PDA

View Full Version : No one there! H2o's to COLD!

atlfootr
12-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Now that the weather's turn'n for the worst, we have an entire lake practically to ourselves :woohoo:Other than the mere presence of a local bass fisherman or two, the absence of wakeboarders, jet skis and the moronic daily/weekend wallys w/ their tubes are a great relief not to be seen on the waters where we foot :banana:

:steering: Steering clear of the above mentioned and finding glass waters to foot on is nearly impossible any other time of the year, except for now.

I LOVE WINTER! :love:

Rockman
12-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Sometime when we ski here during the winter if the lakes are half thawed, we have to fight off the occassional snow-mobiler or two. We do have a common ground though, we stay in the water and they stay on the ice. It works out great! :D

atlfootr
12-08-2004, 11:08 AM
That Rockman is something we don't have .... still it's enough just dealing w/ the idiots that do exists :mad:

Zach S
12-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Rockman, if you are on the Chain the snowmobilers dont necessarily stay on the ice... :D

Rockman
12-08-2004, 01:45 PM
No, try to avoid the north chain as much during the winter as during the summer.

The Fox in IL and WI prove to be safer spots as well as a few of the local lakes.

It's great to have contacts who can do fly-bys on Friday afternoon to find open water for ya. :D

atlfootr
12-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Sure as hell glad, we don't have to do those ... :banana:

erkoehler
12-09-2004, 02:20 AM
It is kind of neat to see all of the snowmobilers flying buy all bundled up and then have some one skiing right next to you. Until they ask to use the boat to drag the sled out! :eek: :D

jimmer2880
12-09-2004, 05:53 AM
It is kind of neat to see all of the snowmobilers flying buy all bundled up and then have some one skiing right next to you. Until they ask to use the boat to drag the sled out! :eek: :D
I can't even imagine how cold of a dive that would be to hook up the rope to the down'd sled! :eek3:

I'm thinking that even a non-bouyancy wetsuit would give too much. And can you ever get all the air out of a drysuit?

I went diving for a buddy's catwalk 2 years ago. The river was up about 8' above normal and water temp was high 40's. Skipped the wetsuit for bouyancy issues (we didn't have enough fishing weights to counter the bouyancy) and nobody had their dry suit. Dang that was cold!

BriEOD
12-09-2004, 06:40 AM
I went diving for a buddy's catwalk 2 years ago. The river was up about 8' above normal and water temp was high 40's. Skipped the wetsuit for bouyancy issues (we didn't have enough fishing weights to counter the bouyancy) and nobody had their dry suit. Dang that was cold![/QUOTE]

That's hard core Jimmer!

atlfootr
12-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Anyone up NORTH every attempt a pull from a snowmoblie? That would be insane :eek3: I knew a guy who try'd it from one of these .... :cool: