice. You will have so much fun with this X-45; contrats.

X45owner
10-07-2006, 05:59 PM
I have tried the surf wake with stock port ballast and KGB full. Fuel was full and just me and my family. Oh ya, I had my 440lb fat sack in the port stern locker. I wasn't all that impressed with the surf wake. With the same config. in my old bu, I was able to ride my skim board all day 15 ft back. I know the X-45 has the potential for huge wave action, I just haven't found the right combo. Of course, I only have 10 hours so far.:D What have you found to be the best setup for a killer surf wake (wave)?

Love our X-45. Wakepowell is right, it takes a little more speed than the x-star to clean up the wake. However, for the kids I pull the rope in a bit (55') and put the wake plate down and they can ride at 20mph. For wake surfing you should be able to ride with stock ballast. With stock ballast and two 350 bags on the side your riding will put 6"-8" on the wake. Also, play with the wake plate as it will change the lip up the wake.

Enjoy, you made a great choice. We go to the boat show every year since we bought ours in 2004. So far, no regrets there just isn't anything that compares.

Carbon Dreams
10-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Love our X-45. Wakepowell is right, it takes a little more speed than the x-star to clean up the wake. However, for the kids I pull the rope in a bit (55') and put the wake plate down and they can ride at 20mph. For wake surfing you should be able to ride with stock ballast. With stock ballast and two 350 bags on the side your riding will put 6"-8" on the wake. Also, play with the wake plate as it will change the lip up the wake.

Enjoy, you made a great choice. We go to the boat show every year since we bought ours in 2004. So far, no regrets there just isn't anything that compares.

Thanks for the input. Finally got to take a ride behind it yesterday. This is the first time I've been able to wakeboard all season. Early season, broken toe and foot. Anything with bindings was not an option.

WOW! I love the wake. We started at 21 with a GPS calibrated Speedometer. We were really impressed with the kick of the wake. More importantly the wake is nice and rampy. I didn't speed up to 23 as 21 seemed perfect for me. Nice and wide! Great landing area. No comparison to my '04 Bu' Wakesetter.

This afternoon, we will dial in the surf wake.

rick s.
10-09-2006, 01:26 PM
For surfing, we fill the center ballast tank, and whatever rear tank the kids are surfing on, and just a touch of tab. Then we get everyone to sit on that same side and set the cruise at 10. At 10.5 to 11 you can remove the tab and get an even cleaner wake.

For boarding, we board at 18 to 22, depending on water conditions. We don't use ballast right now as the wake is way better then we are. Slower than 18, and especially for beginning boarders, I use a bit of tab to clean up the wake. Shortening the rope at the slower speeds has been mentioned previously, and this will get your boarder into cleaner water.

Have Fun! We love our x45.

RexDog1
10-09-2006, 01:56 PM
The more I see the new tower I like it
Ahhhh!!!!!! a other black boat….nice enjoy :cool:

Carbon Dreams
10-09-2006, 10:49 PM
The more I see the new tower I like it
Ahhhh!!!!!! a other black boat….nice enjoy :cool:

The new tower is pretty cool! With the 4 speakers w/lights, there is a bit of side to side wiggle with wake crossings. That wiggle was not apparent without the speakers. Who cares with that kind of sound! I get as much comments regarding the tower as I do the boat.:cool: Overall, I couldn't be happier with this ride! Can't wait for spring...